Who do you want to replace Pearson?

Who do you want to be the new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I chose Sousa out of that list because I thought he was the most relevant candidate out of all of them. But right now I just think he hasnt got a clue about what he is doing and find him extremely frustrating. Maybe 2-3 more games before I lose the will to go down and watch it. Let's see if he can bring in some quality in the next few days.

:102:

I would have gone for the best manager.

I didn't vote because I knew he was coming well before Pearson went..

Powell from that list as he is unproven rather than a proven failure. Don't want anyone else.

Would much rather get a young up and comer: Sean O'Driscoll, Paul Tisdale, Lee Clark etc.

Can't believe so many people have gone for Sousa, have you bought into the "good football" bollocks SKY have been peddling? Every Swansea fan on the Championship forum I post on says how boring and negative his football is and how he's only got the good football tag because he was a Portuguese attacking midfielder.

I hate to say I told you so, but... :tumbleweed:

A question for alex, Beijing Blue, buzzer_b, cornishfox, Filthy Rich, fludie, Granite Fox, jas123, Joe_Fox, Mike - True Blue Tinter, Mitch-93, Mouse, olip6, Petrescu, Rayvon, Spanky Fox, supedaj, teblin, tedfoxxx, The Old Fox and Willlow.

Have you changed your mind since voting for Sousa?

From the performances, I am starting to doubt him. I honestly thought, at the time, he was the best candidate for the job. Time will tell.

Powell for Manager! :D

Lee Clark is by far my preference. Do think that Chris Powell should at least be interviewed though. Of the other names in the poll, I think only Sousa wouldn't be an unmitigated disaster.

I still stand by every word of this. Sousa is going to need time for his signings and style to bed in, like it or not, but compared to the other names on that list he's a shining light. Meanwhile, Lee Clark is continuing to get Huddersfield to play attractive and winning football (with a very good mix of local lads).

I am really concerned about the sports science people apparently not being replaced though. I don't know if this was a budget thing at the time, but they should be recruited now rather than the Thais spunk on another player. If Sousa doesn't want them he should be told by the board in no uncertain terms that he's having them and using them.

And if Sousa does end up sacked, Chris Powell will probably get the chance to prove himself as caretaker...

I still stand by every word of this. Sousa is going to need time for his signings and style to bed in, like it or not, but compared to the other names on that list he's a shining light. Meanwhile, Lee Clark is continuing to get Huddersfield to play attractive and winning football (with a very good mix of local lads).

I am really concerned about the sports science people apparently not being replaced though. I don't know if this was a budget thing at the time, but they should be recruited now rather than the Thais spunk on another player. If Sousa doesn't want them he should be told by the board in no uncertain terms that he's having them and using them.

And if Sousa does end up sacked, Chris Powell will probably get the chance to prove himself as caretaker...

Sousa believes his backroom staff can 'cover' the sports science bit as it's not as important as passing a football around 3000 times a day.

A question for alex, Beijing Blue, buzzer_b, cornishfox, Filthy Rich, fludie, Granite Fox, jas123, Joe_Fox, Mike - True Blue Tinter, Mitch-93, Mouse, olip6, Petrescu, Rayvon, Spanky Fox, supedaj, teblin, tedfoxxx, The Old Fox and Willlow.

Not at all. As you will see from my other posts I think the generally overpaid, overindulged players should shape up to the Sousa way or ship out. The players are employees of the club directed by the manager, not the other way round.

Powell was my number two choice as 'caretaker' to grow into the role.

Unfortunately Megson jumped ship before the fans had a chance to not give him a chance! Who knows what might have happened if he had stayed?

And look at the grief MON got for his first 10-15 games.

Not at all. As you will see from my other posts I think the generally overpaid, overindulged players should shape up to the Sousa way or ship out. The players are employees of the club directed by the manager, not the other way round.

Powell was my number two choice as 'caretaker' to grow into the role.

Unfortunately Megson jumped ship before the fans had a chance to not give him a chance! Who knows what might have happened if he had stayed?

And look at the grief MON got for his first 10-15 games.

Spot on, if the players are effectively holding the club to ransom then they should be shipped out pronto. The club will always be bigger than a bunch of prima donnas who believe after one semi successful season in then championship that they have the define right to hold the club by its bollocks and dictate who should and should manage this club ffs.

DJ is rightly castigated for his attitude and behaviour, yet a few of the fan favourites act in an equally disruptive manner and we should sack the manager. Grow up you bunch of pricks, knuckle down and earn your money. You never know if they take some of what Sousa is trying to do on board they might just learn something and develop into better players. Disrespecting tossers.

Also what happens if player power wins and Sousa leaves, what happens if the next appointment isn't popular what happens then another dismissal??

Sousa believes his backroom staff can 'cover' the sports science bit as it's not as important as passing a football around 3000 times a day.
It probably isn't, in all honesty. "Sports science" sounds very dramatic but it's not as if Nigel Pearson invented it, it's mostly stuff the club has been doing for years.

Apparently we're only one down from Pearson's set up in terms of personnel on that side. Bruno Oliveira has supposedly taken charge as that's apparently his big thang.

But even though I don't go for the overly cynical bashing of everything about Sousa and his methods and staff, I can't help thinking it's all gone tits up big stylee.

I think you've got to me, Durham... :icon_conf :icon_sad:

No. His hasn't been a great start - nor was Martin O'Neill's - I honestly believe that, if Milan gives him time, Sousa will produce the most attractive team since the early 1970's and one to challenge MO's successes.

It probably isn't, in all honesty. "Sports science" sounds very dramatic but it's not as if Nigel Pearson invented it, it's mostly stuff the club has been doing for years.

Apparently we're only one down from Pearson's set up in terms of personnel on that side. Bruno Oliveira has supposedly taken charge as that's apparently his big thang.

But even though I don't go for the overly cynical bashing of everything about Sousa and his methods and staff, I can't help thinking it's all gone tits up big stylee.

I think you've got to me, Durham... :icon_conf :icon_sad:

As far as I am aware, NP and his backroom staff really took this to a new level at the club. They employed a couple of staff purely for this position, these are no longer here and haven't been replaced.

As far as I am aware, NP and his backroom staff really took this to a new level at the club. They employed a couple of staff purely for this position, these are no longer here and haven't been replaced.
One hasn't. The other was replaced by Bruno Oliveira, who supposedly has significant qualifications in the mysterious "sports science". We also still employ a match data analyst as far as I'm aware.

So was this one individual we're now short of the difference between us finishing 5th last season and being bottom this season? Somehow I doubt it.

I think we're all in danger of looking for problems that aren't really there. Clearly something is wrong, but I don't think it's the fact that one bloke who we've not even heard of went to Hull with Nige.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest the real problem is that most of the squad and people around the club think that Sousa is an egotistical twat and they'd much rather be working for someone else.

Dress it up how you like, though, that's just my guess.

I honestly believe that, if Milan gives him time, Sousa will produce the most attractive team since the early 1970's and one to challenge MO's successes.

Based on what? The free-scoring Swansea, the dynamic QPR or the International schoolboys he mollycoddled?

There is no evidence that he can achieve any of the things he said. The players he's bought in are hardly setting the league alight and he has not made positive change to the old players.

I have more faith in the X-Factor uncovering a person of genuine talent than I have of Sousa reintroducing us to The Beautiful Game.

One hasn't. The other was replaced by Bruno Oliveira, who supposedly has significant qualifications in the mysterious "sports science". We also still employ a match data analyst as far as I'm aware.

So was this one individual we're now short of the difference between us finishing 5th last season and being bottom this season? Somehow I doubt it.

I think we're all in danger of looking for problems that aren't really there. Clearly something is wrong, but I don't think it's the fact that one bloke who we've not even heard of went to Hull with Nige.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest the real problem is that most of the squad and people around the club think that Sousa is an egotistical twat and they'd much rather be working for someone else.

Dress it up how you like, though, that's just my guess.

The fact quite a few players can no longer do 90 mins without getting cramp suggests there's a problem to me. The players simply aren't as fit as they were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670