Who do you want to replace Pearson?

Who do you want to be the new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell from that list as he is unproven rather than a proven failure. Don't want anyone else.

Would much rather get a young up and comer: Sean O'Driscoll, Paul Tisdale, Lee Clark etc.

Can't believe so many people have gone for Sousa, have you bought into the "good football" bollocks SKY have been peddling? Every Swansea fan on the Championship forum I post on says how boring and negative his football is and how he's only got the good football tag because he was a Portuguese attacking midfielder. I'll just copy one post from a Swansea fan for example:

He's cocky, arrogant, nothing is ever his fault, he blames everyone including the fans and the board, and when it came to the crunch tactically he had absolutely no answer. He had a good 6 months with us, somehow getting us into the play-off's on the back of some back to the wall performances which we managed to win by the odd goal. The last 3 months were relegation form once we'd been worked out by other managers.

Plus he hasn't been seen or heard of since the season finished. Lee Trundle is still waiting to hear from him over whether he will get a new contract or not ffs, and that's the man Sousa comes across as, very selfish and doesn't give a shit about anyone else.

I may be totally wrong, but I just got this gut feeling that after 10-15 games next season we'll be near the bottom 3. Britton has gone, Pratley and Williams may well follow, and in return we've signed 2 blokes from Aldershot and Wrexham, both young and could turn out to be very good players but it doesn't inspire confidence me. I haven't been this pessimistic about an approaching season in a long time.

Oh, plus he bored the shit out of me for 46 games last season. Well maybe there was the odd exception, but we were absolute tosh to watch.

Last edited:
Nigel Pearson from Hull. I imagine we could get him after his last move wasn't exactly inspiring.

I love the people who have voted 'Curbishley' - why not add Hoddle and Hughes to the list?!!!!

Never ever going to happen.

Jamie Redknapp (sp?) anyone?

I love the people who have voted 'Curbishley' - why not add Hoddle and Hughes to the list?!!!!
Why not, Al? Do you think he's still waiting for a mid-table Prem team? He might be, but surely by now he's realised it ain't going to happen.

Would much rather get a young up and comer: Sean O'Driscoll, Paul Tisdale, Lee Clark etc.

The Professor speaks sense. May I also add Eddie Howe (Bournemouth) and Keith Hill (Rochdale) to that list? Heck, even Kenny Jackett (Millwall).

Last edited:
A question for alex, Beijing Blue, buzzer_b, cornishfox, Filthy Rich, fludie, Granite Fox, jas123, Joe_Fox, Mike - True Blue Tinter, Mitch-93, Mouse, olip6, Petrescu, Rayvon, Spanky Fox, supedaj, teblin, tedfoxxx, The Old Fox and Willlow.

Have you changed your mind since voting for Sousa?

I defy any of them to say he's a decent appointment.

I thought the way the club allowed Pearson to leave seemed extremely foolish and I have seen nothing to change my mind.
Of the possible replacements I strongly favoured Sousa. I am having serious misgivings.

What would the reaction have been if we had been in the bottom three under Coleman, Dowie or Southgate?

I thought the way the club allowed Pearson to leave seemed extremely foolish and I have seen nothing to change my mind.
Of the possible replacements I strongly favoured Sousa. I am having serious misgivings.

What would the reaction have been if we had been in the bottom three under Coleman, Dowie or Southgate?

Correct David. it really annoys me that certain players will always be blamed more than others. Every time Oakley misplaces pass it's the dnd of the world. If wellens etc do it, it's unlucky.

i have! get him out, im being completely honest

I think I chose Sousa out of that list because I thought he was the most relevant candidate out of all of them. But right now I just think he hasnt got a clue about what he is doing and find him extremely frustrating. Maybe 2-3 more games before I lose the will to go down and watch it. Let's see if he can bring in some quality in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669