Who do you want to replace Pearson?

Who do you want to be the new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with all the love for Powell as a manager? Has he done something I am not aware of?

Well suggesting he should be interviewed is hardly saying he should get the job. But, I think he >may< be a good appointment based on the following:

- He knows the club and the players
- He knows the division
- He has good contacts in the premiership
- He appears to be an able coach and seems to get credit for a lot of the younger players coming on
- He appears to be intelligent (for a footballer at least ;-)
- He would be cheap
- He could start the job tomorrow.

Given these, and the fact that:

- We have no money
- We need to build a team out of youth and loan signings
- Pre-season is due to start soon
- The slightly daft expectations of our fans (particularly given the club's debts).

He strikes me as being just the kind of thing we're looking for. While he might not be the person for the job, I think that someone like hime probably will be, so the very least he should be interviewed - assuming he's interested of course!

I don't think many of us would be surprised if he made the grade as a manager at some point and at some club. So why not our club? LCFC have a history of making educated gambles on young managers - it is the only way a club of our resources and size can do well in the long-term.

A colleague of mine through work who knows people on the corporate side at city says as of two hours ago, someone at the club had told him that Southgate was the name on peoples lips down there.

The guy is reliable, if he says that then that is what he has been told from someone down there. Could come to nothing but thought I'd share what I was told.

As I said a few days ago this is what I've been told by people who claim to have inside knowledge.

But I still reckon it's shite and we'll end up with Dowie.

Oh for Fecks sake! Then he would be followed down here by a string of Scottish journeymen as the next untapped talent that will storm the championship! Football's equivalent of Scotland's got Talent!

Is there any team in the championship that has recruited an outstanding Scot? Genuine question. Does not include overseas players playing for a Scottish team!

Paulo de Sousa has been punted right down to 5-4,with SkyBet that has been backed right down in the last 30mins

If either Tony Mowbray, Ian Dowie or Gareth Southgate are appointed as manager of this football club, then I will be devastated. I can't think of more uninspiring, spineless and limited managers. F*%king hell please no. I think I would go as far as say that I would lose interest in following the team.

Last edited:
What have everyone got against Southgate? I'd be happy if he came.

Just ask my middlesbrough supporting, season ticket holding, mate. Uninspiring, money wasting and spineless. The biggest thing that strikes me about Southgate is that I think he would not command the respect of the players.

Southgate. Treated harshly at Boro and deserves a second chance somewhere, I believe he has a lot to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669