Who Goes, Who Stays? Championship Here We Come!....

Undoubtedly. We just had a lot of top players, but a culture that enabled them to fail and relegate us. That’s my main gripe. It still really ****ing stings.
We didn’t have a lot of top players. We certainly had players who if they had they showed the right attitude and application were good enough to avoid relegation. But a lot of our players were and are vastly overrated by Leicester fans.

We had some poor players, a lot of bang average players (at Premier League level, which is relevant to this point), and some good, maybe even very good at times, players.

And yes, the fact that United seemingly prefer Mount, and the likes of Man City and Liverpool weren’t interested in him is an indication of just how much of a “Top” player Maddison isn’t. Same with Tielemans going to Villa and the clubs that Barnes is being linked with.

What's classed as a top club anyway?

Is it the club at the actual top of the league?

In the top half?

Top 4?

Top 1/3??

Owned by someone called Top?

What about top top clubs??

Might help if we started whittling down the list and agreeing on who aren't top clubs. Should keep us amused (or not) for a bit.

We didn’t have a lot of top players. We certainly had players who if they had they showed the right attitude and application were good enough to avoid relegation. But a lot of our players were and are vastly overrated by Leicester fans.

We had some poor players, a lot of bang average players (at Premier League level, which is relevant to this point), and some good, maybe even very good at times, players.

And yes, the fact that United seemingly prefer Mount, and the likes of Man City and Liverpool weren’t interested in him is an indication of just how much of a “Top” player Maddison isn’t. Same with Tielemans going to Villa and the clubs that Barnes is being linked with.
Not really... It's not like the 'top' clubs always get their transfer policy right and certainly is not an indication on a player's rating? Maddison's stats are top class in the EPL.

Just pondering over the surprisingly swift sale of Maddison this week together with our odd failure to announce two signings that have definitely happened.

My only conclusion is that we're so screwed financially for the 22/23 year that we have had to take whatever we could get for Maddison to get it into the accounts before the end of June. And then we also have to wait until July to announce new signings for the same reason.

Another massive loss to be reported I expect.

Reminds me of Eric Morecambe's piano playing; all the right notes but just not perhaps in the right order.

I think, BN, you're right to pick out and point to those happenings. It's just how you link them and the conclusion you draw that I don't see as necessarily being the case. Sometimes things happen in the order that they do and there's no sinister (or whatever) reasoning nor deeper meaning to it. It might just be a kind of logistic musical chairs.

I don't doubt however that we're going to post a loss.

Edit: shame on you all for not seeing the spelling mistake. You're slipping.

Last edited:
Just pondering over the surprisingly swift sale of Maddison this week together with our odd failure to announce two signings that have definitely happened.

My only conclusion is that we're so screwed financially for the 22/23 year that we have had to take whatever we could get for Maddison to get it into the accounts before the end of June. And then we also have to wait until July to announce new signings for the same reason.

Sounds good to me. Anyone who ever ran a business always did a bit of year-end adjustments and I would classify this as just that.

LC9999-730f-EDIT-copy.jpg

So in a similar vein to Vardy, is Ricardo staying too.

You are the master of adding up 2 and 2 and arriving at 5.

There are other possibilities. It could be for cash reasons if we've agreed on an up front payment. Losses are important for that pretendy FFP thing but cash could be more important for our loan covenants etc etc

If Ricardo stays, I'd play him central midfield. He is an accident waiting to happen bombing up and down the line. Techinically, he might be our best player left so we should try to ensure that he plays regularly.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663