Who Is City's Biggest Donkey Since 2000?

WHO IS THE BIGGEST DONKEY?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ullathorne was a ****ing good player for City..... He does not deserve to be on that list in any way. One of the greatest individual performances I've seen at Filbo was when we beat Liverpool 1-0 - Heskey scoring a near post header from a TC cross (or was it the other way around???) - anyway, Ullathorne played as the spare man in the back five and totally marked the then good Michael Owen out of the game....

If we are talking about value for money then Arnar must rival Ade.... Martin O'Neill didn't make many transfer **** ups but Arnar was definitely one. Fenton was another.

Rob Ullathorne was a ****ing good player for City..... He does not deserve to be on that list in any way. One of the greatest individual performances I've seen at Filbo was when we beat Liverpool 1-0 - Heskey scoring a near post header from a TC cross (or was it the other way around???) - anyway, Ullathorne played as the spare man in the back five and totally marked the then good Michael Owen out of the game....

You've mentioned it earlier in the thread.......

Aaaaggghhh, just when I thought I'd forgotten him!

I've seen some bad 'uns in my time but nothing comperes
with Bambi on ice(junior lewis) akinbadbuy was close,how about Carey? or Pineapple Lawrence.
one of the biggest disappointments of M.O.N 's reign to me was Fenton.

just a shame it doesnt go back far enough to cover tommy english:icon_bigg

Not sure why Pieman got votes, I actually remember him pulling off some world class stops while with us, particularly away at Gillingham if the memory serves.

Not sure why Pieman got votes, I actually remember him pulling off some world class stops while with us, particularly away at Gillingham if the memory serves.

Remember 'that' goal, alex - and then think again

apparently Dion Dublin was a bit like a donkey.

Howey was useless. Akinbiyi, whilst performing like a donkey during THAT season where he didn't score for about 25 games, did do alright the year before... Benjamin, whilst useful in our promotion season, was a bit of a clumsy oaf at times.

Personally my vote goes for John Curtis, for being shit AND a prick. Most of the players on that list who were useless were alright guys - Pressman, Akinbiyi, Benjamin was a lovely chap - Curtis went and slagged us off after jumping ship to Pompey after 3 months of being with us and playing like he had spinabifida.

I feel that some voters may be disillusioned by the fact that Junior Lewis and Alan Rogers didn't make the list.

I think its a bit harsh to vote for Trevor Benjamin or Frank Sinclair - both certainly had their comedy value - I'll never forget turning to my dad and saying "not Sinclair again" after he scored his second own-goal in two games againt Chelsea at Filboo. But to be fair, Franky was a part of the succes we had in the Premier League and Big Trev played his part in helping us get promoted back to the Premiership under Micky Adams.

The term 'donkey' would be the understatement of a lifetime when describing that ungraceful waste of skin shitbag Lewis...

I think we can all appreciate the effort and determination by some of the players despite lacking actual ability.

Akinbiyi, Benjamin and Marshall gave their all, but simply weren't good enough. We'll never know if Marshall would have been part of that promotion team as I remember him starting the first game at home to Watford in central midfield alongside Izzet but then left a week later.

The problems I have are people like John Curtis, Alan Rogers, Alan Maybury, Stephen Hughes etc. They dont look like they give a shit. I actually thought Maybury was a good signing when he first joined as he was a million times better than Chris Makin was. But after his performances and demeanour....

Lets just say I was ready to commit a crime when he was in the side towards the end of last season. I was so angry.

I don't know why Freund it up there. He needed a player like him or McKinlay last season as the likes of Williams, Hughes, Jarrett and Yeates were never going to get stuck in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670