Who should be our 1st choice strikers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxin_oz

I was just wondering pre Colchester who we should be playing upfront as first choice strikers. With Cort scoring against Chelsea and Campbell getting another one in the same match this issue has become a bit clouded for me. Fryatt and Hume haven't been prolific and De Vries seems out of the picture given we've loaned him out.

As most of our strikers are vertically challenged we'd either have to play the ball along the ground (not likely at the moment) or go for someone with height. Carl Cort is easily the tallest at 6'4'' so I guess with him in form maybe we should look at playing Collins John alongside him or Fryatt or Campbell. Personally I'd like to see Collins John and Carl Cort with Hume playing his midfield role. I'd like to know what others think on this subject so please feel free to give an opinion. :)

collins john would get the nod at the mo in front of all the others, hume id play deeper and its really anybody from whats left for the remaining place, at the minute id give DJ another go i suppose.

I'd agree with you Jonahal as I think Campbell and Collins both show promise but with Campbell at 5'10" and Collins John at 5'11" I just thought Cort's height might be more of a threat to opposing defenders?

Last edited:
I too would have Campbell and Collins as first choice strikers.

Cort looked a handful on Weds night

_________________Fulop

Stearman___N'Gotty_____Kisnorbo_____Sheehan

_______Kenton____Chambers____Newton

___________DJ____Cort___John

hopefully before the season is over :023:

Well we got the bench appearance. Shame he never replaced Campbell though. Would've been better than sending Newton on in my opinion. :icon_conf

Well we got the bench appearance. Shame he never replaced Campbell though. Would've been better than sending Newton on in my opinion. :icon_conf

Just hauling Campbell off would have put us in a stronger position than bringing Newton on.

dont seem like you no how to play football not directed at any one member. do you lot realizzzzzzse midlands football is 5 years behind english game lol england in world football you need more southerners or youlll be in scotland

dont seem like you no how to play football not directed at any one member. do you lot realizzzzzzse midlands football is 5 years behind english game lol england in world football you need more southerners or youlll be in scotland

???

don't seem like u no how 2 post in English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670