Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bent + Ferdinand

• Bent + Scowcroft

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Dickov and Bent, but I have to say I like the idea of Dickov coming on in the last 30 minutes. After all who would want to face a fresh Dickov if they were tired :?: :wink:

On the other hand, Dickov will wear out defenders more in the first 60-70 mins - then on comes Sir Les, no need to pace himself, defenders wilting and bangs in a hatrick or more.

Champions League here we come.

Personally I didn't think Robins was that bad... I always remember him crossing the ball to Walshie who headed it back to Emile which led to our equaliser against Boro' at Wembley...

I bet you, Scowcroft, that if Les Ferdinand gets his fitness bsck and is readily challenge for a place in the starting xi, his partnership with Bent will be more fruitful (on the basis of goals and assists between them) than that of Dickov and Bent. Now that's a challenge :wink: .

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
I bet you, Scowcroft, that if Les Ferdinand gets his fitness bsck and is readily challenge for a place in the starting xi, his partnership with Bent will be more fruitful (on the basis of goals and assists between them) than that of Dickov and Bent. Now that's a challenge :wink: .

Er, no. :wink:

Ferdy is a crock - he wouldn't be able to get a run of games to form an effective partnership. Dickov and Bent - no question about it.

You have say though, Dickov and Bent linked up pretty well - especially his first goal.

To be honest I'm not too worried about it because which ever way the foward line is we have all round ability on offer, especially when one compares to recent times.

To be honest I'm not too worried about it because which ever way the foward line is we have a lot on offered, especially when one compares to recent times.

Too right! - After seeing Akinbiyi/Benjamin upfront, it's just a bonus to see a striker with a first touch and can control the ball! :lol:

Scowcroft said:
...it's just a bonus to see a striker with a first touch and can control the ball! :lol:

Yeah they all have that. Even Benjamin was developing it towards the back end of last season, God bless. :D

Yeah, you have to remember it was the first division! :lol:

I heard in the summer that West Brom were intrerested in Benji and were prepared to pay 1.5 million! Well, it seems that Megson likes PT's signings 'for the future' with Lee Marshall already there!

Scowcroft said:
I heard in the summer that West Brom were intrerested in Benji and were prepared to pay 1.5 million! Well, it seems that Megson likes PT's signings 'for the future' with Lee Marshall already there!

Where on earth did you hear that :?: Everyone gives praise to Gary Lineker and Emile Heskey for there financial backing during our crisis. I think Megson should receive some of the accolades for his contribution :lol:

Scowcroft said:

Where on earth did you hear that :?: Everyone gives praise to Gary Lineker and Emile Heskey for there financial backing during our crisis. I think Megson should receive some of the accolades for his contribution :lol:

A few websites reported Megson's interest in Benji. They got Rob Hulse in the end from Crewe so they obviously left it.

You have a point about Megson - Paying £1 million for Lee Marshall deserves an award of some sort. :lol:

Dickov and Bent though I think there is a role for Bent going wide and providing crosses for Scowie. I'm fed up with hearing that Dickov was okay in the first division but not good enough for the Prem. Are these people at the matches? Dickov may not be Michael Owen but his work rate and determination gives defenders just as much of a nightmare and therefore he can be just as much a handful to them as any world class striker. His role paves the way for others in the team to score, if he is not scoring himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263