Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bent + Scowcroft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scowcroft

I'm in to these poll things today!

With the addition of Bent, who should be the pairing upfront when all the strikers are fit?

I think that we should have Dickov and Bent - A mixture of pace and guile upfront. Bent can also act as a targetman as such - He is 6ft 1.

So essentially we will still have a 'little and large' combination.

Please explain your choice.

I went for Dickov and Bent as well Scowie. I reckon Bent will provide the pace and goal scoring ability and Dickov will carrie on working his socks off to help Bent and him become a succesful stike force.

I can't see a better combo than Dickov and Bent with Ferdinand coming on with half an hour to go if we need a goal.

Work rate alone will not win us matches!! Going on the first 45 against Southampton Ferdinand must start if Micky thinks he can do it all the time, which i'm sure he does as he keeps saying how important Les is.

Marcus Bent has skill, pace and height... he might not work that hard but he has those 3 things which unfortunately Dickov doesn't!

I like Dickov and he was tremendous for us last year, but i just don't think has he enough at this level, work rate and determination only gets you so far. This isn't the first division anymore!

Put yourself in a defenders shoes... who would you rather face!!

Ferdinand and Bent must start!!!

Ferdinand and Bent, without any doubts at all. Ferdinand was our best player against Saints even though he picked up an injury after 10 mins - and until he got sent off against Villa he was the only bright thing about us there. Bent is better than Dickov, simple as that. Dickov is good for later in the game, when the defenders are tired and won't be able to handle his pace hopefully! :)

has to be bent & ferdinand, with dickov coming on for sir les when the game is more stretched in the closing minutes.

I think we need Dickov to start games. He keeps the opposition on their toes woth his work rate and determination.

Ferdy will be an ideal sub for the last 30 mins of a game when dickov is tired out. I thibk you need Dickov to balance out how lazy Bent is apparently.

bobhazell said:
has to be bent & ferdinand, with dickov coming on for sir les when the game is more stretched in the closing minutes.

I agree; unleash the Dickov-bite later in the game when everyone else is knackered :twisted: .

I went for Ferdinand & Bent but I feel Scowcroft & Bent is worth a go. Give it a try in the ressies see what happens.

Micky obviously wants crosses going into the box from wide, you are better having bent and ferdinand in their to get their heads on it. We also score alot from setpieices... again better having 2 big men in their.

Bent brings height, speed and natural skill to our frontline. Ferdinand brings height, premiership experience, finishing and excellent hold up play
And they have both scored goals at this level! Dickov hasn't, How many games are we willing to give him without goals??

I'm sorry but workrate alone is just not good enough in this division. You need that something extra which is something he is lacking.

The guys goals helped us get promoted and were all thankful for that, but we havn't got enough games to be sentimental.

I belive there is far more potential from the Ferdinand/Bent partnership than any other.

i feel bad now. voted for bent and ferdy........sorry dickov! he is still 1 of my leics heroes but sentiment can only stretch so far you have to be ruthless when premiership survival is concerned!
i just think we can be too predictable up front these days and we need to spice things up a bit.
dickov will run his little legs off all day and ideally id like to play all 3 but i think he will be more effective as a sub than ferdy.
ferdy looked true class against soton and if he plays like that for half a season ill be very happy.
never really seen much of bent but if you lot are getting so excited about him signing then that'll do for me!!!

Sorry for being a bit of a rebel on this one but why can we not have all three on, Bent, Dickov and Ferdinand? If you need more pace later in the game you still have Wright and Benjamin. If you want fresh legs and 10 mins of 'hoof it' you can bring on Deane. Run with four in the midfield including two quick ones on the flanks, ie Gillespie and Scowcroft/Stewart. I feel we should be pushing our lines up more. We seem to play our midfield defensively in front of our defenders instead of them pushing up on our forwards and quickly picking up on half clearances and not allowing their attacks to get started. The best way to defend a two goal lead is to try anf get a third! We must push forward. If we cannot afford the strikers who can guarantee a 100% strike rate on chances, we simply have to create more chances!

Paul Dickov is one of my heroes and an example of what all proffesional footballers should aspire to be. His work rate is tireless and his hard work on the traioning ground is clear for all to see. I do not believe there is any room for sentiment in this game. Did sentiment not get us relagated under Brian Little. Is that not the same thing that sent Watford and West Brom down at the first attempt. We need to pick our best team and the team we feel is going to score us the most ammount of goals. That is the combination of power and pace of Ferdinand and Bent. Als with these two upfront our wing play will be even more affective with two dangers in the box as opposed to just the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757