Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get an old leicester player, like others have mentioned. I'm sick of leicester employing up and coming managers or no hopers on the managerial merry go round. We need someone to give the players a bit of of pride on the pitch. They aren't actually that bad.

My grandmother could have done a better job last night and she's dead. Why the hell did we play 5 wingers again? Six in total I believe! Ok Off topic a bit there.

I'd love to see Grayson taggs and Thompson in. With a possibly a director of football to help out with the contacts, and admin. But I reckon, It would be more likely than that I would start support forest than that would happen. In othe rwords not a chance in hell.

I think Simon Grayson would be absolutely gangsta. Get him in!

I don't care. Couldn't give a toss. Anyone, and they can change all the playing staff so I don't recognise one single player and have no history or passion for the blue shirt. :icon_sad:

I don't care. Couldn't give a toss. Anyone, and they can change all the playing staff so I don't recognise one single player and have no history or passion for the blue shirt. :icon_sad:

I totally see the point you're trying to make MK, but in terms of the actual players we've got more continuity than we have had for about 5 years. Remember how under Adams we had a new squad every season?

Well, now look at people like Hume, Kisnorbo, Stearman, Fryatt. Under Adams we never had anything like that, I'm particularly referring to Hume and Kisnorbo; good players who have been at the club several seasons and will probably continue to do so.

I think if Milan is limited to only those out of work we are in the sh*t!

I don't suppose 'The Special One' needs our sort of challenge or the money at the moment!

I think the manager must be someone hungry and passionate to prove themselves like MA2 was, not like Reid or similar who have previously achieved greatness but not recently been successful.

It is stating the obvious, but they must be a proven manager, not just a great/popular player. They do not need, in my opinion, Prem experience. Milan will worry about a Prem manager when we get there!

We do not need 'ex-City', we have Taggs to beat the 'Be prepared to die to wear the Royal Blue' mantra into them. Walsh knows nothing about being a manager - he has never been one! Has he bothered to get a single coaching badge?
For every Keane and Ince there are probably 20 ex-players who never had a clue about becoming a good manager!

Most importantly they must want to try to win every game, not just not lose games!

I would love it, just love it, if Milan could find a manager who could simply pick the right combination of players and tell the team - 'This is a very simple game, just score more goals than they do'! Sadly there are few KK types around, so I would settle for someone like Grayson for what he has done at Blackpool, not because he is ex-Leicester.

Re: Who should we go for when Megson jumps ship?

Dunno? Like i said i haven't read the thread so far, you really expect me to read through 24 pages? :102:

Page 24??? FFS change your settings, this is page 3 for me.

How do you cope with your posts per page set that low? I'd go insane.

This is the first time i've posted on here...just thought i'd add to the debate.

Personally, my choice would be Tony Adams. I know he didn't have the best of times at Wycombe, but he has great credentials to become a good manager...especially with his recent experience at Pompey. The knowledge he would have taken from Redknapp and Wenger would be priceless, not to mention his leadership qualities. He also has that aura about him that would demand respect and hopefully create a hard-working championship team to fight for the cause

There definitley aren't any unemployed managers that strike me as a genuine candidate

Welcome Pieface! Adams' knowledge and experience is priceless and he would be a great asset to any team, like Taggs is to us in particular. I suppose by 'proven', I meant 'Been a manager for a number of years, and has got a team promoted'!

I do agree in that respect...ideally we need someone who has the track record and knowledge of this division. However, if we failed to find that person, and had to take a relative 'gamble'... Adams would be my man.

For a start...with him in charge, we could perhaps start loaning some quality youngsters which has always frustrated me in the past few years (Birmingham loaning Muamba & Larsson etc)

steve walsh with matt elliott assisstant bring the passion back!

steve walsh with matt elliott assisstant bring the passion back!

Has Walshy got ANY experience of management. The calls for him, great player that he was, to be manager seem to be akin to the, "I got City promoted on Champ manager" arguement.

If it is feasible, Brian Little as DoF with Taggs as manager sounds, to me, to be the dream ticket. This would lead to minimum disruption of the squad, presumably not a great expenditure, and a combination of youth and experience. The big bonus would be that I would expect some loyalty and commitment - two qualities not even on Mr Megson's horizon.

Has Walshy got ANY experience of management. The calls for him, great player that he was, to be manager seem to be akin to the, "I got City promoted on Champ manager" arguement.

If it is feasible, Brian Little as DoF with Taggs as manager sounds, to me, to be the dream ticket. This would lead to minimum disruption of the squad, presumably not a great expenditure, and a combination of youth and experience. The big bonus would be that I would expect some loyalty and commitment - two qualities not even on Mr Megson's horizon.

Apart from the fact this is real life :icon_roll

I agree, why the feck do people keep harking on about Walshy, he can't even be arsed to get his coaching badges, that is how serious he is about taking the job.

Also Taggart didn't play under Little so the link of him as Director of Football with Taggs as manager doesn't really work.

For me there are two solutions :

No 1 : Taggart as manager with an experienced Assistant / D of Football and Lennon as player / coach.

or

No 2 : Little as D of Football, Grayson as manager with Taggs in a backroom role.

MM has said he's looking to appoint someone who's out of work at the moment, or not a current manager at least, so that reduces the pool somewhat.

Mike Newell, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670