Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who should we go for when Megson jumps ship?

If Mandaric is serious about saving this club, IMO a good Manager is where he needs to invest some serious money.

Yeah, but thee point is an experienced, good manager would already be at a club in the top 2 divisions. No one good would want to come here, because they've seen what's happened, the fact Mandarich has parted company with the past 2 managers so easily has not given a good advert for possible managers

Yet again it has been a bloody crazy day in the history of LCFC.

Yet again i retire hoping for better things to come when i awake.

Goodnight all.

No need to read past Ossie Ardiles, just what we need- not so much 7-2-1 as 1-2-7 :-D

Spurs lose at weekend and sack Martin Jol, Milan Mandaric phones Jol and persuades him to become LCFC's 5th manager in 2007.
Would be perfect IMO but will never happen.:icon_bigg

Because the only older managers you will be able to tempt are one's out of work, the only good older and experienced managers are the one's who have already worked there way up to the top 2 divisions. You can get a lot better quality from a young manager because they will be willing to come from a lower division, as they haven't worked themselves up the divisions yet

Cant see MM going for anything but a fan pleaser this time around. He's got to get some support back on side. Grayson, Taggart, Walsh, Little IMO.

Cant see MM going for anything but a fan pleaser this time around. He's got to get some support back on side. Grayson, Taggart, Walsh, Little IMO.

Don't forget Steve Thompson... he's No.2 at blackpool.

Our new manager should be....

Well, judging by the phone in and general consensus on here our new manager should meet the following criteria:

1. Ex Leicester so he knows the passions, expectations etc of the club.
2. Someone who has had managerial experience.
3. Someone who has experience of European football & English football.
4. Someone who has contacts within the game.
5. Someone who is currently successful and has the winning mentality.

Filtering all the names mentioned (& some that have not) through my computer and only one name ticks all the boxes....

You asked for him ladies & gentlemen. Step forward....

DENNIS WISE!

I agree, although i sure hope he doesn't. Taggart or Walsh would be one hell of a risk, Grayson wouldn't be too bad, and i couldn't see Little coming back somehow

Our new manager should be...

Well, judging by the phone in and general consensus on here our new manager should meet the following criteria:

1. Ex Leicester so he knows the passions, expectations etc of the club.
2. Someone who has had managerial experience.
3. Someone who has experience of European football & English football.
4. Someone who has contacts within the game.
5. Someone who is currently successful and has the winning mentality.

Filtering all the names mentioned (& some that have not been mentioned) through my computer and only one name ticks all the boxes....

You asked for him ladies & gentlemen. Step forward....

DENNIS WISE!

I agree, although i sure hope he doesn't. Taggart or Walsh would be one hell of a risk, Grayson wouldn't be too bad, and i couldn't see Little coming back somehow

It would be a risk with Taggart & Walsh but one worth taking as at the moment it cant get any worse and i imagine most fans would be very happy to at least have someone in charge passionate about the club. The reality is that the likes of Jewell aint coming so it's either the fans favourite or Peter Reid.

It would be a risk with Taggart & Walsh but one worth taking as at the moment it cant get any worse and i imagine most fans would be very happy to at least have someone in charge passionate about the club. The reality is that the likes of Jewell aint coming so it's either the fans favourite or Peter Reid.

Yeah, but to come in to a struggling club that you have to change around right away or the chairman's giving you the sack. And we want someone who's never managed before? Fan's favourite as a player or not, i can't see it as a good idea

Like i said, the best option would be to get a young manager who's done really well in the lower divisions, Grayson is a good example of this, but there are quite a few others out there...

Last edited:

Yeah, but to come in to a struggling club that you have to change around right away or the chairman's giving you the sack. And we want someone who's never managed before? Fan's favourite as a player or not, i can't see it as a good idea

Like i said, the best option would be to get a young manager who's done really well in the lower divisions, Grayson is a good example of this, but there are quite a few others out there...

Thats why you get Brian Little in as DOF (and i do think he would be up for the job). I just dont think MM would gamble on another manager from the lower leagues at this point.

I for one would be dissapointed if he goes down that route again.

Well, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then...

Yeah, tbf, i'll support whoever gets in charge and hope they get us moving up the league table

Never let it be said that this club can't ruin a career :icon_lol:

From Melton's list Brian Little stands out. DoF to a younger manager like Grayson or Ince would be a good call I think, but Mandaric will probably go for someone like Dowie or Reid.

Its like bloody mix and match this is.
Colonel Mustard with the spanner in the Library...........no.........Prof plum with the candlestick in the kitchen:icon_roll.

From Melton's list Brian Little stands out. DoF to a younger manager like Grayson or Ince would be a good call I think, but Mandaric will probably go for someone like Dowie or Reid.

I dont see what the big deal is with Dowie. His name keeps coming up but to me he's average at best. If he comes here it will only be cus he's jumping the sinking ship at cov. Cant see his heart being in it TBH, it may be to bigger job for him. And Reid would come yes but he'd just be doing it to get back into football & money, so i dont see the point in him coming either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669