Who will be Pearson's FOURTH signing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who will be Pearsons FIRST signing??

He's got enough feckin' players there to make a decent fist of things - far better than some of the dross he had last time

No need to sign anyone

In other words, Fernandes and Danns?

To be honest I haven't seen much of them yet this season - but I think that they (and others) are OK players - but we already had other OK midfield players and Sven just sort of collected more of the same. I've long thought that Sven is an ineffectual manager who has made a career since he was England coach from getting a lot of money for being ineffective and wasteful.

He'll be getting Chris Weale to sign a contract extension to keep him with us until the end of the 2020-2021 season..........

To be honest I haven't seen much of them yet this season - but I think that they (and others) are OK players - but we already had other OK midfield players and Sven just sort of collected more of the same. I've long thought that Sven is an ineffectual manager who has made a career since he was England coach from getting a lot of money for being ineffective and wasteful.

Yes, I've thought that myself about the signings too. People got excited just because of the sheer number of players we brought in, but that in itself does not mean the team has improved.

Danns is certainly no better than King, Wellens, or Abe so in a way, why was he brought here?

Yes, I've thought that myself about the signings too. People got excited just because of the sheer number of players we brought in, but that in itself does not mean the team has improved.

Danns is certainly no better than King, Wellens, or Abe so in a way, why was he brought here?

Depth. Sven was trying to build a squad, not a first team. I doubt Danns was guarenteed first team football when he moved here.

I'd much rather see him on the bench than Oakley.

Depth. Sven was trying to build a squad, not a first team. I doubt Danns was guarenteed first team football when he moved here.
Whatever the intent - and the impression that he tried to give was that he was going to bring in 'big' names - the outcome is that we have too many players to keep happy; too many central mid fielders etc.

It needs someone strong to sort it out now and there are probably going to have to be some loss making decisions taken. Homer is quite right its more about doing something with the glut of players he has rather than bringing more in. I guess that would be phase 2 and it wont be done in 5 minutes.....this is one of the reasons why it's difficult to anticipate promotion this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Completely agree with Redditch and EA, most of the players who've come in have been no improvement on what we already had, especially in midfield, which we haven't imo improved at all over the summer and is the position that needs addressing most desperately.

His first signing will be a young 18-21 year old winger from a premier league academy, who nobody will know anything about and will turn out to be one of the best players we've had in a while

Ben Marshall...BIG YES! & as I've stated in the 'Pearson Signs' thread,go back to Hull for Robert Koren.Anyone saying our midfield is a problem & isn't any better than what we already had,there's the solution.Fabulous player...& contract up next summer.

Some random Eastern European attacking midfielder who can beat three men and then find the top corner from twenty-five yards or put through Beckford.

I think we weaker up front than last season, not saying thats down to personel but we clearly struggling to score goals regurly.

I cant see pearson bringing in too many due to the fact we already seem to have plenty of players not many of which are on loan either, with vassell out for the rest of the season he will probably be replaced, and there may be a possible attempt to get hobbs back. But I cant see any midfield coming in without any been shifted out first.

The fact that someone who played every game for Japan in the 2010 World Cup was left out of the team against West Ham and Leeds probably suggests our squad is too big already.

As we have plenty of players already, it'll be interesting to see who is the first to leave.

Robbie Brady is on loan at Hull from Man u, very pacy winger who has done very well and scores the odd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566