Who will be Pearson's FOURTH signing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who will be Pearson's FIRST signing??

Looks like Emile Heskey, according toi the Daily Star (and I'm sure being a cornerstone of the English press, they are never wrong...)

Is that a joke? Unless I'm completely looking at the wrong player, he's scored 8 in 39 for Southend?

But six of them in his last six league games.

Looks like Emile Heskey, according toi the Daily Star (and I'm sure being a cornerstone of the English press, they are never wrong...)

The Star are just speculating based on what Heskey said last week - that he might return to Leicester before the end of his career. That doesn't mean a move is imminent.

He would be a great replacement for Super Stevie Howard, when his legs/engine finally gives out. Steve is certainly good for maybe one half but struggles to keep going for 90 mins.

The Star are just speculating based on what Heskey said last week - that he might return to Leicester before the end of his career. That doesn't mean a move is imminent.

And it was clearly an answer to a direct question, most probably "Would you consider playing for Leicester again?", to which he can't very well say no. Wouldn't read anything at all into that.

He would be a great replacement for Super Stevie Howard, when his legs/engine finally gives out. Steve is certainly good for maybe one half but struggles to keep going for 90 mins.

Heskey is only a couple of years younger than Howard and even now he doesn't last 90 minutes either. Nine matches this season and he's only played the full 90 in three of them.

Heskey is only a couple of years younger than Howard and even now he doesn't last 90 minutes either. Nine matches this season and he's only played the full 90 in three of them.

But is Heskey's match time limited for tactical reasons, i.e. better strikers available or to change the game formation, rather than any physical limitations he has?

Heskey is only a couple of years younger than Howard and even now he doesn't last 90 minutes either.

Ha! He did tonight.

Can you tell us that we never score more than five without reply at Fratton now please :icon_bigg

Leicester City have told Rangers they will renew in January the £7.5m offer for Croatia striker Nikica Jelavic rejected in the summer - and this time the cash-strapped Ibrox club could not afford to turn it down. (the Sun)

Why would we go after a target that our previous manager was interested in? Seems like lazy journalism to me.

Pearson not interested as well then?

Has he said anything at all to indicate that? Has the club said publically that they're still interested in signing him? No. Made up bollocks designed to fill a bit of space.

Has he said anything at all to indicate that? Has the club said publically that they're still interested in signing him? No. Made up bollocks designed to fill a bit of space.

Alright, chill Winston! I was just pointing out the fact that Pearson may also be interested. He hasn't mentioned any names, does that mean he isn't looking at or interested in signing anyone?

Alright, chill Winston! I was just pointing out the fact that Pearson may also be interested. He hasn't mentioned any names, does that mean he isn't looking at or interested in signing anyone?

Sorry, wasn't having a go! Although having read that back, it is a little bit curt.

It's just the same with all these papers, Pearson doesn't strike me as the type of manager to go up to a Sun journalist and say 'keep this under your hat, but I'm after Jelavic'.

I think it's more likely that the lazy bastard has thought 'Right, need to fill a bit of space here. Who did Leicester try and sign in the summer? Jelavic? But the manager who tried to sign him's left... ahh **** it, it'll fill a bit of space.'

Sorry, wasn't having a go! Although having read that back, it is a little bit curt.

It's just the same with all these papers, Pearson doesn't strike me as the type of manager to go up to a Sun journalist and say 'keep this under your hat, but I'm after Jelavic'.

I think it's more likely that the lazy bastard has thought 'Right, need to fill a bit of space here. Who did Leicester try and sign in the summer? Jelavic? But the manager who tried to sign him's left... ahh **** it, it'll fill a bit of space.'

No worries.

Maybe, or maybe they have been listening to his voice mails?

No worries.

Maybe, or maybe they have been listening to his voice mails?

If they had, the report would go something along the lines of:

Pearson: You want how much for Fryatt and Hobbs? You can get ****ed!

Can you tell us that we never score more than five without reply at Fratton now please :icon_bigg

:icon_conf; Did I ever make that claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670