Who Will Win The Premier League This Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still be amazed if Liverpool won the league, because I simply don't think Benitez is a good enough manager... obviously Liverpool are doing really well this season, and he's done fantastically well with them in the Champions League.

But, I think he's made far more bad signings than good ones, and he continues to make baffling tactical decisions (usually to do with rotation) which don't work.

So why are they sitting joint top if they are so bad,Benitez so inept and having signed so many duffers ?

So why are they sitting joint top if they are so bad,Benitez so inept and having signed so many duffers ?

As I say, they're doing well, but Benitez's poor decisions mean they won't win it.

Chances are they would still actually be top if he hadn't decided to leave Torres and Keane out against Stoke for example.

As I say, they're doing well, but Benitez's poor decisions mean they won't win it.

Chances are they would still actually be top if he hadn't decided to leave Torres and Keane out against Stoke for example.

Torres wasn't fit but I agree about Keane.I don't think they will win it,hope they do, but will come a lot closer than some think they will.They won't win it because they are short of a Goalscorer.

Torres wasn't fit but I agree about Keane.I don't think they will win it,hope they do, but will come a lot closer than some think they will.They won't win it because they are short of a Goalscorer.

I agree, they're still short a few players of a title winning team, but they will probably finish 2nd. Can't see anyone other than Utd winning the league now though, especially now Berbatov seems to have found some form, and with all these rumblings about Keane (whether they're true or not, likely to be unsettling)

Beyond their first team, Liverpool are still pretty weak I think.

Liverpool still havent won since Rafa did a Keegan. Theyll finish 4th behind Chelsea and Villa imo

Also, what an awesome fixture list this weekend has thrown up in the Prem:

Liverpool vs Chelsea
Villa vs Wigan
Arsenal vs West Ham
Man Utd vs Everton

Thats the top 8 all playing each other

Last edited:
Shit again tonight.

I would like to see Liverpool win it but it ain't gonna happen.

Just as good cheering for Villa now.

Fergies boys again imo.

Still something missing with Liverpool. Some top players, but they dont have enough creativity in the team. As good as he is,too much centres around Gerrard imo.

Liverpool plays for Stven Gerrard FC

I think Villa might start pushing United. There will be some points lost this weekend in the Liverpool Chelsea match one way or another and I reckon that, come Monday, Villa and United will be on their own at the top. That will be a huge incentive for Villa and O'Neill is as good as anybody at using that as motivation.

Still something missing with Liverpool. Some top players, but they dont have enough creativity in the team. As good as he is,too much centres around Gerrard imo.

Agree with that,way too reliant on Gerrard and Torres

I keep expecting Villa to fall away, but the just keep winning. I am certain they will slip up against Wigan this weekend though. Still pretty awesome to see O'Neill/a fellow Midlands side/a team who hasnt spent the millions that the usual top 4 has over the years/a team made up primary of good young, English players doing really well

I'm surprised that the bookies are keeping them at 33/1 tbh. There's not long left now...

Hull's title bid has gone downhill lately.

Only 6pts off the relegation zone now. They need a good result quickly, or else it could be the 3 promoted going back down.

Only 6pts off the relegation zone now. They need a good result quickly, or else it could be the 3 promoted going back down.

I think that it will be now too, had the same conversation with someone today. I think the other teams down there have enough quality in the team that they should be able to pull out results.

When confidence is low, that bit of quality is needed to get a result... for Hull, Stoke and West Brom, the quality isn't really there, and poor form will chip a way at the good spirits at the club that have helped them thus far.

Have West Brom signed anyone this transfer window? They must have some money I would've thought, suprised they've not got a striker in.

Other than the promoted 3, I can see Bolton (now that they've lost Nolan) and Blackburn (if Santa Cruz goes) being the ones sucked in.

I love how close it is this season though... still only 9 points seperating 20th from 9th

Oh, and are Villa really still 33/1? That's quite tempting! Anywhere got odds for them to finish 2nd (or top excluding Man Utd)? I think United will run away with the league a bit now, but I think Villa could definetely take 2nd place

Hull are already doomed IMO, Portsmouth as well. Then its one from either WBA, Stoke or Boro to go down

Have West Brom signed anyone this transfer window? They must have some money I would've thought, suprised they've not got a striker in.

Oh, and are Villa really still 33/1? That's quite tempting! Anywhere got odds for them to finish 2nd (or top excluding Man Utd)? I think United will run away with the league a bit now, but I think Villa could definetely take 2nd place

According to SSN, they were 33/1 on Wednesday motning - see if anyone takes that each way. :icon_wink

West Brom signed some fella called Fortune from Nancy and Simpson from Arsenal on loan as their strikers.

According to SSN, they were 33/1 on Wednesday motning - see if anyone takes that each way. :icon_wink

West Brom signed some fella called Fortune from Nancy and Simpson from Arsenal on loan as their strikers.

Down to 25/1 on Coral... they have odds for without Man Utd and Chelsea, but Villa are only 3.5 on that.

I forgot about Portsmouth, think they're a bit fecked without 'Arry, but still think they'll stay up, but they'll be down there. Tony Adams isn't doing AS badly as I expected him to...
Forgot about Newcastle though, they really do look a bit screwed... Owen out, Barton (wanker) out, and Super Shay surely won't still be their Tuesday morning? Shay is the key to their survival... doomed without him.

Adams is by far the worst manager in the Prem though, if Pompey do stay up this year, theyre utterly fecked next season unless they give him the boot quickly

Adams is by far the worst manager in the Prem though, if Pompey do stay up this year, theyre utterly fecked next season unless they give him the boot quickly

That I agree with, but think they'll just about be okay this season... depends who comes/goes in the next few days though. Lose someone like James, Johnson or Crouch and it will be very touch and go for them.

Having said the promoted 3 look like going down, I realsie just how many teams could still get sucked in quite easily...

It's out of:
West Brom
Stoke
Hull
Bolton
Newcastle
Blackburn
Portsmouth

for me... but then there's 'Boro too!

I had money on Blackburn to go down before the season started, but think I might have already lost it because I combined it with something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669