Who would replace Levein anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
McGhee and Cotterill - I would be interested as to your reasons for not appointing either. Cotterill has done an amazing job at Burnley under difficult financial restaints and he has unearthed some real gems from the lower divisions like O'Connor and Spicer. McGhee has vast experience at this level and done a very good job at Brighton, again in vert difficult circumstances, surely this is a decent grounding for managing a club such as ours.

McGhee has had his chance with us, and he blew it. Never go back and all that. Cotterill...well if people think Levein is dull, 4-5-1 every game doesn't appeal to me. Yes he's done alright at Burnley, but he's also done badly at previous clubs. I don't think either of them are better managers than Levein.

Leigh said:
McGhee has had his chance with us, and he blew it. Never go back and all that. Cotterill...well if people think Levein is dull, 4-5-1 every game doesn't appeal to me. Yes he's done alright at Burnley, but he's also done badly at previous clubs. I don't think either of them are better managers than Levein.

Fair play Leigh, but as regards McGhee unfinished business and as for Cotterill I imagine that he has to play to his teams strengths and so it is dull but at least it is a dull brand of football that gets results ! Also maybe given a more talented squad and better resources Cotterill may well try to play attacking football.

Mcghee has stated that he regrets the way he left city and so might want a chance to put things right. However, we still have a manager and so we are not on the look out for a new one :icon_roll

Interesting how McGhee is almost off he hook in many fans' eyes. I actually agree, and if CL were to go, I think.... our future's Marked out!

To be fair, I honestly can't remember us playing better football than when McGhee was in charge. Does anyone remember the home game against Portsmouth? Champagne fooball! :icon_eek: :icon_cool

DesertFox said:
Interesting how McGhee is almost off he hook in many fans' eyes. I actually agree, and if CL were to go, I think.... our future's Marked out!

To be fair, I honestly can't remember us playing better football than when McGhee was in charge. Does anyone remember the home game against Portsmouth? Champagne fooball! :icon_eek: :icon_cool

Time is a great healer, and I think McGhee has shown great humility to admit that what he did was wrong and that he let a lot of good people down and that he bitterly regrets his actions, this doesnt make it ok but it at least has gone a long way to repairing some bridges, also the guy is a decent manager and given the squad we currently have available would no doubt getting us playing some decent attractive football.

I agree that we do already have a manager, but whilst doubts remain to how long he has left in charge and as to whether he can turn it around then there is no harm in discussing potential replacements. After all it is a forum.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
there is no harm in discussing potential replacements. After all it is a forum.

I wish I could do that with some of the feckers I employ at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00