Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other...Please state.

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's a difference between having "no worries" and saying it might not happen. I certainly wouldn't say I have no worries over the situation.

And it doesn't matter when they leave, they will leave eventually and I want my club in a stable financial position when they do. This football club should never be short sighted or look in a short termist view when it comes to finances, especially after what we suffered a decade ago.

Last edited:
This subject was done to death and exhausted months ago when they took over. What's the point in continually rehashing it?

It's much more of a concern now that things are going nothing like planned, and we have spent more than most people expected. The latter point may be a good sign, or (and more likely), if it's leveraged against the club through loan notes and share capital then we could well be up shit creek if we fail to ultimately get promoted to the PL.

But who cares?!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We didn't end up with shite like that and there is no reason whatsoever to think these guys are going anywhere. It's a very glass tipped over and spilt everywhere type of view regarding the owners at the minute.

It's a complete unknown at the moment, and that's why some people are concerned.

Not necessarily. People made the argument against Mandaric that if he got bored we'd be at risk. As long as the owners find someone to take over, the loans are not a problem. In the current climate of even small clubs being bought out, I have no real worries that they wouldn't.

There's a point where the debt becomes too much, then the bank starts asking questions ala Liverpool. The debt was previously manageable to a point where Mandaric could say 'promotion would see us pay it off'. If we continue at the rate we are, questions will be asked and you do realise that Mandaric's spell are still scarring the books and will be for a long while.

The foundations the King Power business is built on are not particular clear. Its in the balance to see whether they are 'good' or bad. Considering Thailiand's problems...interesting six months to their business.

There's a point where the debt becomes too much, then the bank starts asking questions ala Liverpool. The debt was previously manageable to a point where Mandaric could say 'promotion would see us pay it off'. If we continue at the rate we are, questions will be asked and you do realise that Mandaric's spell are still scarring the books and will be for a long while.

The foundations the King Power business is built on are not particular clear. Its in the balance to see whether they are 'good' or bad. Considering Thailiand's problems...interesting six months to their business.

I agree with what you and Prof are saying, but I guess my point of view is that no football club is owned by a man putting in money like Martin George used to, they are all owned by relatively faceless corporations in similar situations to ours. I am honestly so disenchanted after the Sven saga that I'm still not sure if I'll bother going down to the Leeds match, I just couldn't care less at the minute about it all.

In an ideal world every club's chairman would be like Steve Gibson.

Bottom line is they can be worth tons of money. As along as the money is 'loaned' against the club (as said by them in an early interview), we are in shitty street.

Not even that - the sheer excess of the salaries being paid out now means that the club can not support them based on ticket revenue alone.

Not even that - the sheer excess of the salaries being paid out now means that the club can not support them based on ticket revenue alone.

I'd guess our average attendance this season is around 20k, at £30 a ticket that's £600,000 a week. I doubt we are paying anywhere near that in salaries.

No it's not. It's £600,000 for 23 out of the 52 weeks of the year. I doubt that anywhere near covers the salaries.

I'd guess our average attendance this season is around 20k, at £30 a ticket that's £600,000 a week. I doubt we are paying anywhere near that in salaries.

We don't play a home game every week.

More than half the people in the ground have a season ticket, which will cost them less than £20 a match.
Some of them are kids who don't pay, or pay much less.

Of those who buy a ticket for the match, the average price will be less than £30.

Two years ago (with an average attendance of 24,000), gate receipts totalled £5.7 million. That's about £110,000 a week. Not £600,000. Attendances are down but ticket prices are up, so the total ticket income at the moment is likely to be similar.

I'm sure we are paying a lot more than that in salaries.

Source: http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2308271,00.html

What they said.

Plus the fact that our salary levels were unsustainable in 2008 and we weren't in the top half of salaries in this division. We now have the largest salary burden in the division according to media sources - so unless the money fairies are popping by frequently we simply can not afford it.

Having heard on the moan-in, the BBC Leeds reporter who covers Huddersfield games extolling the qualities of Lee Clarke, I now reckon he would be an excellent manager for us. Regardless of whether he comes along with Keegan or not.

What does a director of football do anyway?

I agree with what you and Prof are saying, but I guess my point of view is that no football club is owned by a man putting in money like Martin George used to, they are all owned by relatively faceless corporations in similar situations to ours.

Disagree. I have just looked at the Premiership table of the ten clubs I'd say we are comparable (or lesser) to in terms of size, just three have foreign owners and two of those have figure heads at the front which own either businesses based in this country or worldwide.

Of the other seven, Stoke (Peter Coates), Wolves (Steve Morgan) and Wigan (David Whelan) all have a British businessman who've either made money successfully in this country and choose not to hide within a consortium.

Within the other four, you have Norwich, West Brom and Bolton. All appear well run despite Phil Gardside's verbal diarrhoea from time to time (that said he's a successful businessman whose a life-long Bolton fan).

Eventually to top it off, you have Swansea who even have fan representitives on their board.

A third of the Championship clubs have nameless corporations however. Interestingly just one of those is in the top six.
That said we still have Madejski at Reading, Ryan at Doncaster, Oyston at Blackpool, Kilby at Burnley, Evans at Ipswich, Doughty at Forest, Bloom at Brighton, Gibson at Middlesbrough, Landsdown at Bristol and fair few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566