• Karl Robinson

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other...Please state.

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. That's profit.

Ah, sorry, I'm not the most business minded as I said.

Surely profit is what we must be looking at though and turnover is a pretty useless figure in this case unless you know the expenditure as well?

No!

All I'm concerned about is getting a good manager who will get us into the premier league. If he keeps us there, great. If he doesn't look as if he can keep us there we'll get one who will.

All this navel gazing about money is a complete waste of cerebral activity. The owners have more money than anyone who has ever been in charge of our club. Let's just let them get on with being successful.

Top and his dad come across as fans just like us. The only difference is that they have more money.

What a tedious argument.

No!

All I'm concerned about is getting a good manager who will get us into the premier league. If he keeps us there, great. If he doesn't look as if he can keep us there we'll get one who will.

All this navel gazing about money is a complete waste of cerebral activity. The owners have more money than anyone who has ever been in charge of our club. Let's just let them get on with being successful.

Top and his dad come across as fans just like us. The only difference is that they have more money.

What a tedious argument.

And what a ignorant stance to take to not look at where this club is going to be in 5 years.

It's stupidly short-sighted to not question the owners motives given that very few clubs can be run at a break-even level; let alone running a deficit to the extent that we are currently. If they are genuinely interested in building on the good foundations that this club has and taking us back to the top level then great, but they could just as easily use us as a toy for 2 years and then sell us to the next lunatic.

Part of trying to understand their intentions is trying to grasp the level of wealth that they have or have access to. How else can we begin to understand whether they will continue to throw cash at the club, let alone if we will continue as a going concern.

Why don't you go back to your hole and just check for the results in the paper each week. There's no point in discussion.

Actually, in this context, the answer is and always will be 'yes'. 'No' may well be the answer to the same query in some other conversation, but not this one.

Not meaning to be a cnut, but it could be 'no' or 'maybe'. Profit might mean **** all in the grand scheme of things, if it has all arisen from areas that they don't have access to. It's is a good start in regards to their wealth, but the cash flows would possibly be more helpful in this context. And if it isn't the top company or consolidated results, then the profits could be intercompany which may mean they are of no benefit to our Thai overlords.

But 'yes'; it is the best we seem to have any sort of access to.

Back to who should be the next manager, the obsession of some people demanding previous experience of promotion in this division seems a little unreasonable. Here's a list of managers over the past five years who have been promoted from the Championship, and whether they had previous experience of promotion from the division.

2011: Warnock: yes (with Sheff Utd). Lambert, Rodgers: no.
2010: Hughton, Di Matteo, Holloway: no.
2009: McCarthy: yes (with Sunderland). Warnock, McLeish: no.
2008: Mowbray, Pulis, Brown: no.
2007: Keane, Bruce, Davies: no.

That's two out of 15, or 13.33%.

So, what can we learn from this? Obviously it has to be Billy Davies, he's got experience and pashun! :icon_roll

Back to who should be the next manager, the obsession of some people demanding previous experience of promotion in this division seems a little unreasonable. Here's a list of managers over the past five years who have been promoted from the Championship, and whether they had previous experience of promotion from the division.

2011: Warnock: yes (with Sheff Utd). Lambert, Rodgers: no.
2010: Hughton, Di Matteo, Holloway: no.
2009: McCarthy: yes (with Sunderland). Warnock, McLeish: no.
2008: Mowbray, Pulis, Brown: no.
2007: Keane, Bruce, Davies: no.

That's two out of 15, or 13.33%.

So, what can we learn from this? Obviously it has to be Billy Davies, he's got experience and pashun! :icon_roll

I like the fact that people who moaned about Sven's lack of experience in knowing this division seem to be happy with Clark (no experience) and O'Neill (last experience 11 years ago).

Like us?

Yes, I live the other side of the world and having spent my life involved with polo suddenly decided to get into football too, despite having no knowledge of it.

I picked Leicester because I was born here. I have **** all idea why they picked this club from any other they could have bought.

If they were fans like me they'd be concerned about the club being able to cope once their money goes away - and it will.

The club is unsustainable on its current footing. This should concern you. It should be of concern to all fans.

I get the feeling that people like you don't care because they think we can just pop into admin and start over again - and the journey will have been worth it. You are wrong: This isn't a football club at the moment - its a rich bloke's plaything. There's a bag of coffee on the counter, go smell it. This club has no soul.

Part of trying to understand their intentions is trying to grasp the level of wealth that they have or have access to. How else can we begin to understand whether they will continue to throw cash at the club, let alone if we will continue as a going concern.

This subject was done to death and exhausted months ago when they took over. What's the point in continually rehashing it?

Bottom line is they can be worth tons of money. As along as the money is 'loaned' against the club (as said by them in an early interview), we are in shitty street.

Not necessarily. People made the argument against Mandaric that if he got bored we'd be at risk. As long as the owners find someone to take over, the loans are not a problem. In the current climate of even small clubs being bought out, I have no real worries that they wouldn't.

Depends who they sell too though. Mandaric whored us out and I don't doubt he would have been more than prepared to sell to anyone. Do we not remember the Portsmouth situation?

Depends who they sell too though. Mandaric whored us out and I don't doubt he would have been more than prepared to sell to anyone. Do we not remember the Portsmouth situation?

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We didn't end up with shite like that and there is no reason whatsoever to think these guys are going anywhere. It's a very glass tipped over and spilt everywhere type of view regarding the owners at the minute.

But he did do it at Portsmouth, which shows he was capable of it, so it seems strange citing Mandaric as an example to show that you have no worries that the club wouldn't the proverbial shit creek when they leave.

But he did do it at Portsmouth, which shows he was capable of it, so it seems strange citing Mandaric as an example to show that you have no worries that the club wouldn't the proverbial shit creek when they leave.

Then you may as well cite the fact that he didn't here, which is more relevant. Even so, what evidence is there to indicate that moving on from us is anywhere near on the cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566