Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other...Please state.

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note that Pearson didn't rule it out when asked in the Forest/ Hull post match interview with one of their local sports reporters. Said it's the first he's heard of it, currently things he's doing a good job at Hull etc but wouldn't rule it out even when pressed for a specific yes or no answer. Still would like MO'N or Davies myself.

Aslong as it's not some perennial **** up like Strachan or Dowie....

Last edited:
The owners may have no choice other than to take the longer term view.

They do though, that's the problem. They can sack the manager if he doesn't get us up this season and we'll be back to square one again.

Whoever the manager is, the last thing they need is the pressure of being told they must make the play-offs this season or whatever. We need to give the manager 2 full seasons + the rest of this season at the least imo.

They do though, that's the problem. They can sack the manager if he doesn't get us up this season and we'll be back to square one again.

Whoever the manager is, the last thing they need is the pressure of being told they must make the play-offs this season or whatever. We need to give the manager 2 full seasons + the rest of this season at the least imo.

But unfortunatley whoever comes here must get us up this season. Thats what the bosses want

Interesting to note that Pearson didn't rule it out when asked in the Forest/ Hull post match interview with one of their local sports reporters. Said it's the first he's heard of it, currently things he's doing a good job at Hull etc but wouldn't rule it out even when pressed for a specific yes or no answer. Still would like MO'N or Davies myself.

Aslong as it's not some perennial **** up like Strachan or Dowie....
Where did you get this from, please?

I'm still feeling very uninspired by it all and still don't really know who I want.

All of the names mentioned, I feel either they wouldn't come or am just not convinced they'd do the job... particularly if that job is get us up this year or you're out and we start looking again.

I'm just frustrated at the minute and am fed up with our constant managerial changes.

I'd love Pearson back but really can't see it happening. I doubt he'd want to come back, and it would also be a bit embarrassing for the owners if they were to bring him back after they were so quick to get him out when they came into the club.

I've got a headache thinking about this poll, for some reason, and I don't have a clue why, I think it will be a foreign manager. I'm probably hopelessly wrong but something is niggling away at me. There have been so many names bandied about its all very messy, and I wonder if all these names are nothing more than a smokescreen. Who is it I don't know but I wish the Club would get on with and make an appointment whoever it is.

Thanks. I know I'm being sentimental, especially given the situation we're in, but that's just reminded how much I enjoyed following Leicester when he was here.

EDIT: I'm surprised at how evasive he is in the interview. I would have thought he'd take the oppurtunity to get the Hull fans on his side by ruling it out, especially after a win - he's definitely not.

Last edited:
But unfortunatley whoever comes here must get us up this season. Thats what the bosses want

Exactly! Which is why the owners do have the choice to take the shorter term view and everything we've seen from the owners so far leads me to think they will take the choice to take the shorter term view and it could well end up seriously damaging the club.

Thank jebus, I thought it was just me.

I thought it was just me too. I'm very relieved at Homer's post.

Surely the last thing Kevin Keegan did was manage Newcastle where it all ended in tears. When was the last time he managed in the second tier of English football. Wouldn't it be safer to get someone who is more in touch with what's required to get promoted from the Championsip?

I'm just frustrated at the minute and am fed up with our constant managerial changes.

Aren't we all? I think everyone just wants to see a long term appointment for the club, I'm sick of a decade of manager changes, I thought we did have a long term appointment when Pearson was here and then he was let go.

The problem is, the owners seem to only be taking an incredibly short term (and naive) view of things.

I thought it was just me too. I'm very relieved at Homer's post.

Surely the last thing Kevin Keegan did was manage Newcastle where it all ended in tears. When was the last time he managed in the second tier of English football. Wouldn't it be safer to get someone who is more in touch with what's required to get promoted from the Championsip?

It ended in tears because of Mike Ashley, not because of his managerial skills. It took him a little while to get going but his side were really picking up results and I remember everything saying he'd turned them around just before he left.

Exactly! Which is why the owners do have the choice to take the shorter term view and everything we've seen from the owners so far leads me to think they will take the choice to take the shorter term view and it could well end up seriously damaging the club.
This is starting to give me more concerns now, as well.
The longer it drags on, get's me wondering that the stipulation of getting us up this season is a major stumbling block to their chosen targets.
Either there has to be a compromise, or it is going to get messy at the end of the season.
After all, are we really that much further on than where we were 12 months ago when Sven came onboard.

This is starting to give me more concerns now, as well.
The longer it drags on, get's me wondering that the stipulation of getting us up this season is a major stumbling block to their chosen targets.
Either there has to be a compromise, or it is going to get messy at the end of the season.
After all, are we really that much further on than where we were 12 months ago when Sven came onboard.

they may not have spoken to their preferred targets yet

No one has still fully answered the question why they are spending all this money when our owner is worth only around £120mil and no more than Mandaric's was.

Now, I'm not the most business minded so correct me if I'm wrong, but people say that's because that's his personal wealth and King Power is worth more, but no one has actually come up with any figures to what KP is worth and regardless, KP doesn't seem to be listed on any stock exchange or listed as a PLC, so surely if they are the sole owners of the company then how much his net worth is is the worth plus any other assets, which means KP is worth even less than £120mil?

I may be wrong (and sincerely hope I am for our sake) but it really doesn't seem to me that our owners are rich enough to be doing what they're doing. Only thing it seems like is that they're loaning us the money and then will take everything from the club when they want it back.

Why do I have the nagging sense of deja vu with regards to our spending circa. 2000?

Last edited:
No one has still fully answered the question why they are spending all this money when our owner is worth only around £120mil and no more than Mandaric's was.

Now, I'm not the most business minded so correct me if I'm wrong, but people say that's because that's his personal wealth and King Power is worth more, but no one has actually come up with any figures to what KP is worth and regardless, KP doesn't seem to be listed on any stock exchange or listed as a PLC, so surely if they are the sole owners of the company then how much his net worth is is the worth plus any other assets, which means KP is worth even less than £120mil?

I may be wrong (and sincerely hope I am for our sake) but it really doesn't seem to me that our owners are rich enough to be doing what they're doing. Only thing it seems like is that they're loaning us the money and then will take everything from the club when they want it back.

Why do I have the nagging sense of deja vu with regards to our spending circa. 2000?

Mandy has never been worth anything like 120 million quid and king power aren't bank rolling city.

You have just articulated my fears about these men perfectly. I know sod all about business so I'd be more than happy (and bloody relieved) to be shown to be wrong on this, but I really don't see how this doesn't end in tears. Their short-termist approach also worries me, becasue it suggests to me that they expect quick success on the back of their spending.

We all know that football doesn't work like that. In a couple of years time if we are still in this league then they will realise it too. Perhaps that's when they come to see that English football didn't represent the money making opportunity they had envisaged, before buggering off and leaving us in the muck.

Last edited:
Has it ever been clarified who exactly is in the Asia Football Investments Consortium. I assume that King Power on their own hardly qualify as a consortium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669