Who would you play in place of Howard?

Who should play since Howard is suspended?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that you see Hayles as the 'big man', considering he's two or three inches shorter than Fryatt.

Howard 6'3", Fryatt 5'10", Hayles 5'9", Chambers 5'10", Dickov 5'6".

Hayles is one inch shorter but he is a lot harder than Fryatt and knows how to put it about in and around the box! Hayles for me every time. If he is fit, Dickov on the bench. Save Chambers for the run-in when promotion is certain.

i say Barry H deserves a chance but i agree with rosso..why can't we recall DJ?what's the deal with him?

Why do you suppose DJ is out on loan and not on the bench instead of Dickov or Chambers? (I suspect it is not about saving some wages)

What makes you think, even if we did recall him, he would 'perform' for us?

Not sure if Bassa can last full 90 minutes, but he's earned a starting place.
Have young ashley to get the last 20 from the bench.

Dickov can ****ov imo.

What has Hayles done to deserve a starting place? I still find it hard to believe this season the positive reaction he has got from certain sections of the fans, despite doing nothing since last season, when he was roundly booed and hated by the same section of fans.

That spanish chappie playing for pool

mike stringfellow !! got the winner against charlton in '71 that guaranteed promotion:icon_wink

What has Hayles done to deserve a starting place? I still find it hard to believe this season the positive reaction he has got from certain sections of the fans, despite doing nothing since last season, when he was roundly booed and hated by the same section of fans.

In his defense he's hardly had the chance to do anything this season. I would definitely start with Hayles and Fryatt up-front.

What has Hayles done to deserve a starting place?

Tried whenever he's had the chance. But deary me, he's a comedy football. Hilarious to watch. Took on two players on Saturday, brilliant player and then squared to a 'Wall player. Pearson loved it.....:icon_lol:

Dickov will not be the same player. His injury this season finished him off.

Strangely enough, I can't see why the feeling's against him are so strong.

I certainly didn't boo or hate him last season, and this season he has shown more than willing when given a runout, not like PD who, for some the sun shines out of his arse.

Hey, it's about opinions.............

I cheered him last season and this. A no-nonsense professional who always gives of his best. And as for an occasional missed pass, how many open goals has Fryatt missed that could have turned a draw into a win?

A no-nonsense professional who always gives of his best.

Indeed. Roundly booed, farmed out on loan, approaching retirement - there's plenty of players who'd have given us the finger. The more he plays, the more I appreciate his commitment and love of the game. Plus, he does still have some skill and goalscorers' luck.

I don't believe either Hayles or Dickov offer a viable alternative. My option against Colchester would be to play Fryatt up front with Gradel playing a free role just behind him and retain the midfield of Cleverly, Oakley, King and Dyer.

As for the Peterborough game I wouldn't want to start to try and select a side until a decision has regarding international call ups have been finalised.

Wheres Ricky Sappleton? No youngsters of similar style?
Without Howard at Scunny worked ok but it will be different in home game. Id go for Baz for Colchester Chambers for Pboro (although im hoping the match can be cancelled)

The only big striker on the books apart from Howard is Sappleton. The fact that he is not being seriously considered for a Third Division game makes me wonder why he is being paid. Craig King came on for Howard in a cup game earlier in the season perhaps he might be an answer. Has any one seen Billy Mckee or any of the other youngsters.

I really do not want to see Hayles again. I feel even more strongly about Dickov. I thought he and Dean were a superb partnership the season we got promotion to the Premiership and I hate seeing him in decline.

I cant see what people see in Hayles.He is rubbish. I have had a season ticket for 4 years now and sice he joined and i havent seen a worse forward.Player.Apart from super Momo Sylla.I also hate to see Dickov in decline however he has passed it a bit now.

Last edited:
I don't believe either Hayles or Dickov offer a viable alternative. My option against Colchester would be to play Fryatt up front with Gradel playing a free role just behind him and retain the midfield of Cleverly, Oakley, King and Dyer.

As for the Peterborough game I wouldn't want to start to try and select a side until a decision has regarding international call ups have been finalised.

I would rather have Gradel on the wing, Dyer in the stands and Chambers playing off Fryatt.

I would rather have Gradel on the wing, Dyer in the stands and Chambers playing off Fryatt.

Not quite sure how he is supposed to play 'off' someone who can't actually head the ball or trap it very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669