Who's going to Charlton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without putting words into Fitz's mouth, I can recommend The Prince Albert - see the Charlton away thread.

are you suggesting i am stalking you? i do have a bloody list you know!

i will probably be going for a prince albert though, if i can still walk i will go for a pint in the prince albert.

If you are going, please note the advice received from Charlton fans & avoid suffering a more expensive day

http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=320&Itemid=2

Let's get this straight. You want people to avoid extra expense - and then you send them on a journey that takes them over the QE2 bridge (£1 each way) and into Kent before heading towards London - an extra 30 miles to drive and an extra hour to drive it - and also risking congestion at the bridge! You really don't know what you are doing, do you?

The sensible route is to come off the M25 at J27, then to follow the M11 and A12 through the Blackwall Tunnel (FREE), then take the second exit off the A102(M) after coming out of the tunnel.

MM must be really pleased to have you on his advisory committee.

Let's get this straight. You want people to avoid extra expense - and then you send them on a journey that takes them over the QE2 bridge (£1 each way) and into Kent before heading towards London - an extra 30 miles to drive and an extra hour to drive it - and also risking congestion at the bridge! You really don't know what you are doing, do you?

The sensible route is to come off the M25 at J27, then to follow the M11 and A12 through the Blackwall Tunnel (FREE), then take the second exit off the A102(M) after coming out of the tunnel.

:081::081::081::038::038: love your work bob

i used to live in north greenwich and this is definitely the route to take

Surely you didn't expect any better?

we definitely don't need to put 2 target men like DeVries or Cort up against McCarthy at the weekend. He loves an aerial duel, what he hates is pace. so we should play Hume and Ferreira on the wings and Campbell up front with Fryatt playing him in. Kaebi should make the bench and be introduced should we need a bit more impact.
Centre mid - Kisha playing against his old buddies would be a masterstroke - he'll be seriously up for it, although longer term you might want to look at Andy King? or Ferreira at the point of a diamond with Clemence sat behind him. Depends on how up for it Ferreira looks in his first competitive start.

Either way, i fancy us against Charlton

Hi all. Am planning to go but havent got tickets yet. I'm in London but if i bought tickets from the ticket office over the phone I wouldnt receive them by Saturday.

I've been told I can buy them at the away stand on Saturday - is anyone else doing this? How early would you suggest I would have to be there?

i dont expect our capacity to sell out. im getting tickets on the door about 2:00.

i dont expect our capacity to sell out. im getting tickets on the door about 2:00.

You might wish to rethink. They only had 200 tickets left earlier this morning, and it's quite common for people to buy late (those who get paid weekly on a friday etc) ... I would think there will be as little as only 75-100 tickets available on the day.

It is possible to order your ticket from Leicester and collect it on the day of the game from Charlton's ticket office. I strongly suggest those who are thinking of getting a ticket on the day of the game to do this, to avoid disappointment.

It is possible to order your ticket from Leicester and collect it on the day of the game from Charlton's ticket office. I strongly suggest those who are thinking of getting a ticket on the day of the game to do this, to avoid disappointment.

Are you sure this can be done? I just got the following reply from the ticket office when mailing them about availability

LCFC Ticket Office said:
Thank you for your email.

You can but tickets for Charlton on Saturday at the Away Ticket Office, where 500 will be available.

Tickets will not reach you by Saturday if posted today.

We apologise for the wait in reply, as we are very busy for the Aston Villa away game at this present time.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Are you sure this can be done? I just got the following reply from the ticket office when mailing them about availability

Thank you for your email.

You can but tickets for Charlton on Saturday at the Away Ticket Office, where 500 will be available.

Tickets will not reach you by Saturday if posted today.

We apologise for the wait in reply, as we are very busy for the Aston Villa away game at this present time.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

In that case you should be fine. It looks like Charlton have kept a seperate allocation to one side for on the day sales.

This exact information you have received hasn't been publicised, so once again the fans are kept in the dark.

Well done LCFC :098:

In that case you should be fine. It looks like Charlton have kept a seperate allocation to one side for on the day sales.

This exact information you have received hasn't been publicised, so once again the fans are kept in the dark.

Well done LCFC :098:

indeed - i just rang Charlton ticket office and they confirmed they will have tickets available on the day too.

They dont allow people to buy tickets for the south (away) stand over the web, so can only assume they provide an allocation to the away team and open up the rest for sale on the day itself. If this is the case, there should be around 1400 tickets available on the day

we definitely don't need to put 2 target men like DeVries or Cort up against McCarthy at the weekend. He loves an aerial duel, what he hates is pace. so we should play Hume and Ferreira on the wings and Campbell up front with Fryatt playing him in. Kaebi should make the bench and be introduced should we need a bit more impact.
Centre mid - Kisha playing against his old buddies would be a masterstroke - he'll be seriously up for it, although longer term you might want to look at Andy King? or Ferreira at the point of a diamond with Clemence sat behind him. Depends on how up for it Ferreira looks in his first competitive start.

Either way, i fancy us against Charlton

I live near Charlton and play football with a lot of Charlton fans - they reckon that McCarthy has been dropped for Fortune cos he was crap at the start of the season.

They were quite excited about the return of Kish (who is guaranteed a starting place as Weso is out) - seems he was pretty popular at the Valley.

They were quite excited about the return of Kish (who is guaranteed a starting place as Weso is out) - seems he was pretty popular at the Valley.

I would suggest he needs to do a bit more before he can be looked upon in the same way here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669