Who's Holloway Told To Pack Their Bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

According to this article, Holloway's told a few of the players to pack up and find new clubs, wonder who it could be...?

Holloway tells players to move on

Leicester City boss Ian Holloway has told members of his squad they are no longer wanted and should look to move on to other clubs.
The Foxes' manager has grown frustrated with some players since taking over at the Walkers Stadium in November.

Holloway told BBC Radio Leicester: "There'll be some who won't be here for Christmas, I'll be sending them home.

"Their agents will be told to try and get something for January. I think that's the easiest thing I can do."

Holloway added: "I've already brought one or two trialists in who have lifted the group because they're hungry, they want to play, they want a chance and they're already showing that."

he could pull the names out of a hat

According to this article, Holloway's told a few of the players to pack up and find new clubs, wonder who it could be...?

I'm afraid this is just Holloway posturing.

He can send them home - to Timbucktoo or the Man in the Moon. It makes no difference whatsoever. They are on contracts - no one else will take them for anything like their wages; their agents know this.

This is Holloway just saying things because he thinks it will please us - the fans. The next thing we shall hear is when we get a few more injuries is that they are going to be given a second chance. So it's in his and everyone's interests that they are as fit and ready as possible. I suspect that the grain of truth in all this is that some of the most rubbish of the general rubbish have been told that they are not in the provisional squad for the holiday season games so they might as well stuff themselves with Turkey.

None of this is Holloway's fault - but I'm sorry he feels it's necessary to remind us what prats he thinks the fans are to buy this nonsense.

Ian Holloway said:
I've already brought one or two trialists in who have lifted the group because they're hungry
Great, that'll be fcuking Alan Rogers and Kevin Pressman then :icon_roll

I understand Newton is the 'highest profile' player who will be sent packing and Kaebi will be leaving as well.
As for your comments Redditch Fox, I agree to a point but if these players are as much of a disruptive, negative influence as we are led to believe, maybe it's a good idea whether we are still paying them or not. At least it means they won't be around the place.

I understand Newton is the 'highest profile' player who will be sent packing and Kaebi will be leaving as well.
As for your comments Redditch Fox, I agree to a point but if these players are as much of a disruptive, negative influence as we are led to believe, maybe it's a good idea whether we are still paying them or not. At least it means they won't be around the place.

Agree with that 100%.

I'm afraid this is just Holloway posturing.

He can send them home - to Timbucktoo or the Man in the Moon. It makes no difference whatsoever. They are on contracts - no one else will take them for anything like their wages; their agents know this.

This is Holloway just saying things because he thinks it will please us - the fans. The next thing we shall hear is when we get a few more injuries is that they are going to be given a second chance. So it's in his and everyone's interests that they are as fit and ready as possible. I suspect that the grain of truth in all this is that some of the most rubbish of the general rubbish have been told that they are not in the provisional squad for the holiday season games so they might as well stuff themselves with Turkey.

None of this is Holloway's fault - but I'm sorry he feels it's necessary to remind us what prats he thinks the fans are to buy this nonsense.

All the guy is trying to do is create a better atmosphere around the squad.

If you have a squad of 20 with 9 not starting on a saturday, it's much better than having 38 and 27 not starting.

Imagine 27 players turning up for training on the monday after a game knowing they aren't first choice. What will the general vibe be? The majority are p*ssed off and like all things in life it's hard to fight the majority, especially when they have become so cynical and negative, sadly this is starting to apply to the fans as well.

There are rumours from an 'insider' on the Foxes Talk board that Holloway will listen to offers for all but FOUR players, one of whom isn't ours anyway (Fulop i guess)
If this is true then it's a massive gamble. I know our squad isn't up to much but there are more than four worthy players.

All the guy is trying to do is create a better atmosphere around the squad.

If you have a squad of 20 with 9 not starting on a saturday, it's much better than having 38 and 27 not starting.

Imagine 27 players turning up for training on the monday after a game knowing they aren't first choice. What will the general vibe be? The majority are p*ssed off and like all things in life it's hard to fight the majority, especially when they have become so cynical and negative, sadly this is starting to apply to the fans as well.

I agree with all that.

Except that there is a tendency for such players to be suddenly dug up again a few matches down the track.

Yes - I understand that one of Holloway's inherited problems is that he has a biggish sqaud for this division - but paradoxically rather few players who he can actually pick because the squad had one layer of rubbish in place before this season followed by a second layer from the reign of Allen (tho' not necessarily down to Allen).

And yes I have become a bit cynical & negative and I am nowwaiting for something to make me be positive and optimistic....perhaps a win at the Wolves might help?

Half of these were due to go at the start of this season yet are still here, why should they go if some dumbo has given a good contract (particularly if they've got a family)! This is just mere posturing by the increasingly annoying little Ollie to try and ingraciate himself with the fans. Sorry Ollie, we've heard it all before son, your not even very good at it! Just shut up and get on with your job and let us know when someone has actually moved on. If I was an employee and a manager wanted me to go, I don't think I'd think much of him for telling the world about such a private matter just for his own reasons of trying to be popular, in fact, if I was on good money and on a good contract, I might just stay to be a thorn in his side.

I thought he said something a while back like the players needed to 'feel loved'. Well although some of them are completely talentless admittedly, his motivational tactics don't appear to have worked thus far. He's not been loyal to the players or the fans so far, he's been acting like a big tart keep changing his mind.

Happy Christmas everyone anyway!!

There are rumours from an 'insider' on the Foxes Talk board that Holloway will listen to offers for all but FOUR players, one of whom isn't ours anyway (Fulop i guess)
If this is true then it's a massive gamble. I know our squad isn't up to much but there are more than four worthy players.
Sounds ****ing brilliant to me!

Four players? I'd struggle to name them!

Fulop obviously
Kisnorbo?
Mattock?
Weso?
Chambers?

Don't know who other than the youth..

To be honest...I'd be tempted to part with any of them. Each and every one is part of the least successful period in the club's history.

Not one of them would be part of a successful premiership club, as evidenced by the fact that we haven't sold a player to a successful Premiership club in ages. In fact, the last time I remember us selling a player to a prem team was Williams, and they got relegated.

Throw the babies out with the bathwater...

they will form the new 'spine' of our team
Aye, I can just see it now;

Reeve_Christopher.jpg

OK Melts, what is the other 'c' in your current sig for?

CCotY 2007

Depends which "C" you are referring to in the first place :102:

Well I've got the **** of the year bit so what is the other 'c' for?

Cocky?
Chirpy?
Cheeky?

or ******* **** of the year :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687