worley
chambers
porter
wesolwski
king
bell
fryatt
campbell

I'd agree with most of that (except i don't think that stearman will go to villa, but he will leave) except...

kisnorbo-won't go until january because of his injury
clapham-only on loan i think so will probably go
mcauley-will go to a championship team
campbell-will almost definitely go

clapham-only on loan i think so will probably go

i would piss my pants if we decided to sign that clown full time. as for campbell :039: bye! i'll get the beers in if we get more than 20p for that useless lump of shite

Holloway out, keep the rest. Most of the problem could be solved.

mattock-prem team
stearman-villa
clemence-champ team
oakley-champ team
howard-plz jus go!
kisnorbo-prem or champ gutted!
hume-champ or prem too
n'gotty-out
hendrie-champ team

team for nex yr
henderson
clapham
mcauley
worley
chambers
porter
wesolwski
king
bell
fryatt
campbell

None of our players would cut it in the premiership, be realistic. Hume is not prem nor Championship TBH

Seeing Prem made me laugh a little.

Who would take them? Stoke perhaps?

Holloway out, keep the rest. Most of the problem could be solved.

For once, I don't agree Melton.

Holloway out - obviously. I have a contempt for him only equalled in the case of Peter Taylor.

However, there was a big problem with the squad re. lack of motivation before Holloway arrived. Holloway then made things worse with his January signings.

For the first time, I couldn't care less about any player going. In fact, the more, the better. We can't keep the players that bigger clubs (thats all the Championship as well as the Premiership) want so that will take care of our 'better' players like Stearman - and the others are so contaminated by bad attitudes that surely its best to get rid.

For once, I don't agree Melton..
It was a slightly throw away comment, but in general I meant what I said..

Of course, there a handful of players I never would like to see where a City shirt again, but as PK just pointed out, the main problem is their attitude.

Yes, they must accept responsibility for their own attitudes, but attitudes are usually there for a reason, and I think that reason is Holloway.

Agree. There is not much wrong with our squad apart from a shitty attitude and lack of motivation.

But these are precisely the worst qualities in a team.

Obviously, we have loads of problems now - and i expect them to emerge over the next few weeks - but do we seek to retain the remnants of this dreadful squad and hope that a new manager can turn around the attitudes leading to a quick return or do we try to start more or less from fresh and try to build a new and better culture?

I favour the latter approach - I think that the Leicester public would warm to a bunch of triers but would just (rightly) saddle blame on the present lot.

It was a slightly throw away comment, but in general I meant what I said..

Of course, there a handful of players I never would like to see where a City shirt again, but as PK just pointed out, the main problem is their attitude.

Yes, they must accept responsibility for their own attitudes, but attitudes are usually there for a reason, and I think that reason is Holloway.

I agree its pointless getting rid of them all and they haven't become bad players overnight.First and foremost we must get rid of Holloway and then let the new boss access the merits of each player.Theres no use in a mass clearout and players like Oakley and Howard would be decent players in this League.Unfortunately I think there will be some who will go like Stearman,Mattock and Hume.Campbell can go,disgrace of a player

I reckon we might sign Clapham permanently now that we've dropped divisions. Mattock will leave and Sheehan's leaving as well, which will leave us with no other LB's - can we really do better than Clapham in League One? I also think Hume might stay, he won't be on huge wages so we may as well keep him - and he has never played in a level above the bottom half of the Championship. Hayles is out of contract till 2009 and the only way I can see him leaving is if Ollie gets a job elsewhere and decides to take him.

GK: Henderson + Logan

RB: Chambers + one other
LB: Clapham + one other
CB: McAuley, Worley, Rowe-Turner, + one other

RM: Gradel + one other
LM: Bell + Porter
CM: Weso, King, Kishishev, + one other

CF: Hume, Fryatt, DJ, Hayles

But these are precisely the worst qualities in a team.

Obviously, we have loads of problems now - and i expect them to emerge over the next few weeks - but do we seek to retain the remnants of this dreadful squad and hope that a new manager can turn around the attitudes leading to a quick return or do we try to start more or less from fresh and try to build a new and better culture?

I favour the latter approach - I think that the Leicester public would warm to a bunch of triers but would just (rightly) saddle blame on the present lot.
Bit of both but its ok saying get rid,who is going to want them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669