Whos to blame

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

Who's to blame for the current situation we are in?

Personally I think much of the blame lies with the previous shareholders.

If instead of pissing about they had welcomed MM onboard right away, he would have had time to (possibly) replace Kelly, provide funds for decent players and generally bolster the squad. Instead they (the board) continued to bicker over just how much they would get out of the deal.
In the meantime they would not even find £150K for Joey to bolster the mid field and Kelly had to make do with has beens like Horsfield.

Granted Kelly may be partly to blame, but the then board put him in charge rather than put their hands in their pockets to pay copo for another manager,. Be honest he was their cheapest option. They continued to play lip service to the fans and without making further investment in the team and continuing to enjoy all the perks whilst the club slowly slid into oblivion.

The writing was on the wall long before MM took over.

Oh and by the way with very few exceptions, the players are shite as well..............

I don't know, I don't care, and I won't analyze it too much so long as they sort it out, and quick.

What's gone is gone

It was reasonable to assume that after the first game at Luton we were going to struggle this season we were totally unprepared for that game, yard and half slower than the opposition...and they were no great shakes and Kelly was not up to the job....and it has continued with monotonous regularity.

In my opinion blame lies squarely at the door of Mandaric. The delays in the takeover were as much his doing as anyone else's.

When you take over a team in our position, you either make a change in manager straightaway or you back RK 100%. He did neither. It was obvious to everyone (including the players) that RK was going at the end of the season. Even if he didn't mean it, MM should have been talking up RK's strengthening the squad in the summer.

1. The managers authority is gone.
2. His motivation is shot to pieces.

In addition, MM has made it clear (via his pals at the Mirror) that this squad is going to be totally blitzed at the end of the season. In essence, he's said that the players are only here til the end of the season, then he's going to get some proper ones in.

1. What are the current lot playing for then?
2. Who are they playing for?

No wonder it looks like most of them don't give a stuff. You can argue about professional pride and getting a deal at another club but that doesn't really work with most of the pros today. All MM can do now if offer the lot of them a fat bonus for keeping us up and influence them via their pocket/greed.

The writing was on the door long before Mandaric came knocking.

The Luton game said to me we were in for a scrap.

I don't really know or care whose fault it is, but everyone at the club needs to come together to fix it!

I was trying to think just now why we all still follow this club even though.. I realised this team has very little to do with the team I supported when I was young (partly because I was lucky enough to be brought up in the O'Neill era).. We have no players who have been here for more than a couple of years, few of the staff have been longer than that either, it's a new stadium, we've got an owner who has no connection to Leicester at all (not saying I don't love Mandy!), and that never say die attitude we had when I first started supporting the club has long since gone. Basically all that's left is a name and a badge... And yet I still can't stop caring about the club!

We could blame loads of people really... Taylor for wasting all the money, the board then for giving him the money, the crap players we had under him, the tactical inadequacies of Micky Adams, the general crapness of Levein and Kelly, about 90% of the players that we've had playing for us in the last few years, the previous board for having no idea how to run a football club, Mandaric for his role in allegedly delaying the takeover and not getting rid of Kelly sooner... the list goes on.

We can blame anyone, but as Melton said, what matters is the now and what's coming! We need to sort things out quick, because the threat of League 1 is now massive! And personally I don't want to see us in a lower division than the likes of S****horpe, Colchester.... and Forest!

Someone please save our club!

Last edited:
*yawn*

it's me, it's all my fault, I'm used to taking the blame, blame me I couldn't give a bollix anymore.

It's been a poor harvest. let's burn some witches.

Nah, let's drown 'em....

****Smacks the wall****

Please people, please don't start ****in blaming MM. That is totally stupid.

I think it's a question of an understandable miscalculation as far as MM is concerned in respect of keeping on Kelly. However, i think many of us thought that he would have the luxury of keeping Kelly till the summer and having time and space to look for someone decent.

Unfortunately, we may have failed to understand how completely unmotivated and crap are the the players. It's already been suggested that MM may have spelt out that there has to be a major clear out - although I haven't seen clear statements to that effect.....and this has left some of the players minded to bring the club down with them whilst others are simply not good enough even at this level.

Altogether a very sad situation.

I don't get the apathy from the players (most of them anyway). Surely they're doing little to improve their chances pf getting contracts elsewhere?

Scenario:

Boss: "Sorry Guys, I'm gonna have to replace 50% of you guys when this big job is over, I haven't decided which 50% yet so I'll be monitoring your progress over the next 3 or 4 months"

Staff: "Feck that then, I'm not going to work hard, I'm gonna appear uninterested and demotivated, that'll teach him!!!!"

This cannot be the case, they would be fighting for their careers surely. Unless of course MM as given a list of which players will be leaving then it's understandable. But I find it highly unlikely that he's told all of them they're going.

Wake up FFS, this is not MM's fault, the players simply are not motivated, and the threat of losing your income should beenough to motivate every single ****ing employee the world over.

The previous regime has destroyed every player to play for us in the last 3 seasons, not MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669