Why haven't we signed anyone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

The trouble is that Sven is so boring. We need a really interesting manager with the fans interests at heart such as Martin Allen.
There are players available and Martin Allen would have taken time off from landscaping the training ground to scour YouTube and listen to the advice of agents galore and by now have signed a whole new team of "awesome" players.
Sven is the kind of over-cautious manager who decides whether he actually wants a player before negotiating terms with him. Martin Allen would point out that this was back to front.

Profondo Rosso

I was just err... testing you. :090:

spionfox

Mlost people don't use the 'new posts' feature, so it works fine for them.

After reading all the new posts in a thread, surely the best way to move to the next thread containing unread posts is the new posts button!

I'd be interested to hear how others best navigate their way through the site.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
After reading all the new posts in a thread, surely the best way to move to the next thread containing unread posts is the new posts button!

Some people are only interested in the LCFC forum, or the LCFC and general football forum, so they go directly to those. Doing that means they only have to see stuff they're interested in, not all the other stuff that appears when you use the new posts thing.

Profondo Rosso

Some people are only interested in the LCFC forum, or the LCFC and general football forum, so they go directly to those. Doing that means they only have to see stuff they're interested in, not all the other stuff that appears when you use the new posts thing.

Yep, this is what I do. I only really use the LCFC forum and the football forum (and occasionally the music forum) so I just view those. No point sifting through posts I don't really have interest in reading.

The Old Fox

Whilst I am not in the least concerned that we have yet to make the big signing(s). I would, in part, share this concern. It seems to me, that we will need between eight and ten signings (A goalkeeper, virtually an entire defence, a striker and some reserves).

Common sense dictates that these cannot all be £5 million superstars and I would have hoped that we would be scrapping for some of the bread and butter players going through the system at the moment. I have a slight worry that the Big Name is too much to the fore in the planning.

I am sure that Sven will be on top of the situation, but it must be tempting for our owners to want their money to go on a star, rather than the workhorse players.

Mawsley

Why the **** have we not got new hanging baskets? What the shit is going on at the club?

pork pie fox

I agree with you in principle Spion, in that that is how I navigate around the site, by using the new posts button. Unfortunately the one thread that I've got on ignore is the 'what are you listening to now' thread and it's your sodding posts that keep cropping up to annoy me even though I've got it on ignore :icon_wink

Steven

What's going on? other clubs are getting their players signed up ready for the start of pre season, we haven't signed anyone, isn't it wise to get all your players together for the start of pre season, to give them all of the pre season to gel and mould into a team, and what's all this I'm hearing about players transfer fees and wages being too costly, I thought we had lots of money now?

Who had we signed by June the 11th last year? :102:

city-faithful

Who is enraged? I've just seen a thread of people posting their opinions.

And fwiw, 3 years ago we didn't even have a manager until 20 June, let alone signed any players and we ended up winning the league at a canter.

BM is clearly enraged. It clearly upsets him that this is being posted repeated. It is CLEAR though his use of bold text. Give me one reason why it's not obvious he's enraged. Just one.

And 'fwiw' I'd like you to explain why you quoted me and then went on to explain the virtues of not signing anybody early doors. What in my post suggested that I was either for or against signing people at this point in the transfer window? What gave me away as being one of the 'why haven't we signed anybody' brigade?

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
BM is clearly enraged. It clearly upsets him that this is being posted repeated. It is CLEAR though his use of bold text. Give me one reason why it's not obvious he's enraged. Just one.
Surely you know by now not to take me or my posts at face value. I don't get enraged.

You TWAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670