Why Topps Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxFanLeicester

Money obviously talks... but what a crap sponsor, the logo on the new shirt is not impressive. I didn't think Topps Tiles could afford a multi million pound sponsorship deal. FFS couldn't we have found a business with abit more clout.

Topps Tiles - very funny, almost like a non league sponsor!

Didn't mean the profits or turnover which are very impressive for Topps.

The Brand is not impressive - however as I said money talks.

Very weak Brand and the shirts look terrible.

A&L had a much better image, so did Walkers.

Topps makes us look like a conference team.

At the end of the day what does it matter? They were obviously willing to pay more than A & L so fair play to them. Good move for both parties if you ask me.. they get their name plastered (no pun intended) across the shirt of a fairly big football team, and we get a better deal than we were getting last year... everyones a winner. It's the colour of the shirt I am more bothered about.. it's Portsmouth blue.. whatever happened to Royal blue? :(

Money obviously talks... but what a crap sponsor, the logo on the new shirt is not impressive. I didn't think Topps Tiles could afford a multi million pound sponsorship deal. FFS couldn't we have found a business with abit more clout.

It will only be a multi million pound deal if we...

a) get promoted
b) Win both league and FA Cups
c) Stay promoted and win both cups again.

I'm not too happy about the new "Portsmouth" shirt but the sponsor has to be better than Sheff Wed from a few years back....Chupa Chups!!

Everyone is happy with the money but hates the brand image of Topps Tiles. :icon_conf :icon_conf Don't worry about brand image that is a problem for Topps Tiles, just think of the money. ;)

Well, I'm not even going to support Leicester anymore - not until we get sponsored by a "brand" that is so cool that they spell cool with a K. Kool as a Kat. :icon_roll Or even Kuuhl - maybe with an umlaut or two?

But who gives a shit, really? Cash in the bank, thank you very much Mr. Tiles, nice doing business wiyth you and your odd little square gimp friend.

(Actually, I did like it when we were sponsored by Ind Coope. It's been downhill ever since)

Well, I'm not even going to support Leicester anymore - not until we get sponsored by a "brand" that is so cool that they spell cool with a K. Kool as a Kat. :icon_roll Or even Kuuhl - maybe with an umlaut or two?

But who gives a shit, really? Cash in the bank, thank you very much Mr. Tiles, nice doing business wiyth you and your odd little square gimp friend.

(Actually, I did like it when we were sponsored by Ind Coope. It's been downhill ever since)

:038::038:

i beg to differ, lots of clubs struggle for sponsors and the fact we have good sponsors is a godsend.

why is it when we look like we have turned a corner do people start knocking the club and its decisions :102:

i beg to differ, lots of clubs struggle for sponsors and the fact we have good sponsors is a godsend.

why is it when we look like we have turned a corner do people start knocking the club and its decisions :102:

well said:038:

I couldn't give a shit. It is a seven figure deal. A&L was only a six figure deal...

What is not to be happy about. It is a FOOTBALL SHIRT. You don't have to get married or buried in it and they aren't particularly fashionable anyway. Be thankful it isn't that gigantic LG thing the season we were promoted. That was bloody ugly.

I couldn't give a shit. It is a seven figure deal. A&L was only a six figure deal...

What is not to be happy about. It is a FOOTBALL SHIRT. You don't have to get married or buried in it and they aren't particularly fashionable anyway. Be thankful it isn't that gigantic LG thing the season we were promoted. That was bloody ugly.

I quite liked the LG kits....:icon_redf

I completely agree though Silver. Topps Tiles are prepared to pay us money to advertise them, and that's what we are doing. I'd rather have more money and have a shit shirt rather than have no money and a 'nicer' looking sponsor.

In an Ideal world we wouldn't have to have sponsors at all. I don't particularly want to walk around advertising anyone.

That is why I like the classic shirts...then I only advertise Leicester City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669