Why Topps Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd quite like us to be sponsored by the Amsterdam tourist board and have a big Cannabis leaf on the front of the shirt, other than that I'm not really arsed.

I have to be honest tho, the new shirt does look a bit crap but if we get a decent team wearing it it doesnt really matter.

I think the new shirt is very nice.

At the end of the day what does it matter? They were obviously willing to pay more than A & L so fair play to them. Good move for both parties if you ask me.. they get their name plastered (no pun intended) across the shirt of a fairly big football team, and we get a better deal than we were getting last year... everyones a winner. It's the colour of the shirt I am more bothered about.. it's Portsmouth blue.. whatever happened to Royal blue? :(

Likewise it's the shade of blue that I'm not particularly happy with, can't see what the fuss is all about as far as the sponsor is concerned?

The sponsor on a shirt does matter...... so you lot would be happy if its was "Preparation H" or maybe one of the big firms like Poundland. It should all come down to image, and Topps Tiles is a tacky firm

atleast we aren't Watford and about to have Arcelik and Koc Holding printed on our shirts.

its about on that level though. When you down the leagues the sponsors seem to get more and more tacky, I cannt think of any Premiership club who would have topp tiles on the shirts. If we are to think like a premiership club we should act like one. A few quid here and there should not make any difference to us. The better the brand of the company on your shirt the better the image.

Money obviously talks... but what a crap sponsor, the logo on the new shirt is not impressive. I didn't think Topps Tiles could afford a multi million pound sponsorship deal. FFS couldn't we have found a business with abit more clout.

Topps Tiles - very funny, almost like a non league sponsor!

I couldn't give a monkey's ass who the sponsor is as long as we do the business on the field. I don't really see how it will have a detrimental affect. Whoever pays the most gets the deal as far as I'm concerned.

The sponsor on a shirt does matter...... so you lot would be happy if its was "Preparation H" or maybe one of the big firms like Poundland. It should all come down to image, and Topps Tiles is a tacky firm

It should all come down to the players on the pitch.

It should all come down to the players on the pitch.

thats a feckin joke.
Good players were turning Portsmouth down once because they had that beanie toy firm across their chests, this tile firm is on par with that. Wonder how many will turn us down?

well if a player doesn't want to come to our club because of our sponsor they might as well feck off. pathetic!

thats a feckin joke.
Good players were turning Portsmouth down once because they had that beanie toy firm across their chests

Total cobblers,you telling me Players turned down club because they didn't like the Shirt ? If that was the case,which I very much doubt,then I wouldn't want them anyway.It doesn't matter what they have on the shirts and If Topps are paying us good money then I have no problem with it,its not important

thats a feckin joke.
Good players were turning Portsmouth down once because they had that beanie toy firm across their chests, this tile firm is on par with that. Wonder how many will turn us down?

Quite possibly the biggest pile of steaming turd i have ever read.

Apart from some of meltons points of view ;)

C*nt. And remove the wink as I know you're only hiding behind it

now now melton i certainly dont need to hide from you

Besides the wink wasnt really for you anyway.

Last edited:
FFS the logo isn't even that big...you can hardly see who the sponsor is. It just looks like a yellow box. I can't understand why this is upsetting people.

Money = better players = success.

Stop fecking crying over it.:icon_lol::icon_wink

FFS the logo isn't even that big...you can hardly see who the sponsor is. It just looks like a yellow box. I can't understand why this is upsetting people.

Money = better players = success.

Stop fecking crying over it.:icon_lol::icon_wink

dont post a smiley, we know your only hiding behind it silver :)

oh shit

now now melton i certainly dont need to hide from you

Besides the wink wasnt really for you anyway.
Oh Lako if you were within a metre of me now, I'd blow the biggest raspberry right in your face and then place the tip of my thumb to my nose and wiggle my fingers at you!!!!

Last edited:
Oh Lako if you were within a metre of me now, I'd blow the biggest raspberry right in your face and then place the tip of my thumb to my nose and wiggle my fingers at you!!!!

If i was within a metre of you now id be very worried as to how the feck i was getting home tonight.

then id wipe the spit off my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670