Why Topps Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a feckin joke.
Good players were turning Portsmouth down once because they had that beanie toy firm across their chests, this tile firm is on par with that. Wonder how many will turn us down?

:081:

Now that's a feckin joke!

Last edited:
its about on that level though. When you down the leagues the sponsors seem to get more and more tacky, I cannt think of any Premiership club who would have topp tiles on the shirts. If we are to think like a premiership club we should act like one. A few quid here and there should not make any difference to us. The better the brand of the company on your shirt the better the image.

I agree.

The Walkers, A&L brands were well up to the status of the club.

Topps Tiles is a far inferiour brand name and to that extent will reflect poorly on the club. That said, another season like last year and Topps won't be too happy either.

Not by any means the most important footballing issue for next season....but
it doesn't help the overall image of Leicester City.

Who knew who AIG were before they sponsered Man Utd? :102:

Who knew who AIG were before they sponsered Man Utd? :102:

Yea - but the problem is that people do know who Topps Tiles are - and they may be bulk sellers of floor products, but are hardly prestigous.

Incidentally I still dont know who AIG are - are they German?

I cannot believe people are actually moaning about the sponsor on the kit, it defies belief.

Last edited:
I cannot believe people are actually moaning about the sponsor on the kit, it defies belief.

Not really.

The name on the shirt matters a great deal in terms of the projection of the club. I think most people understand that.

I suppose that it just brings home that we have gone down as a club in recent seasons that we have to go with Topps Tiles.

It's far from the greatest issue facing the club - but I think worthy of comment,

Not really.

The name on the shirt matters a great deal in terms of the projection of the club. I think most people understand that.

I suppose that it just brings home that we have gone down as a club in recent seasons that we have to go with Topps Tiles.

It's far from the greatest issue facing the club - but I think worthy of comment,

Redditch I value your points greatly but on this one I disagree. I dont believe a player gives a toss what it says on the shirt. The porblems we will have signing players comes down to how far we have fallen generally IMO.

Redditch I value your points greatly but on this one I disagree. I dont believe a player gives a toss what it says on the shirt. The porblems we will have signing players comes down to how far we have fallen generally IMO.

For what it's worth and it's not a lot - the point I was making was about the overall image of the club rather than the impact it would have on whether players will sign for us.

What is much more interesting is your second point. I was totally in favour of the MM takeover on the grounds that there were no viable alternatives. I never thought that he was a panacea for solving the club's difficulties through a massive spending spree (and no one will find any posts from me indicating otherwise).

Thus far - he has made one positive move and that is sacking the Kelly. He has since appointed a manager who will have to develop into a championship level/ challenging for promotopn manager. And decent players may not be convinced that there are not better alternatives to signing for Leicester. MM is going to need to spend a few quid on top of the shop wages for this division to convince them otherwise imo.

i thought they were reportedly paying more than some previous sponsors? tis what i heard anyway. the bigger issue as far as i am concerned is that our stadium is to continue to be called the wankers for the near future, thats more embarassing than topps tiles

...........Thus far - he has made one positive move and that is sacking the Kelly. He has since appointed a manager who will have to develop into a championship level/ challenging for promotopn manager. And decent players may not be convinced that there are not better alternatives to signing for Leicester. MM is going to need to spend a few quid on top of the shop wages for this division to convince them otherwise imo.

I dont know whether MM has the money/commitment to spending to do this. Hence why I think we should stop dreaming about the likes of Lee Hendrie coming to this club and start being realistic about the lower league players we are gonna have to gamble on. I hate to harp on about it but it worked under MON and it can work again with the right buys at the right price.

I hope MA is having a good rest coz this is gonna be the hardest working summer of his life.

:038:

The shirt sponsor is just a source of income for any club. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would take the source with the largest income. I cannot believe that people actually think that a player would take into account the sponsor of each team when deciding who to join.

Anyway, how is a 'good' sponsor defined? The size of the company, the revenue of the company, the profit of the company, the reputation of the company?

Well none of them, it is all personal opinion and if people think that Leicester City FC, who just managed to stay in the Championship in the previous two seasons, are too good to be sponsored by Topps Tiles then they need to wake up and focus on what really matters, the players that will be bearing the sponsors and how they play. It wouldn't matter to me if we were sponsored by The Gay Times and wore pink shirts as long as we become a decent football team once again!

It could be worse...

nobo1991front.jpg.w560h747.jpg

paidup2.jpg

The top one looked pink from a distance.

Last edited:

I for one would rather have Topps Tiles rather than an internet gaming site that seem to sponsor almost every Prem club - now that is tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669