Under 21s Wigan v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Gally completely left out on Sat and now playing with the kids? Is related to his ability to play football or injuries?

Where are you getting the updates from Jeff. Also, any team news? Cheers

There was live text commentary on the Wigan site. Pretty much every other club has better coverage of non first team games than ours does.
If our OS had publicised it I might have gone to the game.

I don't have the full squad list, but it included Logan, Taft, Panayiotou, Hopper, Blyth, Gallagher, Maduako, Pearson, Sesay.

Why was Gally completely left out on Sat and now playing with the kids? Is related to his ability to play football or injuries?

No silly, Nige obviously hates him and will be gone by the morning, along with Beckford.

According to Stringer he is getting over an illness. Gally tweeted, in response to a suggestion from Stringer, that lemsip wouldn't be enough, so no idea what he has.

What's the craic with this U21 malarky then? Is it competitive fixtures and from the sounds of it, I'm guessing it has replaced the old Reserve and Youth games or is there still a U18s?

Seems a good idea though to get young players mixing it with 'seasoned pros' with game time to get more experience.

Cheers Jeff. Shame to see the Youth Premier League go too as this could be argued to restrict their chances now they have upto 4 overage players to compete with but could also prove to benefit them from raising the standard so we'll just have to see I guess but it's definitely a good thing that our reserve first teamers still have a competitive back-up fixture to keep them fit/get fit after injuries etc which is something we haven't had for the past few seasons.

Cheers Jeff. Shame to see the Youth Premier League go too as this could be argued to restrict their chances now they have upto 4 overage players to compete with but could also prove to benefit them from raising the standard so we'll just have to see I guess but it's definitely a good thing that our reserve first teamers still have a competitive back-up fixture to keep them fit/get fit after injuries etc which is something we haven't had for the past few seasons.

Under-21s league is just replacing Reserve League North/South. It's barely changed to be honest, they've just changed the league structure and capped number of over-age players.

Under-18s league is staying the same.

Ah thanks for clearing that up as I mis-interpreted as being the only league for 18-21s bar first team action. Glad that is not the case though as that would have been restrictive on the youngters as even at 18, some can still take a few years to mature personally as well as developing in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566