Wilcox has signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrislcfc18 said:
On paper the signings we have made are pretty good. Look at last season, we were all moaning that we had no decent players down the wings, Scowcroft had no pace and was just used for heading and we never settled with a left sided player. Now we have a natural winger on both sides, ok the legs may be tiring through age but in this league its not pace but skill thats required to produce decent crosses and both these players have got it. And whats this about no mixture of youth and experience, i have to agree with another thread that we already have this with Heath, Stewart, Wright, Morris and Williams with 3 of these with a good chance of being in the starting lineup and at least 1 on the bench.

And canero.... people forget we already have youngsters in the team and more from the youth will get a chance. Heath, stewart, canero, williams are definate starters in my eyes, maybe even morris... THATS 5 young players!!!!!!!! With youth team members on the bench. Please tell me how many young players you expect as i really can't work you all out

I have always tolerated pet rescue as everyone has a right to their opinion, but why can't he see we have no money and that any half decent player will cost. I'm starting to get annoyed by the negativity when there is absolutly no reason for it. Especially the young player fetish when we already have them in the team!!!!!!

Babylon said:
chrislcfc18 said:
On paper the signings we have made are pretty good. Look at last season, we were all moaning that we had no decent players down the wings, Scowcroft had no pace and was just used for heading and we never settled with a left sided player. Now we have a natural winger on both sides, ok the legs may be tiring through age but in this league its not pace but skill thats required to produce decent crosses and both these players have got it. And whats this about no mixture of youth and experience, i have to agree with another thread that we already have this with Heath, Stewart, Wright, Morris and Williams with 3 of these with a good chance of being in the starting lineup and at least 1 on the bench.

And canero.... people forget we already have youngsters in the team and more from the youth will get a chance. Heath, stewart, canero, williams are definate starters in my eyes, maybe even morris... THATS 5 young players!!!!!!!! With youth team members on the bench. Please tell me how many young players you expect as i really can't work you all out

I have always tolerated pet rescue as everyone has a right to their opinion, but why can't he see we have no money and that any half decent player will cost. I'm starting to get annoyed by the negativity when there is absolutly no reason for it. Especially the young player fetish when we already have them in the team!!!!!!
Of course i realise we have no money. But this doesnt mean we should get any player who's over 30 and available for free.

Petrescu said:
Babylon said:
chrislcfc18 said:

Of course i realise we have no money. But this doesnt mean we should get any player who's over 30 and available for free.

You make valid points mate, im not exactly over the moon myself about wilcox. We should all just cool it until everyone is in and we see how we are doing!!!

I agree with you about the loan system there has to be players out there for us who have more chance of actually playing 10 games in a row!!!

Not many decent players these days cost less than a million. Unless MA has discovered a superstar over in Portugal. If we are going to spend money it will have to be on an unknown lower league player or foreigner who will have to be scouted over a number of weeks to see if they can do a job. The only way this can be done is during the season or pre season friendlies or, of course Portugal. So i think you will have to be patient cause i cant see MA forking out cash until he has seen some games over here. Im sure he is in the process of sorting something out i bet he doesnt really want to sign an over 30's club either

I really don't understand the Wilcox signing. He has rarely played for the last 3 years, and when he has, he's been awful. I would rather have kept Guppy then Wilcox.

I understand the argument that we have no significant money, but I'm sure we're in a position where we could do better than Wilcox. We have one of the best budgets in the division, and we're going for players like him.......

Not happy.

Scowcroft said:
I really don't understand the Wilcox signing. He has rarely played for the last 3 years, and when he has, he's been awful. I would rather have kept Guppy then Wilcox.

I understand the argument that we have no significant money, but I'm sure we're in a position where we could do better than Wilcox. We have one of the best budgets in the division, and we're going for players like him.......

Not happy.

we may have the biggest budget but other teams aint paying out 10k, 15k, 20k, 25k to players from the taylor era.

Guppy is shit 2 years older and no better than wilcox... yet its ok to keep him??!!

I aint happy about wilcox exactly but i trust micky in my eyes he has been excellent for leicester through some tough times and has kept us going when others couldn't of.

Babylon said:
Scowcroft said:

Not happy.

we may have the biggest budget but other teams aint paying out 10k, 15k, 20k, 25k to players from the taylor era.

Guppy is shit 2 years older and no better than wilcox... yet its ok to keep him??!!

I aint happy about wilcox exactly but i trust micky in my eyes he has been excellent for leicester through some tough times and has kept us going when others couldn't of.

I agree that Micky has done a good job, but he has made mistakes aswell, quite a few in fact. The likes of Curtis, Gillespie and Hignett were shocking signings, and I fear Wilcox will be another one of them. He has done nothing for a long time, Leeds must be laughing at us.

As for Guppy, yes, he is 2 years older, but he's a better player IMO. Wilcox is just wank.

Scowcroft said:
Babylon said:
Scowcroft said:

Not happy.

I agree that Micky has done a good job, but he has made mistakes aswell, quite a few in fact. The likes of Curtis, Gillespie and Hignett were shocking signings, and I fear Wilcox will be another one of them. He has done nothing for a long time, Leeds must be laughing at us.

As for Guppy, yes, he is 2 years older, but he's a better player IMO. Wilcox is just wank.

99% of the people on here thought gilespie would be good.... MA aint got a crystal ball. As for hignet and curtis i don't think they were anything other than backup... again no crystal ball!!!

Wilcox is a decent player to have in the squad. I doubt he will play many games.

Wilcox has signed

As I started the thread I want to be the first to accept that he may be a decent signing.
Having spoken to a good friend of mine who watches Leeds home and away, he informs me that he was one of the few players he was hoping to keep.
Apparantly he has impressed whenever he has played, which was'nt a lot last season because he was always injured.
People seem to rate O'Leary as a manager and he spent £3 million on him
So lets give him and indeed all of the new lads a few games before we slag them
After all they are Leicester players now!

FNQ said:
It did not fail. Last season we overachieved.

It depends on what you mean by over achieved - I don't think you can regard relegation as an over achievement, although perhaps not finishing 20th was an achievement in it's self.

FNQ said:
It did not fail. Last season we overachieved.

Absolutely untrue -we had about 5 decent weeks from early November & the rest was pretty dire.

Then a brief flourish at the end of the season when the 'clause men' were putting themselves in the market place.

Without that bright spell in the early winter we would have been relegated by Easter.

Come on chaps, lets look on the bright side. With the age of the squad rapidly rising there isn't much chance of the La Manga episode being repeated. This lot will prefer a weekend away in rhyl.

I think that Jason Wilcox could be a good signing. He is vastly experienced and will be looking to end his career on a high. I can understand why many of you are annoyed at Micky bringing in a player who is in his twilight years but we do need experience and Wilcox is better than Hignett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263