WILKINSON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it a fox? said:
I can't adam and eve what is goin on. I'm not dissapointed that Bassett has taken charge for the short term, he knows how to get teams out of this divison, and you never know, if we win our next 3, he'll probably be here for the season. But Sgt Bilko, jesus christ he hasn't got a scooby doo. I was in Sunderland when he was in charge and he couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. He was worse than shocking, he's the reason half the sunderland fans stopped going. Still after reading the paper this morning it seems Gary McAllister is "top of Leicester's wish list." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I don't know who I'd prefer. This season is dead in the water, we'll finish in the bottom half of the table and we'll take 2-3 years to even compete getting out of this league. I think I'm gonna cry.

For goodness sake - look on the bright side!

Two out of three have gone. Corky needed to go and unfortunately Micky was no longer able to cut it - for the club or himself. Now.... the likelihood is that Bassett & Wilko will do no better and that will mean that -at last - Bassett exits LCFC because no self respecting replacement is going to put up with him floating around the Walkers. If -on the otherhand - I am completely wrong and this ancient duo make a success of it - then we'll get promoted and we'll all be happy anyway.

Everyone was moaning coz we aint top of the league and werent winning enough games, but it looks like basett and wilkinson will be here till the end of the season and do you think we are gonna be top or be promoted by then!! :shock:

Yes, i seriously think we will be in the top 6 if we keep Bassett for the season. We will then have more time to make sure we get the right man, and it will give the new manager pre season to install his own ethic on the team/club.

However, if we do a rush job and recruit the wrong man we could well be struggling. Both options carry a risk, but i can not see Bassett being a complete failure. He is too experienced and too successful for that to happen in my opinion.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could keep Micky Adams, and reasses at the end of the season? But we were too impatient.

It was not all down to the fans ace, he didn't make a decision to quit a highly paid job on the basis of a few moaners post Preston, surely you can't believe that?

alex said:
It was not all down to the fans ace, he didn't make a decision to quit a highly paid job on the basis of a few moaners post Preston, surely you can't believe that?
Indeed, i think he lost the dressing room before the fans and i think that was the main factor

homer said:
What choice have we got right at this minute ?
We will not get a manager in by Saturday - we might not even get one in for a few weeks
And someone has to get on with running the training sessions

Chill yer boots, everyone
All will be well

Altogether now

DAVE AND HOWARD'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

Anyone ??

Although both Bassett and Wilkinson represent dour football with capital letters the board might just be right in wishing to make a considered rather than a reactionary decision about the next managerial era at City, especially if it's going to take a bit of time to get any particular person they've earmarked.

The club certainly need someone to help on the training ground and to go for experience and discipline might serve the need right now - it certainly looks as if Keown might be back in the fold which is probably a plus.

Both Bassett and Wilkinson have probably had enough of taking a verbal battering and will hopefully be determined to lift their own previously waning stars wherever their long-term future lies.

They have much to do... re-establishing a win ethic throughout the club, not just among the first team, insisting on professional disicpline, ending the Micky Mouse tactics that have cost us so dearly and re-establishing confidence.

None of the above is beyond them. What I believe is beyond them is to take the club on to the levels I have previously referred to and which we had no chance of achieving under the old regime.

We need a genuine sense of direction in the club which will require up-to-date thinking, imaginative top-quality coaching and the ability of staff to recognise talent and get the most out of it.

I've touched on it before. Football is about winning, yes, but its also about entertainment because if you've not got bums on seats and a clamour of people wanting to watch you (even on telly) you'll never have the funds to compete at top level and you'll never get the most exciting players to want to wear the shirt.

Dour therefore isn't an option long term and I hope the board appreciate this.

For now though the dogged duo need some support.
With the right follow-up decisions we really do have a chance now. There is too much evidence to the contrary to suggest we had any chance of rising much above mediocrity under MA. And I am truly sorry to say that.

Mad Biker's loyalty is commendable but I hope for City's sake it's misguided because I expect to look back on 10/11 as the day the sun came out again for City and we must hope that Bassett and Wilkinson don't serve as rain clouds to block out the light.

Let's hope they harness the potential energy of this great club and start to recharge everyone's batteries with optimism and justified expectation.

Hi JF, I'm here. Been keeping a low profile whilst the canadian sub has been in the news. Bloody embarrassing selling a sub, 3 days later it develops faults at sea. My thoughts go out to all the families of the canadian submariners, especially the young family of the bloke that died.
Your quite right JF, it would have been a hell of a lot worse if they hadn't put somebody in temporary charge.
Seeing news like this does put everything into perspective.
I liked Micky, I was hoping he could turn it around, however having listened to his press conference how things haven't been right for a while. Hearing people talk about his lack of body language. It is best he's gone.
Despite the moaners, we are handily placed for a top 6 finish (ask a tree supporter where they would rather be right now!)
Bassett and Wilko is temporary. How long waits to be seen. It is not time to start bemoaning our mishap, but to re-unite and get behind the team.
If Micky has been down for a while it has rubbed off on the players. A fresh impetus is what is needed. Wilko and Harry might just do it.
Could also look at it like this, some of the players Micky brought in were nearly as old as him, so treated him like a brother, where as Wilko and harry are father type figures if you know what I mean.......

xsubmariner said:
Hi JF, I'm here. Been keeping a low profile whilst the canadian sub has been in the news. Bloody embarrassing selling a sub, 3 days later it develops faults at sea. My thoughts go out to all the families of the canadian submariners, especially the young family of the bloke that died.
Your quite right JF, it would have been a hell of a lot worse if they hadn't put somebody in temporary charge.
I liked Micky, I was hoping he could turn it around, however having listened to his press conference how things haven't been right for a while. Hearing people talk about his lack of body language. It is best he's gone.
Despite the moaners, we are handily placed for a top 6 finish (ask a tree supporter where they would rather be right now!)
Bassett and Wilko is temporary. How long waits to be seen. It is not time to start bemoaning our mishap, but to re-unite and get behind the team.
If Micky has been down for a while it has rubbed off on the players. A fresh impetus is what is needed. Wilko and Harry might just do it.
Could also look at it like this, some of the players Micky brought in were nearly as old as him, so treated him like a brother, where as Wilko and harry are father type figures if you know what I mean.......

i always feel calmed and relaxed after reading an xsubmariner post, and now is no exception. God bless you sir.

avuncular is a great word and i'm gonna use it right now

Top post Sub, and I agree - to be honest I was down-hearted at the news of Wilkinson, but I would also be pleased for a bit of security at the club and not a knee jerk rection to MA's departure. The next manager of our club is a massive appointment, massive.

Although long term this is not the ideal management duo , short term they will be excellent , bringing plenty of experience and respect.

Also I can foresee a fitter looking and more disciplined team under Bassett and Sgt Wilko, bet we dont concede half as many last minute goals.

This temp appointment also allows the board to take their time and ensure we dont rush into to a dodgy appointment. Even if we are stuck with these two for a couple of months we must look long term and if the board are paitent there is no reason why they cant appoint a manager who can bring long term success to the club.

Be Paitent and get behind Harry and Howie.

What's so difficult about this job that we have to have two managers, even on a temporary basis (previously it was 3 - Adams, Cork, Bassett). It seems as though we are lining up to play Real Madrid, Manure and AC Milan. Instead, we are up against the footballing giants such as Watford and Brighton. I think anyone from this forum could sit alongside Bertie and do a good job!

PEN3 said:
I think anyone from this forum could sit alongside Bertie and do a good job!
webbo would eat him and I have my doubts about Steven's sanity of late.. :?

xsubmariner said:

Yes! I do know what you mean xsub. Good post, thought I hadn't heard a peep out of you for a while. Good to read one of your posts again. Hope you stay back for a while.

Instead, we are up against the footballing giants such as Watford and Brighton

No, we actually lost at home to those two giants when the poisoned dwarf was still in charge. Thankfully he has now gone

11/10 - the day the Bonehead Army saved our club and, Chandler, I will never let you forget it........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566