WILKINSON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is taking the piss, Bassett and Wilko, for ****s sake. Nice to see City are really looking to the future.

This serves you all damn well right !!!!!!

Hope your pleased with yourselves :evil:

I don't think this is as bad as it looks, Wilkinson is coming in as coach and I think he may knock the stuffing out of a few of our boys...which I reckon they need a bit of...

RichMC24 said:

My thoughts entirley :( :(

Maybe the board have an ultimate dream ticket of

Brian Little Head Coach
John Gergory First Team Coach
Peter Taylor Youth Development

bluefox said:
RichMC24 said:

My thoughts entirley :( :(

Maybe the board have an ultimate dream ticket of

Brian Little Head Coach
John Gergory First Team Coach
Peter Taylor Youth Development

That would actually not be too bad either!!!

It's been confirmed on Skysports news.

You can complain all you like about Bassett and Wilkinson, but you are being very naive.

You all wanted Micky sacked, and must have known there would be a period where we needed a temporary management team. To think that we would be able to get a better team than Bassett/Wilkinson is ridiculous.

You made your bed, now lie in it.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:

You can complain all you like about Bassett and Wilkinson, but you are being very naive.

You all wanted Micky sacked, and must have known there would be a period where we needed a temporary management team. To think that we would be able to get a better team than Bassett/Wilkinson is ridiculous.

That's about right - but it's clear that Micky had lost the appetite for the job and was making repetitive errors. It seems to me that he wanted out anyway.

The present situation -as you say - was predictable and is not particularly promising.

Looking on the slightly brighter side, Wilkinson's introduction is likely to improve discipline - albeit not the football!

I think they will do a decent job.

With two experienced and largely succesfull coaches in it should buy the club a bit more time to ensure they find the right manager.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:

I didn't want Micky sacked, the reasons why are now proven.

DesertFox said:
Holy feckin Jesus H Christ in a feckin chicken basket, not HIM! ANYBODY but HIM! Bring back Peter Taylor!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

How ironic. Reacting to the indiscipline at City these last few months and the board appoint a schoolmaster to look after them.

What's the point in employing somebody who's proved both at international and club level over the last ten years that his footballing outlook is from a different, defunct era?

What's the point in employing somebody temporarily (unless it's to help avoid relegation)?

Did Cotterill's views on his old boss impress the board that much?

Bassett and Wilko dream team....Jesus - i may have to go to Meadow Lane in the future for entertainment, 'cus I know exactly what type of football we'll be getting at the Walkers for the rest of the season.

d70g said:
What's the point in employing somebody who's proved both at international and club level over the last ten years that his footballing outlook is from a different, defunct era?

What's the point in employing somebody temporarily (unless it's to help avoid relegation)?

Bassett and Wilko dream team....Jesus - i may have to go to Meadow Lane in the future for entertainment, 'cus I know exactly what type of football we'll be getting at the Walkers for the rest of the season.

Rest of the season? Have a word, it will not, repeat: WILL NOT be that long until we get a proper manager.

d70g said:

Your being completely unrealistic to think that we were going to get a new permanent manager before the Coventry game.
Would you have prefered the likes of Garry Parker?

we've got a bunch of old players who are used to the old ways of football, old coaches could be a good thing (all be it temporary)

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
d70g said:

Your being completely unrealistic to think that we were going to get a new permanent manager before the Coventry game.
Would you have prefered the likes of Garry Parker?

Did you actually bother reading my post, because try all I could, I just couldn't spot the passage where I said get a new manager in for Cov. Maybe my eyesight is going from all that attractive football we've seen of late.

And I've rather have Parker from Thunderbirds than somebody who's football outlook is rooted in 1935. Did any of you actually see Sunderland play when he was in charge?

I thyink everybody needs to chill out a bit. Bassett and Wilkinson, although by no means a dream team are as good as we can expect at the moment. Wilkinson has pedigree and although it didnt work at Sunderland - he isnt managing us, hes coaching the first team. I think you would go a long way to find a better, more qualified head coach. I know who i would rather have coaching the first team out of alan Cork and Howard Wilkinson!!!!!

DurhamFox said:
I know who i would rather have coaching the first team out of alan Cork and Howard Wilkinson!!!!!

Quite right that - it may be colder up there Durham, but that comment has warmed me to my very cockles.

What choice have we got right at this minute ?
We will not get a manager in by Saturday - we might not even get one in for a few weeks
And someone has to get on with running the training sessions

Chill yer boots, everyone
All will be well

Altogether now

DAVE AND HOWARD'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

Anyone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593