WILKINSON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
d70g said:
What's the point in employing somebody temporarily?

Tell that to the crew of the Canadian (ex-british) Submarine. If they hadn't put somebody in charge temporarily then even worse events would have followed. You really should think before you post.

Where is xsubmariner?, I'm sure he'll back this up.

Bassett / Keown for Cov. (btw...now that MA has gone, is it time to shed light on why MA and the pretty boy fell out?)

I'm hoping that the media have got it wrong, that Wilkinson hasn't come in to be the first team coach, but instead to drive it.

In several cultures, people believe that Howard Wilkinson sucks souls from through sleeper's eye sockets in the dead of night

Oh, and again, where did I say we shouldn't have anyone in charge for Cov? Isn't Bassett doing that already? i just don't see the point in bringing in a coach with his own ideas and way of playing when he hasn't been integral to the team's system and might be off in a few weeks to be replaced by yet another set of differing ideas.

read between the lines, dudes

d70g said:
What's the point in employing somebody temporarily

d70g said:
Bassett / Keown for Cov.

So you are saying that there is no point employing somebody temporarily and also saying that we should put Bassett/Keown in temporarily in charge?

No, Mr Fox...maybe I need to spell it out - what's the point in appointing somebody from outside the club temporarily

Our tactics are now going to be ones out of the dark ages,Wilkinson....I don't think there could be a worse option even if its only temporaly.Its like a nasty nightmare.

d70g said:
No, Mr Fox...maybe I need to spell it out - what's the point in appointing somebody from outside the club temporarily

Well yes, thanks for spelling it out, that makes it clearer.

highland fox said:
Our tactics are now going to be ones out of the dark ages,Wilkinson....I don't think there could be a worse option even if its only temporaly.Its like a nasty nightmare.

Yup...he's the Michael Howard of the football universe.

Out of the game for a few years...I wonder why ,could it be that hes no fooking good,was Sunderland is last conquest.The word DULL was invented for the man.

Have you ever seen any of his teams play..they would send a glass eye to sleep.I'm yawning just talking about him.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
highland fox said:
The word DULL was invented for the man.

And DULL is exactly what we need at the moment. Bassett and Sgt. Wilko are good enough to stabalise the club while we search for a new manager.

aye, Sunderland sure became stable and consistent under Wilko.

Here we go, being critical before even one game in charge.

To quote Bassett from football365: "We may be together for a week, a month or three months - but we are both flexible and helping Leicester out at the moment.

It all sounds short term

I can't adam and eve what is goin on. I'm not dissapointed that Bassett has taken charge for the short term, he knows how to get teams out of this divison, and you never know, if we win our next 3, he'll probably be here for the season. But Sgt Bilko, jesus christ he hasn't got a scooby doo. I was in Sunderland when he was in charge and he couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. He was worse than shocking, he's the reason half the sunderland fans stopped going. Still after reading the paper this morning it seems Gary McAllister is "top of Leicester's wish list." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I don't know who I'd prefer. This season is dead in the water, we'll finish in the bottom half of the table and we'll take 2-3 years to even compete getting out of this league. I think I'm gonna cry.

is it a fox? said:
I can't adam and eve what is goin on. I'm not dissapointed that Bassett has taken charge for the short term, he knows how to get teams out of this divison, and you never know, if we win our next 3, he'll probably be here for the season. But Sgt Bilko, jesus christ he hasn't got a scooby doo. I was in Sunderland when he was in charge and he couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. He was worse than shocking, he's the reason half the sunderland fans stopped going. Still after reading the paper this morning it seems Gary McAllister is "top of Leicester's wish list." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I don't know who I'd prefer. This season is dead in the water, we'll finish in the bottom half of the table and we'll take 2-3 years to even compete getting out of this league. I think I'm gonna cry.

there's enough of the season left and enough talent in the squad to indicate that if we get the right man in charge it'll all be groovy... thus bassett in charge for any length of time and i'll be crying into my pint of tiger for many hours to come

As a Sunderland fan said on another forum
I'm a Sunderland fan, you're so horribly doomed it's almost not funny

Just wait for Blake or Connolly to posted to the left wing, and for some seriously awful set pieces.

:? :? :( :( :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570