Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
hes too much of a sissy when trying to make tackles thats my only problem with him-hes class when he wants to be.

shame he aint alot more consistent, he could be a good premiership player!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But I would say in recent weeks he has started to add those to his game, he has worked a lot harder and has been more prepared to get stuck in for the cause.

I would still like to be convinced that he isn't doing it just for the sake of putting himself in the shop-window.

bocadillo said:
I would still like to be convinced that he isn't doing it just for the sake of putting himself in the shop-window.

Surely that could be levelled at the majority of the current side then, who all seemed to have improved immensely under Kelly.

bocadillo said:
As I have already said Im with you on this boc. His performances seemed to improve at the same time he realised the move to Man City wasnt gonna come off for him.

People are anti Williams because it is obvious that he is a very talented player. The problem has been that he rarely shows the level of perforamance that you would expect from him.

Hes not shite, he really is a good player.This isnt a player who is massively lacking in talent, he has genuine ability. All I want to see from him is fulfillment of potential.

FoxesGirl said:
TBH Alex, are you ever going to praise the fcukin guy without saying something negative?:102:

I have done a few times on here. I am not a fan who looks to knock our better players, but i have spent a lot of time & effort getting frustrated by Williams' performances in a City shirt. Clearly he has ability, but in the tough days when we needed more than good touches and vision, he seemed to back off from the challenge. I will be the happiest man eating a hat if Gareth Williams genuinely starts showing the form and creativity which made us all so excited when he arrived from Forest. The odd fabulous goal & pass a season doesn't make. I also saw some encouraging things but also a lot of the lazy attitude against Palace however people on here who were at the game reckoned he played great so I bow to that superior opinion. I am not against any Leicester player who plays well for our club; FACT.

I am ashamed to say i have few mates who are f****t fans, they were glad to see the back of him. They say he was unpredictable, unreliable and sometimes although he was on the pitch, you wasn't sure if he turned up or not. If he did turn up, he was excellent

This is what annoys the fook out of me. Passionless

Melton Fox said:
I am ashamed to say i have few mates who are f****t fans, they were glad to see the back of him. They say he was unpredictable, unreliable and sometimes although he was on the pitch, you wasn't sure if he turned up or not. If he did turn up, he was excellent

Hmmmm....

Melton Fox said:

Yes, you should be Melton...:018:

FoxesGirl said:
Yes, you should be Melton...:018:
Meltons full of the fookers. But they are all over 30 and still living in 1979. Fookin' dimwits

I've slated Williams in the past but from what I've seen his performances are improving and he's got the *potential* to be an important player for us. He is indeed *class*.

But....

There was a moment about ten minutes into the Palace game, and I can't remember it too well now, but I think he gave the ball away, and then managed to wrong-foot himself, which looked totally half-hearted, before jogging back behind Joey (whom I thought was largely anonymous) as Palace broke forward. He played well, but it's always there.

THAT'S the annoying part. If I waved my City shirt out the window of a burning building, I'm not sure our Gareth would be the one pulling me to safety. I could see him mumbling about trying to find some help and then go missing until next seen jogging in 20 yards behing the fire engine...

That said, I'd play him at the moment and just try and keep some sort of enormous, fearsome, all-consuming boot firmly up his arse.

That's not a private fantasy, before someone says it...

I think it depends on what floor you were on. If you were on the first 2 floors and he could look a hero in front of all the spectators, he would do it.

However, if you were on any higher floor, and there weren't many people watching, he would probably turn a blind eye until Joey hade done it.

However, if it was 10 storeys up, the news crews had already got there and was going out live to 5,000,000 viewers he would probably attempt something flashy, get you half way down the stairs, realise he was in trouble, and when the cameras couldn't see him he'd drop you and make a dash for the first floor.

You would be dead, however, Williams would come out of the burning building, take all the glory in front of the cameras for what was a brief moment of "ability". The final result wouldn't be what we would have hoped for, but eh, the top firecrew in the country may well be looking for a new recruit & he wouldn't have done his cause any harm at all.

Last edited:
DesertFox said:
THAT'S the annoying part. If I waved my City shirt out the window of a burning building, I'm not sure our Gareth would be the one pulling me to safety. I could see him mumbling about trying to find some help and then go missing until next seen jogging in 20 yards behing the fire engine...

:icon_lol::icon_lol::038:

webmaster said:
That's the annoying thing about him. We know he has the ability but he rarely displays it. Too often he just lets the game drift by, rarely breaking into anything more than a trot, not closing down opponents, not making runs or creating space for himself, just waiting for someone to pass the ball to him. You can't afford to play like that at this level.

So who closed them down to create first goal against palace?

Chrysalis said:
So who closed them down to create first goal against palace?
How many more examples can you think of?

Many, during the palace game he stood out to me as he kept winning the ball, I barely seen joey in the game who everyone seems to adore. I think he is been hard on and could potentially be forced out in the summer because of fan pressure. We need williams for next season after joey leaves. Other people I have spoken to who have seen him in other games since levein left says he has improved in ball winning significantly since craig has gone. But everyone here needs to realise that isnt his strongest part of the game the creativity is. Unrealistic expactation to expect a player to run all over the pitch chasing every ball then create something at the end of all of it, players should conserve their energy for their strengths and primary roles.

You say creation is his game, how many chances does he create a game?

ones I seen, enough.

I dont sit there counting tho so cant answer your question.

My view is he is a quality player, his weakness was tackling but it is improving and he is one of those players that if promoted is good enough to stay in the team.

Chrysalis said:
ones I seen, enough.

I dont sit there counting tho so cant answer your question.

My view is he is a quality player, his weakness was tackling but it is improving and he is one of those players that if promoted is good enough to stay in the team.
At the moment our forwards are on fire, any decent chance and they will bag. However, they are not really prolific are they? We are still not tearing teams apart. Why? because the midfield aren't supplying the quality balls through the middle of the park to split the defence. I don't know the games you are watching to justify the above quote, but I don't see it.

If Williams (& co) were providing enough quality balls per game, the form our strikers are in, we would be scoring 3 or 4 per game, every game, purely on the chances Williams (& co) were creating. But they are not, they are scoring off the chances they make each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669