Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

chappyblue

What do people make of him now? I have always thought he has had the potential, but so far in his city days he has only done it in fits and starts.

That was until RK took over. IMO the lad is playing with so much confidence he is now starting to show us what he can do.

I would have given him MOTM against PALACE he was all over the pitch,and it was his back heel that set us up for the first goal, let alone his never give up attitude that won the ball in the first place.He made some good tackles in the match to.

Might he just be the replacement for Joey, i mean joey isnt the only one who scores great goals is he, just ask Bolton and Norwich.

Is it time for the anti williams muppets to shut there mouths?

Last edited:
chappyblue said:
What do people make of him now? I have always thought he has had the potential, but so far in his city days he has only done it in fits and starts.

That was until RK took over. IMO the lad is playing with so much confidence he is now starting to show us what he can do.

I would have given him MOTM against PALACE he was all over the pitch,and it was his back heel that set us up for the first goal, let alone his never give up attitude that won the ball in h first place.He made some good tackles in the match to.

Might he just be the replacement for Joey, i mean joey isnt the only one who scores great goals is he, just ask Bolton and Norwich.

Is it time for the anti williams muppets to shut there mouths?
:018: If you read the "Palace Match Thread" I think you will see that a lot of posters have given their opinion of Williams.

Not had time to read that yet. The wife has had me decorating all day,ive only jusy finished.

Never mind, im sure people will still give there opinions on this Thread

webmaster said:
No he didn't. He scored a very good goal, but other than that he didn't do much.

and he was at fault for the first goal

chappyblue said:
Not had time to read that yet. The wife has had me decorating all day,ive only jusy finished.

Never mind, im sure people will still give there opinions on this Thread

That's women for you, hope she appreciated all your hard graft.

Yeah no doubt you will get opinions of Williams on this thread as there seems to be a lot of mixed views on his ability to perform in a Leicester shirt.

I`ve being saying since he signed what a superb player Gareth is, he`s not only the best midfielder in our squad he`s the best in the division, the anti Williams "muppets" have been winding me up all season and continue to do so, although I had Webbo down for someone who maybe knew a little bit about the game, obviously not, no one played well at Norwich if the truth be known but that goal was pure and total class, the guy has skill, vision and an ability to create time and space where there is none, we`re damn lucky to have him and long may it continue !

mad biker said:
the guy has skill, vision and an ability to create time and space where there is none

That's the annoying thing about him. We know he has the ability but he rarely displays it. Too often he just lets the game drift by, rarely breaking into anything more than a trot, not closing down opponents, not making runs or creating space for himself, just waiting for someone to pass the ball to him. You can't afford to play like that at this level.

He is`nt, nor would I wan`t him to be, a headless chicken, Savage type of player, I am told people used to critisize Gary Mac in the same way, being "lazy" you choose to only see the worst in him, I`ll admit he is a luxury type of player but with our current front 2 he is very important as he`ll be the one to find the killer pass for them to run on to, also, his work rate is not as bad as you make it out to be, we`ll have to agree to differ on him I suppose but I am very confident that if he stay`s with us long term I`ll be the one saying "told you so" more often than you and the many other anti Williams brigade !

mad biker said:
He is`nt, nor would I wan`t him to be, a headless chicken, Savage type of player, I am told people used to critisize Gary Mac in the same way, being "lazy" you choose to only see the worst in him, I`ll admit he is a luxury type of player but with our current front 2 he is very important as he`ll be the one to find the killer pass for them to run on to, also, his work rate is not as bad as you make it out to be, we`ll have to agree to differ on him I suppose but I am very confident that if he stay`s with us long term I`ll be the one saying "told you so" more often than you and the many other anti Williams brigade !

A few weeks ago after what I thought had been a string of poor performances from him I decided to focus on him for part of the game rather than just watch the ball. It confirmed what I'd previously thought about him. He continually jogged around the pitch 20 yards behind play without breaking sweat, so unless someone passes the ball to him he's unlikely to have possession because he's not in the right place at the right time to get involved.
it was the Reading game, and there were loads of balloons on the pitch a few minutes into the game, so the ref stopped the game so they could be burst. Williams stood with his hands on his hips surrounded by these balloons but made no attempt to do anything about it, while Joey and the ref burst them. I think that sums up his whole attitude, he thinks he's too good to have to put much effort in, that's what the other players are for.

He probably is a 'luxury' player that will occasionally make the 'killer' pass that will shred a defence for Hume and Fryatt to run on to.

The problem is most of our team are 6 in shorter and 2 stone lighter than the opposition, and are constantly muscled off the ball.

Who are you going to put alongside Williams to now cover 2 players and put in the 'killer' tackle to win the ball for him to then do his potentially match-winning 'luxury' stuff.

I think the majority of fans do not want a headless chicken but do want to see all the team grafting and showing physical comittment. Thats why Sylla gets a lot of stick - 10 mins of brilliance and 80 mins of wandering around watching everyone else play. Though to be fair he did make a proper tackle on Friday!

webmaster said:
That's the annoying thing about him. We know he has the ability but he rarely displays it. Too often he just lets the game drift by, rarely breaking into anything more than a trot, not closing down opponents, not making runs or creating space for himself, just waiting for someone to pass the ball to him. You can't afford to play like that at this level.

Completely agree.

webmaster said:

The really annoying thing is that often for a 10-20 minute he will do all of the above, but then he will do the jogging around routine as if he's got the attitude of 'well I've put in my work for the day now'.

I think he does know what he's supposed to be doing, he just can be arsed

Bollocks, Williams worked as hard as anybody on friday night, and he was putting tackles in and tracking back, why dont people start to give him credit, since Kelly has taken over, Williams has worked harder on the defensive side of the game and his work rate has improved greatly, add this to his footballing ability and we now have a player who is effective and having an influence on matches, his tackle and pass set up the first goal and you could see how much confidence this gave him.

Lets get behind him and support him, he seems to be a confidence player and if he can continue to improve and work on the weaknesses then we will have a superb player for next season.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Bollocks, Williams worked as hard as anybody on friday night, and he was putting tackles in and tracking back, why dont people start to give him credit, since Kelly has taken over, Williams has worked harder on the defensive side of the game and his work rate has improved greatly, add this to his footballing ability and we now have a player who is effective and having an influence on matches, his tackle and pass set up the first goal and you could see how much confidence this gave him.

Lets get behind him and support him, he seems to be a confidence player and if he can continue to improve and work on the weaknesses then we will have a superb player for next season.

This is closer to my point of view. Ditto Hughes. My only criticism would be they allow them selves to be out muscled from time to time and that their thought processes are a bit too sharp for some of the other players. :087: :icon_conf :icon_wink ;)

webmaster said:

That would seem to sum the situation up for me. Lets hope his recent performances are indicative of a change in attitude.

Wesolowski & Williams would be a good pairing in midfield.

The only comment i'll make regarding the sort of player williams is is "class". that sums it up. whether or not a classy player can survive in this division is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566