Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour, from another Forum, is that he failed to let CL know he was ill when he should have been training. He called Dublin and Dublin failed to pass the message on.

Until you have 3rd party confirmation just treat this as the best (if not necessarily truthful) answer yet. ;)

Lets be honest though its no great loss. He has been poor this season and I for one would not be sad to see him leave. 'Overated' and 'underperforming' sum him up best.

He's doesnt score, hes usless when the game is tight and his corners are shite.

Its no surprise that we have started scoring from set plays in Williams absence.

it was on Radio Leicester about him leaving at halftime v. Burnley without permission.

in regards to the other rumour, i don't think he would've been given disciplinary action if it had been something as simple as a misunderstanding like that.

Steven said:
He called Dublin and Dublin failed to pass the message on.
Bloody troublemaker....

Don't think we'll see him in a City shirt again. No loss IMO. Bye Gareth :039:, mind the door doesn't trap one of your fashionable but lazy and hugely overrated feet as it slams behind you.

What a bunch of ass holes you all are, Williams is not only our best midfielder but the best midfielder in our division, pure quality, vision, skill and the ability to create time and space, if he has played his last game for us I`ll be gutted !

mad biker said:
What a bunch of ass holes you all are, Williams is not only our best midfielder but the best midfielder in our division, pure quality, vision, skill and the ability to create time and space, if he has played his last game for us I`ll be gutted !

Pick your targets. ;)

the lad has underperformed this season, but no way would i want to see him leave the club. he is a player who on his day can make things happen, the through balls he played against stoke were to perfection and he brings something different to the game

mad biker said:

i'm not doubting his ability MB but i think we can count on less than 10 fingers the good performances we've seen from him.

maybe it's the formation that doesn't suit his style maybe we just haven't found the right player for him to be alongside with, i don't know.

The lad has talent MB, but hehas to deliver it on a regular basis - and fight when things are not going our way. I don't believe the fans have seen enough of this in his time here (but being an X-tree doesn't help).

I hope that Levein will get the best out of him - but he hasn't yet and that is 12 months.

mad biker said:

The fact that has has the potential to be a class act makes it all the more irritating that he's been ineffective and uninterested the whole time he's been here. What has he actually contributed?

I've not seen a lot of games from here, but what I have seen (and at least I've seen a few) tallies with many of the views on here. OK, he doesn't show much in the way of passion, commitment or enthusiasm, and that's what a lot of people like to see (and base their opinions on) which can often make bad players look good.

But from a more practical point of view... He doesn't get forward enough, he doesn't take shots, he doesn't score goals, he doesn't stamp any authority on the game, his passing, whilst sometimes exquisite, is at best erratic, his set pieces are shite....

You've got to be a good team to carry an enigmatic genius who is prone to sulking/skiving through games, but at the moment we ain't that team.

And I don't really think that Gareth is a genius either. Enigmatic, yes. Talented, certainly. But worth the bother? Not for me, MB.

Which I guess makes me an asshole! :icon_roll ;)

mad biker said:
the best midfielder in our division, pure quality, vision, skill and the ability to create time and space

I assume this is in training? :icon_conf :icon_wink

I think it's 50 games now (8 as sub) with only a handful of decent performances and 1 league goal (plus 2 in the FA cup). He ain't doing it. We won't miss him.

mad biker said:

I take it you rate him then!

But how interested is he in playing for Leicester City?

Good shout MB.

If we are going to be successful then we need to find a place for our most talented players, and in my opinion Williams fits into that category.

Simply slagging off players who do not die for the cause in every game, in today's football is short sighted.

I'm with MB on this one. We only have two creative midfielders who can play in the centre. Hughes and Williams, I think they both need a decent defensive midfielder to play with and at the moment I don't think we have one of those.

Williams has talent of that there is no doubt, when he starts to use it and apply it to games on a consistent basis he will be worty of a shirt until then he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566