Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

Get rid? Would anyone take him off our hands?

Lazy and slapdash. Saturday was his big chance and he demonstrated that he does not give a toss. I preferred Nalis - he may have the speed of a frail snail but at least he can pass and would get stuck in (and yes, I am aware that we have successfully nullified him in two games this season, but still!).

I do not want to hear the words 'skill' and 'potential' used in conjunction with Williams again - these are attributes demonstrated on the football pitch against proper opposition, not in training.

What really grates is that the first couple of games he looked like he might be going to play in the way his admirers claim he can. Then it drifted away again.

This is more of a worry than it might be because Hughes appears to be considering a flatshare with Lee Morris. So for creative midfielders this leaves Wesolowski when fit - a big rep but a teenager who has yet to play for the first team...

Oh dear, I am being negative today. Right, I really like the look of Gerrbrand and am impressed at the improvement of McCarthy. ;)

last week i said that we should keep him for his ability, but that was with not seeing the lad play until saturday again. on saturday i found him very hard to watch as i resent such a blatent half arsed twat playing in a city shirt

He didnt look like he had fire in his belly did he? I wonder if his early shot had gone in if it might have sparked him a little? You can't afford any passengers in this Div, you need all 11 on regulo 9.

IMO the reason we are in the position we are in is because of the inconsistency displayed by our so called "creative players". The likes of Hughes, Williams, Sylla, Hamill have all had very inconsistent starts to the season, they may well be for differing reasons, but on the whole our creative spark has somewhat been misfiring. This inconsistency level has not been from game to game but actually over 90 minutes, one minute a piece of brilliance but over the next 10 - 20 mediocrity, IMO not one of these players has as yet strung together a decent performance for a whole match, they drift in and out too much and that is a luxury we can ill afford.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO the reason we are in the position we are in is because of the inconsistency displayed by our so called "creative players". The likes of Hughes, Williams, Sylla, Hamill have all had very inconsistent starts to the season, they may well be for differing reasons, but on the whole our creative spark has somewhat been misfiring. This inconsistency level has not been from game to game but actually over 90 minutes, one minute a piece of brilliance but over the next 10 - 20 mediocrity, IMO not one of these players has as yet strung together a decent performance for a whole match, they drift in and out too much and that is a luxury we can ill afford.

Can you remind me of the pieces of brilliance Steve??..... :102: ;)

Sylla and Williams are both capable, and have shown on very few occasions, the undoubted technical ability that they possess, be it a step over or a back heel or a 50 yard crossfield pass. The problem lies in the fact that very often there is no end product or that that it is in areas where it cannot hurt the opposition.

How's it going Luke ? Are you going to Burnley away ?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Sylla and Williams are both capable, and have shown on very few occasions, the undoubted technical ability that they possess, be it a step over or a back heel or a 50 yard crossfield pass. The problem lies in the fact that very often there is no end product or that that it is in areas where it cannot hurt the opposition.

How's it going Luke ? Are you going to Burnley away ?

I will be there mate, will you?

I will, for my sins. Give me a shout if you fancy sampling the delights of a night out in Preston on the friday.

Last edited:
I will give you a shout before the game if you fancy meeting up? Out in Nottingham on the Friday.

DurhamFox said:
I will give you a shout before the game if you fancy meeting up? Out in Nottingham on the Friday.

That should be a good night Durham especially after Weymouth have knocked em out the cup:icon_lol:

Chuck T Masala said:
He didnt look like he had fire in his belly did he? I wonder if his early shot had gone in if it might have sparked him a little? You can't afford any passengers in this Div, you need all 11 on regulo 9.
Generous to call it a shot, he had ages to line it up and it finished nearer the halfway line than when he put a foot to it. It was right in front of me, even my grandson said he was going to score, he's an optimist like me, but we didn't expect what happened. I think the rest of the game got no better for him as he did his disappearing act. Shame, so much talent wasted on somebody who doesn't want to use it. Same story as when he was with the Trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566