Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be a usefull squad member if fully fit and would accept reasonable salary, IMO a wide midfielder is our top priority

If fully fit and still as good as he used to be, why only a squad member. Why not serious contention for Nugent's place?

I woukd take him. Nugent needs some serious competition.

I'd like to think we've moved on from this type of player, but if he can show any kind of form he's capable of then definitely useful to have in the squad.

Thankfully nobody has used the phrase "can do a job for us" although "useful member of the squad" comes close. You get automatic promotion by having players who are too good for the Championship. It seemed that Nigel had done that last year with Chris Wood but there was less to him than met the eye.

Nigel needs to get rid of as many of the average Championship players (Gallagher, Waghorn, Danns, St Ledger) as he can and use the money to buy one player: a tall striker who is too good for this league. Vardy has already improved this season and with a new Brian Deane could be our new Paul Dickov.

No shite past it big time charlies on stooopid money please, Santa

Utter shite and past it after his injury, wanted by no one with any sense, undoubtedly demanding a massive wage. Avoid like the feckin' plague

To be honest, I actualy agree with your point BM, but if I hadn't done it someone else would've!

Ebanks-Blake would seem like a good shout to me. At 27, he's not exactly past it! I'd say at that age coming back from injury, he's a player with a point to prove.... seems like the right kind of signing to me!

Haha! Good spot.

I take all Homeywomeypants' points on board. He might be right, he is about the seats at the KP after all.. But I have always liked SEB when I have watched him.... Is he better than Chris Wood though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363