Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Is it safe to buy things of the internet when connected wirelessly? we have a password etc to be able to log on to our network but i just got to the card detail part on cd wow and there was no padlock.....

If there is no padlock then I wouldn't do it. You are after SSL of at least 32 bit. 128-bit SSL seems the standard now.

Is it safe to buy things of the internet when connected wirelessly? we have a password etc to be able to log on to our network but i just got to the card detail part on cd wow and there was no padlock.....

What security do you have set up on your wireless connection?

If you are using WEP it won't be very secure at all, WPA is an awful lot more secure but either way, if you want to be safe don't do it wirelessly whether it's a secure site or not.

The SSL is not related to your wireless connection. You either do or dont decide to buy over your wireless connection and then make the same decision with the Secure Socker Layer

Just do it you fanny - you are protected any way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only un-safe part to wireless if there is someone within range of your wireless trying to get access to your internet? (eg someone sitting in a car outside) :102:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only un-safe part to wireless if there is someone within range of your wireless trying to get access to your internet? (eg someone sitting in a car outside) :102:

Yeh thats about right - watch out for neighbors too!

exactly, so it's about as likely to happen as leicester winning a game!!!

What security do you have set up on your wireless connection?

If you are using WEP it won't be very secure at all, WPA is an awful lot more secure but either way, if you want to be safe don't do it wirelessly whether it's a secure site or not.
it is wep it it really possible to change it?

it was stereophonics new album that i was going to order but i got it for free today so i dont need to now anyway!

should i avoid using my card then if i only have WEP macky :102:

it was stereophonics new album that i was going to order but i got it for free today so i dont need to now anyway!

chill out!! the chances of someone getting your card details from your wireless netwrk is probably millions to one with wep, wpa or no security at all!!

It's up to yourself dd, there is a slight risk in that you'll be broadcasting your card details over a not very secure medium.

If you can enable WPA you should, or I should say I would, WEP is crackable in minutes.
Idealy, if it's a wireless router that you're using & it has an ethernet port you can connect directly to then that would be the best way to go.

i would macky but i have no idea how to:102:

do you not leave the house in case you get ran over by a bus? Theres more chance of that happening than a super slick hacker being in range of your wireless network at the exact point you transmit that peice of info across the air waves.

do you not leave the house in case you get ran over by a bus? Theres more chance of that happening than a super slick hacker being in range of your wireless network at the exact point you transmit that peice of info across the air waves.
i really dont know how it works durham i was only asking

I appreciate that but you would be extremely unlucky for their to be a problem mate.

In fairness though DF, somebody grabbing your card details isn't the only concern with an insecure network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669