Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you go to a restaurant, have a nice meal, few beers, waiter brings the bill, you put your credit card on the plate with the bill, waiter comes back, takes your card away and comes back five minutes later, you say thanks, chuck a couple of quid on the table as a tip and say goodnight.

Just how encrypted was that then?

So, you go to a restaurant, have a nice meal, few beers, waiter brings the bill, you put your credit card on the plate with the bill, waiter comes back, takes your card away and comes back five minutes later, you say thanks, chuck a couple of quid on the table as a tip and say goodnight.

Just how encrypted was that then?

Is it a Chip & PIN card?

Is it a Chip & PIN card?

Makes no difference, once they have the number and have swiped it through their cloning machine.

My work colleague had his (chip & pin) debit card cloned and they took him for £1800 in just a week, and he never uses it online!

People who think using your card on the net is more risky than using it in a shop are ill informed.

People can hack your pin details when you are inputting your pin into the machine from anywhere.

There was a whole program on it on the real hustle.

Makes no difference, once they have the number and have swiped it through their cloning machine.

My work colleague had his (chip & pin) debit card cloned and they took him for £1800 in just a week, and he never uses it online!

No reason for then to take the card away from you at the table,they should be able to complete any Credit Card transaction in front of you using a 'portable' hand held machine.

WEP and WPA can make a difference as if you have WEP a hacker would normally need to use Linux (backtrack) run airsnort to start searching for the packets which are being sent across your network as you are browsing, they would then need to capture around 1,000,000 packets, dump them into aircrack with airodump which shpuld start to crack the key. Using WPA they would need to do the same process but capture more packets around 2,000,000 and then dump the packets into aircrack but it normally will take longer to crack the passphrase as it is not a key and can be harder to crack most time as it is encrypted. They would then need to stick a keylogger on your network to collect the info you type in. I doubt you will have anyone around you which can do any of that. So you would be 99% certain that nothing would happen. If it is un-secure i would add a WEP at least then move onto a WPA. I buy things online all the time. In the future just go for it, it will be fine.

Hope that helps.

WEP and WPA can make a difference as if you have WEP a hacker would normally need to use Linux (backtrack) run airsnort to start searching for the packets which are being sent across your network as you are browsing, they would then need to capture around 1,000,000 packets, dump them into aircrack with airodump which shpuld start to crack the key. Using WPA they would need to do the same process but capture more packets around 2,000,000 and then dump the packets into aircrack but it normally will take longer to crack the passphrase as it is not a key and can be harder to crack most time as it is encrypted. They would then need to stick a keylogger on your network to collect the info you type in. I doubt you will have anyone around you which can do any of that. So you would be 99% certain that nothing would happen. If it is un-secure i would add a WEP at least then move onto a WPA. I buy things online all the time. In the future just go for it, it will be fine.

Hope that helps.

I'm sure it will for people looking to hack into other peoples home networks, well done! :icon_roll

So that's where you get all your money from is it!!! :biggrin:

I'm sure it will for people looking to hack into other peoples home networks, well done! :icon_roll

So that's where you get all your money from is it!!! :biggrin:

I'd doubt it, his instructions are a bit wide of the mark.

Hope that helps.

fludies guide to (crap) unethical hacking? :102::icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673