Wolves fire McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Gone with immediate effect report SSN, TalkSport etc etc

Right decision but there are no stand-out names available. Can only assume it will be a less high-profile manager.

A little harsh! still joint 16th, proven record of keeping them up. Good manager, but not sure about 5live asking whether he has a shout at the england job though!

Last edited:
Hmm seems a little harsh, but you can't say they've not given him time. They really struggled last season and just one win in 13 isn't really good enough... They really need to make sure they retain their Premier League status because I think they could struggle to get back up if they get relegated.

Difficult to imagine Wolves playing worse football than recently. McCarthy has retreated into total negativity. For the recent FA Cup replay at home to Birmingham he picked a not fit for purpose side and provided a live coverage match with about the worst entertainment value on record. The match should have been stopped to spare the public futher punishment after 10 minutes and a coin tossed. Sorry Mick but you lost the plot.

He should have been sacked the day he paid money for Stearman.

He signed Stearman when they were in the Championship, the level where he proved to be very capable for us.

He's had his fair share of embarassing moments in the Prem but he must have been doing something right for MM to keep faith in him.

Seems harsh to me. Having said that, they were abysmal against West Brom yesterday. Their defence was all over the shop and from watching that, I'd expect them to go down. WBA could've had more than five.

Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock are joint favourites to replace him... both recently sacked because their clubs didn't trust them to keep in the PL!

I think Steve Bruce will probably be the man for the job. From what I've heard Warnock wants the Leeds job... God, can you imagine that?

Brighton approached for permission to talk to Poyet according to Mirror.

Paddy Power said on TalkSport earlier that Roy Keane had entered the betting.

Gawd help them although I'm sure the irony wouldn't be lost on McCarthy.

Turned down by Walter Smith

Not sure they could sink any lower, to be honest - although Martin Alllen is available....

Never ceases to amaze me when a club sacks a manager only to have absolutely no plan on who, or how, to replace the bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566