Wolves Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1 FT oh well its better than nothing but from what i heard i cant help but feel we just dropped 2 points. still in 15th though and looking to brighton away. lets not drop points to them though

Dissapointing only to get a point but 3 on Saturday and we'll be Ok.Don't quite know why we sat back after scoring :?

we've been a 1 point team most of the season! Still Stevens sex change can keep your mind off anything! And he used to be such a nice boy...

Graz said:
Full time, 1-1

Sounded like a good performance, disappointing result :(

The last ten minutes where dire, the player where panicking, not one could kick the ball, let alone pass it.

Why put Nalis on?? Disastrous....and MDV was truly woeful tonight. Should have been 3-1 too and the ref was so biased he was actually wearing a Wolves strip in the first half.

beltonfox said:
the ref was so biased he was actually wearing a Wolves strip in the first half.

Levein: "At the start of the game we suggested to the referee his yellow shirt was too close for comfort to the orange colour Wolves wore but he told us there wouldn't be a problem.

"But then at half-time he changes it to black.

"I don't know if it had any bearing on the decision to disallow our goal but when our players were down with the referee and the linesman in the corner it was definitely mentioned."

:eek:

But yes, the ref was awful, no flow to the game at all with the amount of times he blew the whistle.

It was not a good performance I'm afraid. I can't remember any point in the game where we stringed more than about 5 passes together.

Would agree about MDV - I think most of us have been very patient and supporting of him so far, but unless a miracle happens, he looks to be a very poor purchase.

But one thing I did notice - City came alive when everyone starting singing the 'Craig Levein's Blue and White Army' chant. That was awesome! And about 6 minutes later (I'm sure spurred on by the support - especially because the hub of it was right in front of him), Maybury skinned the right back and slotted home a lovely goal!

And I'm sorry but I think Gillespie is just terrible! After we scored the goal, he must have given the ball away 4 or 5 times, which I'm sure lead to Wolves eventually winning a corner and then scoring the equaliser. He has none of the attributes a winger should have - Pace, skill, vision and crossing ability. Sure his corners are quite good but in open play, pretty awful.

Feel free to agree/disagree!

i thought we played quite well and thought paddy and shugs (hughes) played particularly well and i actually thought the passing was a great improvement on past performances, the crowd were fantastic the best at the walkers and cetainly gave the team a twelth man for 20 mins-give yourselves a pat on the back lads :D
Gillespie had a good first half but had a mare in the second ;-) he has improved tremendously on previous outings devries has great feet for a big man but alas lacks in the air :roll: his firts flick of the night was 20 seconds after conners went off :roll: but lets not get too despondent we need to look forwards not back and IMO the futures BLUE :D

Definitely! I'm really, really looking forward to next season because as you said, a couple of the new players are looking extremely solid (Hughes, McCarthy).

We just need to get rid of the poo - And although I agree that Gillespie has improved, he still falls into that category :?

The sustained BLUWARMEH chant was brilliant, and it really felt like we had contributed to the goal. What was also good was the level of abuse the crowd gave the ref about his decisions, that got us all going.

Anyone on here part of the group who have become The Phantom Raspberry Blowers of Ol'Walkers Town in F2? If you sit there you will know what I'm talking about.....kept me laughing for ages.

lazzer said:
DF how are you doin? we cant keep meeting like this at the game :D

I'm good mate. I was sitting close to you last night but couldnt attract your attention.

I must just asume you always hang around in or around the gents :lol:

Hows you?

im good DF i think i should move the half time base further up the concourse :D

DurhamFox said:
I'm good mate. I was sitting close to you last night but couldnt attract your attention.
:eek:
lazzer's first and last stalker...

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675