Wolves post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so glad we beat Wolves hate them dull match though, glad i sat in the away end!

Id hate for someone to PM the goals aswell.

anybody know why weslowski was subbed after coming on as a sub?
He picked up a knock after 10 minutes and made the bench aware of it. Hopefully just precautionery, but I have my doubts, I feel really sorry for the lad, but I don't think we will ever see him fully fit.

I wonder what Dorkwolf thinks about today. :081:

Imo Mick McCarthy probaly was about right when he said ' we were very poor in the first half, and they (leicester) were not much better'.
It was a good result but one which i've no doubt in the coming weeks will prove that it was just papering over the cracks.

REPEAT AFTER ME:

'We are going up, say we are going up!'

I think most of us will be happy that we can start to think about singing, "We are staying up" with greater certainty!

I have the worst cold in the world :icon_sad: but we won for once!!!:038: :038: :038: Are these our first points since Stoke!!?!?! :icon_eek:

It's the first time we have got three points since the Stoke game, but we did take a single point off Plymouth.

Last edited:
Nothings going to stop this train! We're all getting off at the last stop! That's the premiership. Kelly is the man to fulfil our dreams! Come on city!

It must be better than the ****er that London branch took back last night then. Slow crawl to Rugby and then diverted via Northampton FFS! We were still better off though than the poor sods wanting to go northbound - no Virgin trains were leaving Euston and intending passengers were having to get a Silverlink to Milton Keynes where they could transfer to a bus for Rugby where their northbound trains would be waiting for them.

anybody know why weslowski was subbed after coming on as a sub?

About 8 minutes after he came on, I saw him momentarily pull up after a tackle. No contact in the tackle but it seemed to me that he felt a twinge in the area of his right hip. I'm sure that his substitution was just to protect him - or perhaps having in the past been not only a substitute for a substitute but also a substituted player whose substitute was later substituted, he decided that he wanted to complete the set by being a substituted substitute.

Weso didn't look right to me, he is certainly lacking in fitness. Shows how important the reserve league was....

agreed IMO players came back alot quicker when the league was in place

And what is even more important, they came back match-fit.

Imo Mick McCarthy probaly was about right when he said ' we were very poor in the first half, and they (leicester) were not much better'.
It was a good result but one which i've no doubt in the coming weeks will prove that it was just papering over the cracks.

Firstly - we needed the points and I see the context as being us still being in limbo until things get sorted and being thankful for any points that take some pressure off what will be hopefully a new start...and sorry Rob, a new manager.

Secondly - this was the battle of the dire...and why Wolves took on a loser like Mick McCarthy astonishes me - his win: games played ratio since August 2005 must be appalling. This is also a reminder that so called experienced managers are not always a wise choice - tho' this one always looked foolish.

Thirdly - I agree with you, I too don't expect us to be able to build on the Wolves result over any significant length of time - tho' hopefully, I would expect a back to back win situation come next week's game with Barnsley.

Reminds me very much of the Levein era, Kelly does seem to have a similar knack of securing a result just when the pressure is mounting, I agree with Brauny it is papering over the cracks, this result as welcome as it is, does only prevent the inevitable for that little while longer.

Don't give a shit how we played, really - three points away at Wolves is a feckin' godsend right now

I don't think anyone expects this to be the dawn of a new golden age, but if it gives that little bit of extra confidence it could herald a better run of games. The fact that they regained a lead late on rather than caving in after an equaliser as they have done too often could be psychologically important.

There are few decent sides in the division, and the lesson for the team from this game is that they don't have to be better than they are capable of - just do a little bit better on the day than the other side.

I don't think anyone expects this to be the dawn of a new golden age, but if it gives that little bit of extra confidence it could herald a better run of games. The fact that they regained a lead late on rather than caving in after an equaliser as they have done too often could be psychologically important.

Thats what I was thinking OG, we got a bit of luck on Saturday, we have Barnsley on Saturday and an out-form Cardiff the week after. Hopefully, the confidence can come through, after all this division is not great in class, it's just a question of attitude, organisation, motivation and confidence.

Apart from probably about 5 teams (Brum, Soton, Sunderland, West Brom and Southend), there is hardly no difference in the quality of player.

Great result. Nice to get back into the swing of things.

Levi did well there he still had plenty to do and showed good pace to knock it past the defender despite it being the dying seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669