Woman killed in nightclub crush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murder on the dancefloor

A woman has died and at least eight other people have been injured, two critically, at a club in Northampton.

Nabila Nanfuka, 22, of Neasden, north-west London, died in Lava and Ignite nightclub in St Peter's Street in the early hours of the morning.

Up to 1,300 people were believed to have been at the dance music event. Police said the injuries were all thought to be the result of crushing.

As this is a tragic story I'm not going to draw attention to that poor lady's surname.

sorry pompeyfox, failing to see the humour in the tragic death of a young woman.
why has a mod not deleted this?

superb, isn't that obvious?

This is local to me and I know people who have both worked there and been there on a night out. I'm with MK on this, not sure quite where the humour lies.

Seriously matt, a joke about a young woman's death isn't offensive?
If it needs spelling out, there's no point mate

Seriously matt, a joke about a young woman's death isn't offensive?
If it needs spelling out, there's no point mate

I don't see the difference between this and people making "last hot pot" jokes about the actress from Corrie.

I don't see the difference between this and people making "last hot pot" jokes about the actress from Corrie.

What about the death list thread?

I don't think she would have been on anyone's list. And prob wouldn't qualify as famous either.

No no no. I meant to suggest that the death list thread is (or can be) equally offensive.

No no no. I meant to suggest that the death list thread is (or can be) equally offensive.
Did I really need to put a wink icon at the end of that?
As for being offensive, the original thread title may turn out not to be far off the mark. Suggestions are that there were considerably more people in the nightclub than was safe. Manslaughter charges may well follow.
And if you can't laugh at her surname, then you may as well jump in the box with her. I use the word 'you' in the plural form, for clarity.

Last edited:

Yes, point taken, but people know what that thread is all about and treat it accordingly, just random threads making light of the death of a young girl is a completely different matter.

Maybe I'm just being over sensitive with it being a local issue, a place frequented by both friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669