World snooker ( The Crucible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Well done to one of our own , Mark Selby who tonight qualified for the world snooker championships at the Crucible (Sheffield). Mark won 10-4 in the final qualifier despite his opponent scoring a 147 for only the 7th time in the competitions history. Mark still plays for the First Break snooker club in division 1 of the everards pool league, and i've already had the privilege of being beaten by him in the pool league this season. Good luck to him in the big one:038: .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/4806402.stm

All the best Mark. He plays at Club 147 in town, I play there from time to time. I've seen him there a couple of times.

I prefer to play at Riley's/Willie Thorne's. Far better tables and beers IMO.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
All the best Mark. He plays at Club 147 in town, I play there from time to time. I've seen him there a couple of times.

I prefer to play at Riley's/Willie Thorne's. Far better tables and beers IMO.

Will be playing against the 147club in the pool league in a few weeks. I think the guy that runs the place is now become Marks guru. Thats no bad thing cos he took the current world champion Sean Murphy under his wing.

well done Mark, beat that O'Sullivan knob.

Joe_Fox said:
well done Mark, beat that O'Sullivans knob.

:icon_eek: I would rather he just beat him at pool rather then start playing with O'Sullivans c*ck

I here bad things about Mr.Selby taking part in Charity Pool Tournament against complete novices.

£250 prize, team competition, Half of bar's money went to Charity and half of the entry fee also.

Selby and his mate Tom Ford whipped everybody and then despite both of them being professionals refused to donate any of the money to Charity on which they had won. They won the tournament and went straight back home. Everyone else was half pissed and them two were sober.

Hazzman said:
I here bad things about Mr.Selby taking part in Charity Pool Tournament against complete novices.

£250 prize, team competition, Half of bar's money went to Charity and half of the entry fee also.

Selby and his mate Tom Ford whipped everybody and then despite both of them being professionals refused to donate any of the money to Charity on which they had won. They won the tournament and went straight back home. Everyone else was half pissed and them two were sober.

Sounds like your typical snooker player! :icon_lol:

Hazzman said:

Sounds like a News of the World exclusive.:icon_roll

Mark is a decent chap, i can vouch for that;) .

Fantastic performance tonight by Mark Selby. He really looked the part, and i feel that this result is a major breakthrough in his career. The elite top 16 is not far away and if your true Leicester you should be pleased with his efforts.:038:

Brauny Blue said:
Fantastic performance tonight by Mark Selby. He really looked the part, and i feel that this result is a major breakthrough in his career. The elite top 16 is not far away and if your true Leicester you should be pleased with his efforts.:038:

No doubt about it Brauny - I've even got Showaddywaddy and Mark Morrison records!!!! :eek: :018: :icon_eek: :icon_razz

Fox From The Hudd said:
No doubt about it Brauny - I've even got Showaddywaddy and Mark Morrison records!!!! :eek: :018: :icon_eek: :icon_razz
Will you be buying Dave Bartrams new version of Hey Rock 'n' Roll in time for the world cup, Hey England.

I imagine lots of pint glasses banging on tables during the summer.

Hey Engerland, Bang , Bang, Bang

I used to have an A2 sized Showaddywaddy poster on my bedroom wall when I was a kid, love 'em. They used to come into the pub my Mum used to work at in the afternoons. During holiday times they used to play footy with me. Although I knew who they were, I couldn't fully appreciate it as I was very young

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570