Worth a go for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
Ian Walker let the ball slip through is legs and into the goal, Ian Walker thought he was inside his area and caught the ball when he was nearer to the half way line.

Would you rather have the 2 in goal now or Ian Walker?

Not that bothered really, any of the 3 are infinatley better then Pressman.

Given the choice though

Douglas
Walker
Henderson

Duzza said:
Not that bothered really, any of the 3 are infinatley better then Pressman.

Given the choice though

Douglas
Walker
Henderson
Walker
Pressman
Douglas

Whilst question marks hang over the current 2 keepers, I hardly see an ageing and overweight has been as the answer, surely we need to look forward and if one of either Douglas or Henderson can be moved on, then a decent replacement can be bought in, however as recent results have proved we can still get decent results without a top class keeper.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Whilst question marks hang over the current 2 keepers, I hardly see an ageing and overweight has been as the answer, surely we need to look forward and if one of either Douglas or Henderson can be moved on, then a decent replacement can be bought in, however as recent results have proved we can still get decent results without a top class keeper.
I don't think it's question marks hanging over the current 2 GK's, it's Michael Hutchence's sex toys.

Whilst Pressman is obviously not the answer, I was merely observing how bad I believe the current GK situation is, and given the choice (assuming there is no other) I would have him back over those two tomorrow

Melton Fox said:
I don't think it's question marks hanging over the current 2 GK's, it's Michael Hutchence's sex toys.

Whilst Pressman is obviously not the answer, I was merely observing how bad I believe the current GK situation is, and given the choice (assuming there is no other) I would have him back over those two tomorrow

24 points in the last 12 league games, IMO suggests that whilst they both provide a few jitters, we are hardly shipping goals left, right and centre, if we can get rid of one in the summer then fine and spend the money on a replacement, but if we cannot then it would be foolish to sign yet another keeper when funds will be at a premium, there are other areas that require attention and strengthening first.

henderson 2 clean sheets recently, which is more than can be said for fosseboy83 and his weak bladder

I would shade Henderson over Douglas now he has had a run. Are they both really that bad compared to other goalies in this division.
Or are people thinking we should have a premiership goalie in place before we even reach the play-offs?
I would much rather spend the money, if any, on a couple of big outfield players that will not get knocked off the ball!

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
I would much rather spend the money, if any, on a couple of big outfield players that will not get knocked off the ball!

Pressman?

I would shade Henderson over Douglas now he has had a run. Are they both really that bad compared to other goalies in this division.
Or are people thinking we should have a premiership goalie in place before we even reach the play-offs?

The guy at West Ham,I think Fletcher is his name.Out of contract soon I believe.

I'm with you on this one Mike, Henderson has done a good job since coming in for Rab and one big thing that Rab was not doing IMO, pulling off saves to gain the team points. I was saying ages back that I could not remember Rab doing this once, whereas Hendo has pulled off some very important saves. Yes his kicking can be wayward, but I feel he has got better the more games he is having and how many mistakes has he made that have cost us a goal or points?
They are both very compitent championship keepers and do not think we have to go out of our way to replace them.
As it has been said lets spend the money on the midfield and get that looking better than it is.

highland fox said:
The guy at West Ham,I think Fletcher is his name.Out of contract soon I believe.

Great shout, Highland Fox, would make a decent replacement for Johannes.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
er yes pressman is hardly mobile is he :102: :icon_lol:

Seen highlights of him today, one shot went through his arms and into the goal and then he pulled off a great save in the last minute.

I am called Pressman by the college footie team, that and the JellyBaby, they made me play in all red one day.

Henderson is still learning and although dodgy on crosses. I feel alot more confident with him than Rab the Bricklayer.

Last edited:
end of the day no matter how many names we suggests rk will probs sign someone else-unless he takes transfer advice from fans forums (and if hes given the job of course)

Melton Fox said:
You'll probably get ridiculed for that, but IMO that's not too bad an idea.

I thought Pressman was given a tough time when he was here, the only really big thing he did wrong was letting that goalkeepr score. Apart from that he put in some blinding performances.

He is certainly better than the 2 imbociles we have at the mo

That is the stupidist thing I have ever heard.

Whoever mentioned Jimmy Walker earlier is spot on imo. Good solid keeper who was exceptional at walsall when he kept them in the division for a couple of years. would of been regular at west ham if hadn't got injured and forced them to go and buy carroll

alex said:
How about the one where Homer and HF ried to pretend they weren't lovers?
Now that was funny, ridiculous, but funny

Melton Fox said:
Is it really? You haven't lived :icon_lol:

Oh come on. You berate Maybury but then make a staggering claim like that.Pressman was fooking useless, way way past his best. He was like a giant oak falling whenever he dived.

Your a sensationalist.

lurchio said:
Whoever mentioned Jimmy Walker earlier is spot on imo. Good solid keeper who was exceptional at walsall when he kept them in the division for a couple of years. would of been regular at west ham if hadn't got injured and forced them to go and buy carroll

That will be me then :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670