Worth a go for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Oh come on. You berate Maybury but then make a staggering claim like that.Pressman was fooking useless, way way past his best. He was like a giant oak falling whenever he dived.

Your a sensationalist.
Kevin Pressman has been proven at this level, Maybury still hasn't.

It is being reported on talksport that Mark Bosnich plans to return to football, is set to train with a conference club in the summer, if he can regain his fitness, he would be a decent option, no doubt fairly cheap as well, and no fee.

And he will have something to prove.

Melton Fox said:
Kevin Pressman has been proven at this level, Maybury still hasn't.

:icon_lol: Melton please tell me you are taking the piss, Pressman may have a proven track record at this level but he is also well past his sell by date and at least 3 stone overweight, shocking statement.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It is being reported on talksport that Mark Bosnich plans to return to football, is set to train with a conference club in the summer, if he can regain his fitness, he would be a decent option, no doubt fairly cheap as well, and no fee.

And he will have something to prove.

Is he still a bit slow to come off his line.......:icon_lol:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
:icon_lol: Melton please tell me you are taking the piss, Pressman may have a proven track record at this level but he is also well past his sell by date and at least 3 stone overweight, shocking statement.
Taking the piss slightly, Pressman is no longer up to the standard of the Championship, of course, but IMO neither are the 2 that we have at the minute. In moments they can pull off something fantastic, but in more moments they do domething stupid.

I wasn't joking about Maybury though. I have enough evidence now that others are also seeing this, after every game I criticise Maybury, after every game people come to his defence, also in the same breath they are saying, "Well I have to agree Melton, Maybury didn't have one if his better games today". It's too many times, can't be bothered to go on further with this Maybury thing

Melton Fox said:
Taking the piss slightly, Pressman is no longer up to the standard of the Championship, of course, but IMO neither are the 2 that we have at the minute. In moments they can pull off something fantastic, but in more moments they do domething stupid.

I wasn't joking about Maybury though. I have enough evidence now that others are also seeing this, after every game I criticise Maybury, after every game people come to his defence, also in the same breath they are saying, "Well I have to agree Melton, Maybury didn't have one if his better games today". It's too many times, can't be bothered to go on further with this Maybury thing

I wouldnt disagree with you regarding Maybury, he is adequate for this division, but as with Nissa at left back and the 2 current keepers, you need better than adequate to progress out of this division. Whilst Kelly has performed a miracle over the last dozen or so games, there is still 4 or 5 key areas that need strengthening if we are to make a sustained push for the play offs next season.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I wouldnt disagree with you regarding Maybury, he is adequate for this division, but as with Nissa at left back and the 2 current keepers, you need better than adequate to progress out of this division. Whilst Kelly has performed a miracle over the last dozen or so games, there is still 4 or 5 key areas that need strengthening if we are to make a sustained push for the play offs next season.
1 more post PFKAKTF :038: & it's the big 3

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

I would say that right back was one of the last the areas that needs strengthening. Maybury not looked half as good this season as last. But does a job at this level.
With Spearman with another year behind him as well i'm not sure he'll be our first right back atall next season.

As a priority in the following order:

Left Midfield/Winger
Right Midfield/Winger
Center Midfield
Left Back
GoalKeeper

We haven't really got any wingers in the squad (Hammils rubbish so i'm not counting him!) so thats got to be a priority.
We're going to be light in Midfield next season - you can't play Williams and Hughes in there together - too light weight.

Johanssons improved since RK took over (who hasn't!) and with Sheehan coming through, again i don't think its become the priority it was before christmas.

I'd be happy going into next season with the goalkeepers we have now. Sure, there not great, but i think that there are over priority!

Just re-read this post - could i say 'priority' any more times!

Last edited:
IMO going by results and our pointst tally, RK has proved that we already have the backbone for a team capable of reaching the play offs.

A replacement for Joey is the only Urgent matter. Weso, Hughes, Williams and one other will be enough as we have kisnorbo just in case of crisis.

a couple of wingers would be nice because playing Hughes and maybury wide isn't ideal, although so far it's been effective. the left side is most urgent (replace hamill) as we have maybury, hume, Sylla & Elvis who could play on the right if needed, none of which are ideal for that position either.

after that, extra cover up front (replace morris, De Vries and elvis if possible) and left back (replace Tiatto) would be handy for if nisse is needed to cover for either of the paddies.

i make that 5/6 new players, 3 of which are replacing players out of contract.

Left Back
Centre Mid
Left & right wingers
Striker (s)

The fewer changes we have in the summer the better.

A club in our position isnt going to get a keeper better than the current two. I think they are adequate although both have weak points.

Left back isnt as big a problem. As Tommyk said Nissa and Sheehan should be enough. Again its not ideal but we have to give Sheehan ago sometime. We dont want to be in a position like this year when we bought a LB for no apparent reason.

Centre back is our strongest area. The two Paddys have been outstanding under the current manager. Gerrbrand/Nissa are better than adequate cover, plus we are going to have to give Stearman ago at CB someday soon so there is no point clogging this position further we extra signings.

Maybury is adequte for this division. Stearman and Maybs are again as good as we are going to get.

The wings are our biggest problem, we must get players down both flanks along with one further striker and centre mid.

We need to lose Deep Freeze, Hammond, Hamill and Sylla. This will prove mighty difficult although I wouldnt be gutted if we saw MDV in a city shirt again as back up. The other three are fcuking useless.

Also dont bother with Twato or Morris any longer.

Good post. 90% of what you say I agree with, Spot on.

Melton Fox said:
Maybury and the goalkeepers

Ok how are we going to shift Douglas who has two years left on his deal and Henderson who has a year and then purchase a better keeper?

It would be fantastic but completely unrealistic.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Ok how are we going to shift Douglas who has two years left on his deal and Henderson who has a year and then purchase a better keeper?

It would be fantastic but completely unrealistic.
I don't know. Professional people are paid to sort that out. I do agree though that the GK is not a priority if the defence keeps playing the way it is. But I do feel at the first opportunity we get to change the keeper we shoud grab it.

Melton Fox said:
I don't know. Professional people are paid to sort that out. I do agree though that the GK is not a priority if the defence keeps playing the way it is. But I do feel at the first opportunity we get to change the keeper we shoud grab it.

Oh yeh, we could improve on our keeper situation defo, and you should always try and improve the team. I just cant see how it could be feasable though.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Oh yeh, we could improve on our keeper situation defo, and you should always try and improve the team. I just cant see how it could be feasable though.
OK, we more or less agree on the GK situation, thats a development. Now just Maybury to sort out............:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669