Wortho still thinks hes in with a shout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newell is also unemployed currently, and had Luton playing pretty well. Should be interesting to see if Milan speaks to Blackpool after Sunday too.

Feck after Sunday, there is so much work needed to be done over the summer and this has dragged on long enough imo.

Get the fecker in now and give him the summer to get it right

Feck after Sunday, there is so much work needed to be done over the summer and this has dragged on long enough imo.

Get the fecker in now and give him the summer to get it right

I would rather wait a few extra days and ensure we appoint the right man rather than rush in appoint Allen and regret it later.

I would rather wait a few extra days and ensure we appoint the right man rather than rush in appoint Allen and regret it later.

MM has said he will make an announcement before the end of the month, which means we have over a week to go. In that time a certain manager will either be in the premiership or still in the championship. If it's the latter of the 2, I expect MM will go all out to get his man.

I agree there is no point in rushing it, but it has not been rushed and MM must surley know who he wants by now, so get him in! :)

Mad dog is the right appointment if MM chose him to the manager, he is taking the biggest risk in appointing a manager to himself, he has to have the right man to take his club forward and if he feels Martin Allen is him then we should all support him because if MM didnt come to this club god knows we could be getting ready for league 1 with Rob kelly still in charge

MM has said he will make an announcement before the end of the month, which means we have over a week to go.

No it doesn't. If that's what he said it means he could make an announcement today, tomorrow, the day after, any time up to the 31st. So we don't know how long we have to go.

And he didn't say he WILL make an announcement before the end of the month.

He said "Before the month is finished I am hopeful we will name the new manager "

So it's pointless expecting any kind of deadline. When it happens, it happens.

I hope he is, the more I think about Allen's imminent appointment the more I find it astounding. He has reached the play off semi's twice with Brentford in league one, he then walks out, drops to the bottom division to join MK Dons and proceeds to be knocked out of the play offs at the same stage, albeit with the highest wage budget in the division.

This suggests to me a manager who has limitations and actually achieved very little, he may have a high win percentage but it seems when it comes to the big games that matter, he is found wanting. When you compare his achievements and honours to those of Warnock and Worthington, IMO there is no comparison and no explainable reason why he should be appointed ahead of either of these two managers.

And how many big gams have we been involved in recently, and how many do you think we are likely to get in.

No it doesn't. If that's what he said it means he could make an announcement today, tomorrow, the day after, any time up to the 31st. So we don't know how long we have to go.

He said "Before the month is finished I am hopeful we will name the new manager "

Sorry Jeff :icon_conf

I hope he is, the more I think about Allen's imminent appointment the more I find it astounding. He has reached the play off semi's twice with Brentford in league one, he then walks out, drops to the bottom division to join MK Dons and proceeds to be knocked out of the play offs at the same stage, albeit with the highest wage budget in the division.

This suggests to me a manager who has limitations and actually achieved very little, he may have a high win percentage but it seems when it comes to the big games that matter, he is found wanting. When you compare his achievements and honours to those of Warnock and Worthington, IMO there is no comparison and no explainable reason why he should be appointed ahead of either of these two managers.

I feel that Allen is the right appointment. His record is quite similar to MON at this stage in his career. MON missed out on promotions too and left Norwich to come to us because of differences with his chairman. I understand that's why Allen left Brentford. MON missed out on promotion from the Conference with Wycombe but got it the next year. If Allen had stayed at Brentford he may have taken them up. And I bet if he does stay at Shoud Still Be Wimbledon then they'll go up next year. We might not go up first time but it would be so good to be competing for it again instead of looking over your shoulder at the likes of Southend (and Leeds). Allen for me!!

It's like the takeover saga all over again :icon_roll

wonder if wortho still thinks he's in with a chance now?

Wait for someone to suggest he's still going to come in as Director of Football......

Wait for someone to suggest he's still going to come in as Director of Football......

he's still in with a chance as manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670