Wot ? Favourite Player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xsubmariner said:
Looking at some of the replies answers quite a few questions. :roll:
Many of the players suggested are players from our recent "good times".
Suggests to me why the patience of some City fans is very short. Why they seem to think we have a God given right to be in the Premiership.
They don't know the bad times, the hard times. :cry:
Barely 6,500 hardcore at Filbo in the 80's. Times were bleak! :cry:
I'm not saying go back there. I hope you new supporters never suffer those times, but that first play off final was our first Wembly trip since 1969.
Bloody hell, I've just read my post and I sound like ol' grandad!!!
"I remember when..."
Anyway, my 3 players, Shilton, Weller and Worthington, (with Lineker as a supersub!!)
Time for my cocoa....coming nurse (I wish....) ;-)

to be fair you can't blame people if they choose recent players if they werent alive when people like shilton weller and worthington where playing(me for example :-D )-im not saying they aren't quality players, but seeing them on tv is a alot different to seeing them play live, which is why some of us may not of included them!

Drum's you misunderstand me. :? The players chosen are quality players, and I have nothing against whoever fans may choose as their best 3 players. Hey, we live in a democratic world. ;-)
It was a dig at the fickleness of a modern day city supporter that only knows recent good times so expect them all the time..... :roll:

Just remember the kiss I got before he left ... every day I stare at the picture of me and him (not allowed to have it at home!)

:smt007

Never mind one day you might get a kiss of Danny Tiatto...that will keep you awake at night :smt087

Cate Fox said:
Just remember the kiss I got before he left ... every day I stare at the picture of me and him (not allowed to have it at home!)
The same reason that Highland voted for David Oldfield then....

Lee Marshall, Junior Lewis, John Curtis :eek:

No, being serious, the 3 players I would go for (if they were at their peak):

Lineker
Keown
McAllister

xsubmariner said:
Drum's you misunderstand me. :? The players chosen are quality players, and I have nothing against whoever fans may choose as their best 3 players. Hey, we live in a democratic world. ;-)
It was a dig at the fickleness of a modern day city supporter that only knows recent good times so expect them all the time..... :roll:
fair enough all is forgiven :smt008

Cate Fox said:

:smt007

Now then , no drooling Cate

KAAMARK_Pontus_19980328_NF_R.jpg

Matt Elliott, reliable and him Frank and Taggs had a brilliant understanding of whose role was what

Neil Lennon, ball winner and creative

Emile Heskey, in my opinion we would have got no where without bruno creating as much as he did when we were good for a short while.

once again, im going for players i've actually seen at city, a bit hard to judge otherwise IMO

When we were a good premiership side, the 3 most important players for me were

Elliott - fantastic at his peak, solid, strong yet excellent on the ball
Lennon - Won you the ball, and retained possession, something we sadly lack now - in terms of importance he was miles ahead of Izzet et al
Heskey - I was inclined to say Cottee, however I don't think TC would have been half as succesful without Emile doing the donkey work. He was frighteningly good on his day.

In other eras I would put forward Draper (who never ever gets mentioned) who was an absolute class above everybody else on the pitch when at Leicester, and obvious recent candidates like Claridge, Taggart, Savage, Flowers etc.

Keith Weller

Neil Lennon

Gary Lineker

But in our current circumstances and the division we are in then I think the following 3 players would be the answer :

Gerry Taggart

Robbie Savage

Paul Dickov

These 3 would never have accepted some of the half hearted performances of this last season.

Brauny Blue you are my hero.... I've saved the picture to my desktop for regular drooling sessions

:smt023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670