Would the real Leicester City, please step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it's crystal clear that MM would not have the sort of money to lash out on different class players were we to be promoted in a few season's time. So presumably he would try to sell on the club.

As a ball park figure you could be looking at a £30m plus investment to make the transition and that is if you could persuade the players of a necessary class to sign for Leicester.

I was casually watching bits from the Man City v West Ham league game the other evening. Two very decent but not super sides - but the quality of the players and the game was a world or two above the stuff I see when I make the big effort to go to The Walkers. In the first instance the Prem players were knocking the ball into spaces; their team mates knew where the ball was going and players fitted neatly into an established pattern of play. When I watch us playing fizzy league stuff, I see the ball knocked forward in hope rather than expectation that it will be find its destination and generally it is very difficult indeed to discern any clear pattern to the game.

It's a massive gap to overcome.

All good points as per usual RF

So true Matt, we are by no means a 'yo yo' club at the moment.

At the 'moment' yes. But over our entire history, it defines us. I thought this thread was trying to look a little further than the immediate past? If we'd looked at the immediate past a few years ago, we'd have placed ourselves as a top 10 Prem club. That would be as daft as saying we are bottom half of the Champ fodder because of the last 3 years.

A rudimentary check of stats (which I'm sure you'll enjoy) over the last 15 seasons shows that 6 of them resulted in promotion from the Champ or relegation from the Prem. We've spent 8 of the last 15 seasons in the Prem and 7 in the Champ.

That's fairly typical of us and what can only be described as the near-perfect yo-yo team.

At the 'moment' yes. But over our entire history, it defines us. I thought this thread was trying to look a little further than the immediate past? If we'd looked at the immediate past a few years ago, we'd have placed ourselves as a top 10 Prem club. That would be as daft as saying we are bottom half of the Champ fodder because of the last 3 years.

A rudimentary check of stats (which I'm sure you'll enjoy) over the last 15 seasons shows that 6 of them resulted in promotion from the Champ or relegation from the Prem. We've spent 8 of the last 15 seasons in the Prem and 7 in the Champ.

That's fairly typical of us and what can only be described as the near-perfect yo-yo team.

:038::038::038:

I can't be arsed to read all 5 pages, but in my humble opinion if we ignored the different divisions and listed all the teams in size and importance I think we would be somewhere between 20-25.

BN - I actually do find stats like that very interesting. My displeasure was of a revolving theme.

Great points you make, as usual Sir.

I can't be arsed to read all 5 pages, but in my humble opinion if we ignored the different divisions and listed all the teams in size and importance I think we would be somewhere between 20-25.

Change your settings then, all on 1 page for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669