Confirmed Transfer Wout Faes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what the Reims website says about him. Translated by Google.

Thanks Wout!​

Arrived in the summer of 2020, Wout Faes left the Stade de Reims to join the English club Leicester. Charismatic leader, whose commitment on the pitch is matched only by his humility off it, Wout left his mark on the club with his professionalism and kindness.

Oscar Garcia liked to say of him that he was " a player with personality", who hated defeat, even refused it. Every supporter of the Stade de Reims remembers his furious climbs with the ball at his feet, his life-saving tackles in the very last moments of a meeting or his surly headers to come and snatch a important victory. Vice-captain behind the immutable Yunis Abdelhamid with whom he formed a solid and complementary hinge, Faes also had an important role in the Reims locker room. Listened to and respected by all, his aura and his human qualities were unanimous. A great craftsman of Reims' defensive solidity, in the top 10 best defenses in Ligue 1 Uber Eats for the past two seasons, Wout sometimes knows how to turn into a goalscorer when the need arises, as evidenced by his four goals in the last championship. Good at dueling,intractable in the air, his sense of anticipation and movement also allow him to recover a good number of balls.

His time at the Stade de Reims allowed him to take on another dimension, to gain consistency and maturity to the point of becoming an A international with Belgium. Performances that did not go unnoticed... Thus, despite the interest of Italian clubs at the start of the transfer window, Wout Faes finally took the road to England. "We had a moral agreement with Wout, it was important to honor it. It was also important not to rush and to wait for a project that met our requirements and those of the player. Wout joins one of the top English clubs, twice top 5 in the last three years." Explains Mathieu Lacour, the director general of the SDR. It must be said that for the past few seasons the Stade de Reims has made the sale of its central defenders a specialty, after Bjorn Engels or Axel Disasi, it is therefore Wout Faes' turn to cross the Channel to join the Leicester club, recent FA Cup winner. Wout, the Stade de Reims thanks you for your investment and wishes you the best for the future!

Waiting for the dreaded statement from Dorsett/Tanner “Sources say they don’t expect any further incomings our outgoings today”

Does anyone actually know how to pronounce it? I'm ****ed if I'm telling anyone in person until I'm sure.

When I see it written down I get mental images of a 1980s South African copper baton charging rioters in Soweto.

This is what the Reims website says about him. Translated by Google.

Thanks Wout!​

Arrived in the summer of 2020, Wout Faes left the Stade de Reims to join the English club Leicester. Charismatic leader, whose commitment on the pitch is matched only by his humility off it, Wout left his mark on the club with his professionalism and kindness.

Oscar Garcia liked to say of him that he was " a player with personality", who hated defeat, even refused it. Every supporter of the Stade de Reims remembers his furious climbs with the ball at his feet, his life-saving tackles in the very last moments of a meeting or his surly headers to come and snatch a important victory. Vice-captain behind the immutable Yunis Abdelhamid with whom he formed a solid and complementary hinge, Faes also had an important role in the Reims locker room. Listened to and respected by all, his aura and his human qualities were unanimous. A great craftsman of Reims' defensive solidity, in the top 10 best defenses in Ligue 1 Uber Eats for the past two seasons, Wout sometimes knows how to turn into a goalscorer when the need arises, as evidenced by his four goals in the last championship. Good at dueling,intractable in the air, his sense of anticipation and movement also allow him to recover a good number of balls.

His time at the Stade de Reims allowed him to take on another dimension, to gain consistency and maturity to the point of becoming an A international with Belgium. Performances that did not go unnoticed... Thus, despite the interest of Italian clubs at the start of the transfer window, Wout Faes finally took the road to England. "We had a moral agreement with Wout, it was important to honor it. It was also important not to rush and to wait for a project that met our requirements and those of the player. Wout joins one of the top English clubs, twice top 5 in the last three years." Explains Mathieu Lacour, the director general of the SDR. It must be said that for the past few seasons the Stade de Reims has made the sale of its central defenders a specialty, after Bjorn Engels or Axel Disasi, it is therefore Wout Faes' turn to cross the Channel to join the Leicester club, recent FA Cup winner. Wout, the Stade de Reims thanks you for your investment and wishes you the best for the future!

If he's that good, he's Our Future! (sod off Chelsea)

About ****ing time

I’m excited to hear all the different pronunciations of his name at the KP.

I’m excited to hear all the different pronunciations of his name at the KP.
I've given up correcting my dad with current players who have been here long enough already. His attempts at Ndidi, Tielemans, Iheanacho and Soyuncu are beyond help, so he's got no hope with new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757