Post Match Wycombe Wanderers 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch Albert on RL?

Not good enough

For the love of sweet baby Jebus go now, Peeston, you complete shithouse

It's not PE Arson's fault, it's the grey away shirts. Shambles.

And I suppose you believe that he didn't directly pick the colour himself ?

You gullible idiot

If we can win every away game this season 2-1 I will be rather happy.
So far so good.

Sledger is really ****ing all over the plan to get rid in October.

Pearson must be absolutely fuming, as he's probably already spent the compensation.

Nige on RL;

- Bonus to do it in 90 minutes
- Danced around the 'are you impressed' question
- Pleased with set pieces
- Unhappy with how ref dealt with Moore's injury (winded badly after a big fall going over the striker and the ref didn't stop it)
- Important not to alter it too much but also needed to give others a run out
- Exceptional support
- Far from being the finished article
- Wants us to be 'slicker' when passing
- Acknowledged that the transition into a 5-3-2 is difficult for the players
- Didn't sound too chuffed that Nuge grabbed the penalty. 'I'll have to ask him about that, its (having a designated kicker) something we take seriously'
- No comment on the speculation about Arsenal loanees. 'When there's news we'll let you know through the right channels, not through third parties who think they have a divine right to throw a spanner in the works'
- Knows nothing about the Koncheskey rumours

- No comment on the speculation about Arsenal loanees. 'When there's news we'll let you know through the right channels, not through third parties who think they have a divine right to throw a spanner in the works'

:icon_lol:

Nice summary Ted.

Didn't sound the greatest of performances but we were the better team in the second half and got the end result so all good really.

Need to raise our game for Leeds though I reckon we will, especially for the first home game.

Last edited:
Very interesting chat with St Ledger after the game too, discussing his relationship with Nige. Sounds like they got off on the wrong foot really and was rather humble and honest about his position at the club now given that he was told he could go in the summer. Says he wants to stay and earn a new contract as his deal is up next summer. He said he likes being here, great bunch of lads etc.

Came across rather well and was honest about being transfer listed but says he has a good relationship with Nige now.

Nige on RL;

- Bonus to do it in 90 minutes
- Danced around the 'are you impressed' question
- Pleased with set pieces
- Unhappy with how ref dealt with Moore's injury (winded badly after a big fall going over the striker and the ref didn't stop it)
- Important not to alter it too much but also needed to give others a run out
- Exceptional support
- Far from being the finished article
- Wants us to be 'slicker' when passing
- Acknowledged that the transition into a 5-3-2 is difficult for the players
- Didn't sound too chuffed that Nuge grabbed the penalty. 'I'll have to ask him about that, its (having a designated kicker) something we take seriously'
- Knows nothing about the Koncheskey rumours

Cheers for the summary - much appreciated!

He would have, he's just scored the winning goal.

He'll be cleaning the training ground toilets on Monday if he has a crap game against Leeds.

It's not that bad a job though as no players use the actual toilets for a crap.

Good chance to skive off for some Angry Birds time.

I have to say I'm incredibly chuffed with those two wins. We weren't particularly amazing in either game from what I've read/heard, but coming off the back of an oddly quiet summer and a disturbing end to last season, the players seem to have developed a good mentality. A slow but winning start to the season is very pleasing and I'm sure that if everyone can continue to work together the good results will develop into good performances too.

I'm happy.

Draw for the next round on Thursday by the way.

Last edited:
Not long been in from the game, but here's a few thoughts from me....

We weren't very good overall, only started to look like we could control the game in the 2nd half really when it looked like Wycombe had tired. We were fairly solid at the back for most of it, bar a few moments (I'll come back to that), but didn't look like we had much creativity going forward, particularly in the first half.

Danns, De Laet and Moore were our best players I felt; was really impressed with Danns considering I didn't really expect him to come back after last season. Him and De Laet linked well in the first half down the right, constant give and go and good movement between them.

I actually quite liked the 3-5-2... definitely think it works better defensively. I think we may need to play Knockaert or Marshall in the midfield 3 though to give us more in an attacking sense - although can understand sometimes using that from the bench instead. Being solid first isn't really a bad thing in my eyes.

Strangely in the first half, of our 2 wing backs it was De Laet that was constantly getting forward and was probably our most creative player, whereas Dyer was barely involved and sat back a lot more. A bit weird considering their natural positions, and the fact Wycombe had nothing down their right at all. This was recognised and Dyer did go out to hug the line more, but struggled to get involved in the first half still.

I thought SSL was poor throughout though. Well done for grabbing the winner, but defensively he didn't look comfortable and looked well out of sorts. I always thought he was pretty decent, but he seemed to have fallen a long way! Wood was poor too. Amazed he stayed on.

MOTM torn between Danns and RDL. Probably Danns though as RDL got quieter as the game went on. That RWB position seems perfect for him though.

Well, we made bloody hard work of that. Wycombe gave us a run for our money. They kept the ball well, passed it well and worked for each other, just very little in the box. We passed into thin air. Gave the ball away lots. I thought the Wycombe goal was a cracker. The away strip is horrible, made it difficult to see the players as they just merged into the background. Still, job done, which is more than can be said for Ipswich, Brighton or Middlesbrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566